• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

Why is reddit so pessimistic about Pattinson and this franchise? Even the main sub r/batman is extremely cynical about it. While constantly orgasming over Batfleck.

The main Batman subreddit is the absolute worst metric to judge the fanbase by lmao

Improperly moderated and filled with just weirdo karma hounds who try to brown nose the SnyderVerse peeps

There's a reason this place has been able to sustain itself for actual decades and still have substantial discussions while that place has been crashing and burning since 2009

The last time I visited that sub, they were brownnosing both Reeves and Snyder Batman, while constantly trashing Nolan and not having much love for Burton.

Oh, and there were multiple threads asking "Is it me, or is The Batman cartoon underrated?"

That subreddit has at least 3 "what would you change about Nolans batman movies" posts a week or even ones like "Nolan white washed batmans rogues". I swear, it's like they're TRYING to convince others that they're bad. I tend to avoid that subreddit in general honestly, but here it's more fun because we can all be civil and discuss the merits of each Batman adaption without having people trying to retroactively tarnish past iterations to prop up their favorite. I don't know what the obsession is with that.

Have you ever looked through the comment section and bullsh** appears out of nowhere?

87CuRwN.jpg

giphy.gif

Yeah, I'm gonna be honest, I really wish the reeves verse would be the only live action Batman verse. I don't like the idea of the brave and the bold or just having a second live action Batman universe in general while Reeves is building out his own. In my opinion, brave and the bold shouldnt happen. Let Reeves do his thing.

Imagine thinking it crazy to flesh out the one area of DC that's actually working.
Not by its own but it is kind of a wild scenario for the DC brand to be in that they can't count on their one succesful Batman to help them with their larger plans. Reevesverse is probably better off for it but still, it does defy common sense a little bit.

It was actually a successful movie and when you consider that it was hit by delays and came out when covid restrictions were lifting, still managing to open to 133 million, it's a no brainer.

The only mistake they are making is doing TBATB.
If anything Gunn should be begging to integrate Reeves batman as a loose continuity only after his series is over.

I do think it would be wise to kick the can down the road a bit where Batman is concerned in the new DCU. If Reeves/Pattinson continue to kill it, see if there’s absolutely no chance that take could be integrated into what Gunn has planned. If there isn’t, then at least wait for them to wrap up their story before you introduce a new Batman.

I'm all for this. Let Reeves cook and keep a new Batman on the backburner. Plenty of other characters that Gunn can introduce and flesh out before they usher in a new Dark Knight.
I think the problem he's facing is that not a single one of those characters will make money.

They might if they’re not spending a quarter billion a pop.
Shazam and Blue Beetle say otherwise lol Hell, even if The Flash had spent about half of what it did, it'd have still been a massive flop.

Literally not even out yet.
The writing is on the wall at this point— But even then my point still stands. The "they just need to keep the budgets low" argument would make sense if the amount of money DC movies are making would be enough to be a hit with a modest budget but it isn't.
Birds of Prey had a modest budget and it was a flop. Shazam 2 had a modest budget and it was a flop. Flash is losing about 200 million dollars so even if it was 100 million cheaper it'd still lose 100 million. There's pretty much no getting around the fact that as it stands they're in no condition whatsoever to introduce unknowns or side characters to the masses and expect to make any money off them, even if they really, really tried to keep the budgets mega-low.

Under these conditions the only thing they can count on to make any money is Batman, even under less than ideal circumstances.

Under these conditions the only thing they can count on to make any money is Batman, even under less than ideal circumstances.

Even then you have to be careful with it. Clearly, batman didn't save the dceu with Ben Affleck, and frankly, the flash version of his batman didn't help that movie. Nor did Michael Keaton. Also, the way Ben Affleck's batman was portrayed for certain parts, it reminded me of batman and robin. We definitely don't need a rehash of that movie almost 30 years later.

It's clear audience gravitate to the more serious tone for the character and although comic book fans may like this pitch, I think general audiences may not go for it.

I'm a batman fan and the whole Damian as his son doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.

We know how all talk about non-Batman stuff goes in these threads: doomsday talk, everything sucks, no fun allowed lol

Reeves can make his films while the DCU deals with literally EVERY other character. Don’t see many passing on TBatB bc Batman Part II came out however many years prior and I don’t see many passing on Batman Part III bc TBatB came out however many years prior.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"