• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

I'm sure that when the press junkets and interviews start for The Penguin, Reeves will be asked about The Batman 2, so maybe then we'll get some sort of update. Even if minor.

While this franchise being culled for the DCU strikes me as unlikely (especially because, personally, I think the DCU is going to tank right out the gate) I do think The Batverse side of things is probably the most likely casualty. Especially in light of the obvious shenanigans that happened with the Arkham show. I bet there will be another bridging series between Part II and III if all goes well, that's probably it though.

While this franchise being culled for the DCU strikes me as unlikely (especially because, personally, I think the DCU is going to tank right out the gate) I do think The Batverse side of things is probably the most likely casualty. Especially in light of the obvious shenanigans that happened with the Arkham show. I bet there will be another bridging series between Part II and III if all goes well, that's probably it though.
I feel like the worst thing that could happen is Superman does ok and then WB is stuck not knowing how to proceed forward. Do they continue on with a shared DCU if Superman doesn't take off? Do they move forward with the brave and the bold. They wouldn't be able to scrap Superman entirely if it gets positive reviews.

It's going to be tough.

I feel like the worst thing that could happen is Superman does ok and then WB is stuck not knowing how to proceed forward. Do they continue on with a shared DCU if Superman doesn't take off? Do they move forward with the brave and the bold. They wouldn't be able to scrap Superman entirely if it gets positive reviews.

It's going to be tough.
If Superman does ok the answer will be 100% to move forward.

It's going to be tough.
I feel like if Superman does okay - but not as good as they'd have liked - they may fast-track focus on Brave and the Bold. Going from Superman to the safe bet of Batman is a classic WB move.

Batman's level of success or lack thereof will signify the viability of the DCU far more, to them. If they can get audiences invested into their new Batman family - then they'll think it can spread to the rest of the DCU's properties.

The strikes really did a number on the timeline of it all. But timing wise, I think it's for the best. I'd rather Reeves be involved on the penguin and see rough cuts so he can factor that into a sequel without being rushed.

Although this is Hollywood, like you mentioned, my hope is that WB is still high on a Batverse and if the penguin does well, we actually get some announcements on other spinoffs. Reeves was activitely taking pitches as far as we know and I would hope he has had the time to map out something big. Wishful thinking on my part but why kick this thing to the curb in the hopes of chasing some shared DC universe.

Looking at it's box office number of 770 with a 45 day window in theatrical and during a time where people didn't want to go to theatres, coupled with the bad taste of the DCEU, I think this series could break out of he does something ambitious with the sequel. Let's hope we get to see it and that people don't lose interest by the time the sequel comes out.
I forgot about the strikes, but even without them, it's been a long time without even a simple confirmation by Reeves, or Pattinson. We only learned the script wasn't finished yet. Gunn's Superman is moving foward very quickly, so It's hard to not think about a possible cancellation. But I don't think this is the case. The Penguin is coming and it looks great. Just wish we had some concrete news and Matt weren't that slow with the script :lol:

Do I think The Batman: Part II is genuinely in any danger? Not really.

But do I think The Penguin still releasing is proof that it is not in any danger? I mean, would WB really release content for a universe they know is already dead? They'd never do that.
*cough* The Flash, Shazam: Fury of the Gods, Aquaman II, Blue Beetle, *cough*

They may have 2 projects in the can by the time Superman drops and one connects directly to Superman. It won't just outright stop lol

Didn't Gunn bring Arkham back from the dead lol Reeves ran through two writers for GCPD then his bosses wanted something else; that became Arkham. It went quiet for months. Then they hired a showrunner the same time they hired Gunn.

Leaked picture of Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne in The Penguin (Be careful, spoilers)
GQPuHUwWQAA8Dqy.jpeg

Let’s be real: that era and style of music is absolutely and unambiguously apt for the movies tone.

Was about to say that I really fail to feel the connection. :whoops:

In my mind, I'd put the movie's vibe closer to NIN (Broken era) or early Filter and that kind of 80/90s angsty/industrial/post-grunge, even gothic sound.
But to each their own, there are obviously a lot of people who make the connection between The Batman and this type of Nu-Metal (emo?) music, more typical of the 2000s.

Oh and the animation is killer, of course !

Was about to say that I really fail to feel the connection. :whoops:

In my mind, I'd put the movie's vibe closer to NIN (Broken era) or early Filter and that kind of 80/90s angsty/industrial/post-grunge, even gothic sound.
But to each their own, there are obviously a lot of people who make the connection between The Batman and this type of Nu-Metal (emo?) music, more typical of the 2000s.

Oh and the animation is killer, of course !
That is absolutely what the movie is going for but for my money the tone it lands on is actually far more 2007 Linkin Park AMV. Which isn't a criticism, I absolutely love that about the movie.

Let’s be real: that era and style of music is absolutely and unambiguously apt for the movies tone.

I've always had this idea that this Batman thinks he's grunge or emo, but doesn't realize he's actually nu-metal/butt rock. :funny:

I unironically wish they would use a Breaking Benjamin song for the next movie.

The Penguins production value looks so damn good. Really feels like an exact continuation of Reeves film, as it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"