Not Proud Of My Race

Silver Sable said:
I hope I won't get in trouble for posting this but I just need to express how I feel to all of you since most of you guys and girls are very understanding.

I'm not happy about being caucasian (white) because my kind is getting a bad reputation with all this racism and stuff.I don't like the idea that others think that were bad people.You will find bad people of any race.Not just one.Why can't everyone, no matter what race they are just live in peace? If I had the opportunity, I would change my race

IMO you shouldn't feel bad at all. Screw reputations, and whatever anyone labels you as based on skin color going both ways. Every person should be judged for their individual actions and not what their ancestors did a long time ago, or what color of skin your born with.

There are asses on all sides of the fence of every color, extremists, racists, and overall ignorant ppl. However it sounds like you are none of the above, and have no reason to be ashamed as you've done nothing warranting being ashamed. To tell the truth if you wake up and look in the mirror wishing you were another race then that's messing with your self esteem. Don't let Hollywood sterotypes of whites or blacks mess with your mind, treat others with respect and you'll get it back (hopefully lol).

The ones who label all white ppl as evil devils because of what other white ppl have done are just as racist as the white ppl who did the wrongs. Blaming everyone of an entire skin color for the sins of a few is racism as well. Now while my heritage is more native american, I grew up white and feel no need to apologize for things I haven't done. Carrying around all that baggage of others wrongs can mess you up, help others if you can, be kind, do positive things, don't be racist yourself, stand up for those being hated upon, and if after you being positive someone still just sees you as being hateful because your white then nothing you can do and that's something wrong with them.

VigilanteArtist said:
Yes, I know that evolution takes time. But aren't we talking about war in general, instead of war based solely on racism?

War has existed for tens of thousands of years, yet I believe humanity has improved since then.
War has existed for thousands of years. Social darwinism and eugenics has not.

And whether you want to believe it or not, racism is practically an institution in many non-white countries.
Yes, in many non-white countries people are white supremacist too. That sad thing is they're people of color.

So let's look at it from another perspective, shall we?

I contend that modern Western white nations are more accepting of other cultures than any other group of people in the world. And most educated people would agree with me (sorry if you do not). Perhaps this IS the result of wars based on prejudice, NOT because we killed others in the name of racism, but because our incredibly aggressive foreign policy actually PROTECTED white women in children in the homeland. Thereby the least aggressive, were, in fact, protected, leading to a more peaceful society in the future!

On the other hand, in countries where non-whites were persecuted by whites, it was the exact opposite. Only the strong and agressive survived. The weak were thrown out. Leading to a less accepting future society.

*By the way, I'm only hypothesizing.
I don't know, these theories are a bit too far fetched, even for me.

blind_fury said:
War has existed for thousands of years. Social darwinism and eugenics has not.

Yes, in many non-white countries people are white supremacist too. That sad thing is they're people of color.

I don't know, these theories are a bit too far fetched, even for me.
Well, the theory of social Darwinism hasn't been around for thousands of years, but it HAS been going on. Every time a group of people meet on a battlefield, one group is knocked out of the gene pool, and humanity changes slightly... this goes back thousands of years.

There's only one thing I'd like to add... a couple of posts ago you mentioned that social change (laws) in Western societies promoting civil rights were done in order to atone for past sins....

As I'm not a second-wave feminist (I'm actually a guy, but I suppose it's possible for a man to be a feminist), I believe that social change can NOT happen without biology/nature giving it incentive to. (In case you don't get the reference, many second-wave feminists of the 60's believed social order was purely based on learned behavior, rather than nature. Today, most people believe that while learned behavior is important, this behavior would not exist if not for nature giving it reason to.

In conclusion, social change as it pertains to civil rights probably had alot to do with nature, as these new laws have helped ensure mutual survival.

Anyways, that's all I've got on this topic. It's been nice chatting with you. :yay:

Silver Sable said:
I'm not happy about being caucasian (white) because my kind is getting a bad reputation with all this racism and stuff.I don't like the idea that others think that were bad people.You will find bad people of any race.Not just one.Why can't everyone, no matter what race they are just live in peace? If I had the opportunity, I would change my race

Good, we didnt want you anyway.

A race as you call it is a very large sample of the population. in that sample, you will find all sorts. The extremists who give a bad image are the ones that are portrayed the most because they are outside of the norm and therefore have entertainment value (even if the sight makes you cringe it does divert your attention to it). The rest which is norm do not get portrayed and therfore remain invisible.

To say you do not ike your race is just too large a statement. You are basing your judgement based on exception not the overall majority.

Silver Sable said:
I hope I won't get in trouble for posting this but I just need to express how I feel to all of you since most of you guys and girls are very understanding.

kidsthesedays.jpg

Silver Sable said:

I think thats ridiculous. Just because of the actions of a few people?

If you were black, the gangbangers would make you ashamed of your race.

individuals carry shame; not a race as a whole

I'm a caucasian female. I'm not ashamed of it. However, when it comes to "pride", I'm proud of my kindness, I'm proud of my dedication, I'm proud of my honesty, I'm proud of my sincerity, etc... Race doesn't come into the picture. As far as I'm concerned, race shouldn't really be important. It's your character that really counts. (and boy, can I be a real character at times ;) )

deemar325 said:
It's called a Clan rally Mr. Walters

See? This is what I'm talking about. White people organize and they're called racist. Minorities do it and everyone goes "awww, isn't that cute!" That's not fair. How about a million white man march on Washington? Why is that considered rude?

blind_fury said:
When white, straight people have been opressed for hundreds of years by blacks and gays then you can have a parade. ok?

I'm Irish, my people have been opressed for hundreds of years and so what if they have? In order for it to be okay to be proud of who you are you need to have been opressed? Whatever.

Rascism is so silly.

Nobody has any control over where they're born or what they look like.

Yet some people still use it as an excuse to hate somebody:huh:

It's dumbfounding.

Does rascism exist among any other species?

All this talk about racism. I bet god is laughing at us up there. For making such a big deal about some people whos ancestors spent a little more time in the sun the next guy's.

"Everyday I wake up white in a city that aint. " - - Carcetti

Be proud of where you come from, be proud of your heritage.

Don't wear it on your sleeve or your number 1 identifying characteristic.

:whatever:

What I hate is how nearly every nonwhite racial comedian can make fun of white folks. They can call us cracker, and honky, and all sorts of racial epithets.

But one of us uses the n-word and suddenly it's racist, you're racist, you should be ashamed, it's our word, blah. No, it's a white word used against black folks, just like cracker and honky are black words used against white folks.

Stop the hate.

I think that a lot of people get disappointed in their race every now and then.

Hell, sometimes I'm disappointed with black folks. Not as a whole or anything mainly just the ignorant ones who make us look bad.

I just hate people in general becaues I think stupidity and ignorance know no colored lines.

You are not your skin. You are what is beneath it.

jag

Silver Sable said:

This is about the most ignorant post I've ever seen.

SS,

Quit with the pity party and get to a tanning salon, stat!

Heck, I've can hook you up with some free tanning vouchers from my gym if you want. I'm sure you can afford a trip to Mehico and just learn the language and culture there.

Then when people start calling you a "wetback" and blame you for stealing jobs or whatnot, you can have another pity party and perhaps start squinting to look east asian and learn the dialect/accent by hanging out at the local "Super Buffet"..

Actions speak louder than words..get cracking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"