Age of Extinction In the TRANSFORMERS SEQUEL, the VILLAIN IS OFFICIALLY.....

UNICRON!!!!

As quoted in Movietime Magazine, the writers of the Michael Bay Transformers movie, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, say in an interview:

We can't say much right now, but as we are almost finished writing the screenplay for the sequel, the action will be bigger than the first one - literally bigger - as in our heros and villains [Autobots and Decepticons] reluctantly teaming up to fight a certain evil planet-sized Transformer.

Do you have a link to this? Doesn't sound legit to me, because I had just read an article two days ago that quoted Orci and Kurtzman as saying they haven't even begun work on a script for a sequel.

Do you have a link to this? Doesn't sound legit to me, because I had just read an article two days ago that quoted Orci and Kurtzman as saying they haven't even begun work on a script for a sequel.

i agree, galactus was just on the big screen, i dont want unicron, to similar in plot imo and he's still too soon, this thread is ridiculous anyway, theirs no evidence yet.

I really hope no, He sounds too much like Galactus meets the deathstar.

no. this cant be true...too early for unicron...we have only been introduced to the transformers in the 1st film...the 2nd should now concentrate on the autobots protecting the earth from the decepticons as they go on a campaign to suck it dry of energy and transfer it to cybertron via a space bridge. that is the next logical step to take........

no. this cant be true...too early for unicron...we have only been introduced to the transformers in the 1st film...the 2nd should now concentrate on the autobots protecting the earth from the decepticons as they go on a campaign to suck it dry of energy and transfer it to cybertron via a space bridge. that is the next logical step to take........
yep

UNICRON!!!!

As quoted in Movietime Magazine, the writers of the Michael Bay Transformers movie, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, say in an interview:

We can't say much right now, but as we are almost finished writing the screenplay for the sequel, the action will be bigger than the first one - literally bigger - as in our heros and villains [Autobots and Decepticons] reluctantly teaming up to fight a certain evil planet-sized Transformer.

Link please

save unicron for #3 please...

Unicron should be at least build up in the 2nd movie.

Sounds cool hopefully they don't try to set up rodimus prime though.

Optimus getting killed once was enough.

Amen to that! I REALLY hope they learned their lesson from the reaction toward Transformers: The Movie!

And you gotta think they're paying attention to that, b/c they were supposed to add Arcee to the current movie (until negative reaction forced the latter)....uh, YA THINK!?!

Who the F*&% likes Arcee?!? I sure as hell don't!

But yeah, nice to see the thread title "abiding" by the non-spoiler rule...:whatever:

I wonder if there will be enough room in the movie to fit Bay's ego and the new nemesis :p J/K

UNICRON!!!!

Yet in this interview, it states that they have declined on writing a sequel to TF.

http://trekmovie.com/2007/07/09/trek-writers-talk-sequels/

One of these reports are bs...the question is...which?!?! :ninja:

I don't like the fact that they're using Unicron now too, the more i think about it but the forced team up between the Autobots and Deceptiocn (ala X- Men:United) will undoubtably force the writers to dedicate more screentime and dialogue to the bots..which will be good.

I kind of like the toned-down continuity we received in the first one. I really would like to see more of that continue.

The more I ponder it, Unicron seems like too big of an undertaking, especially for a first sequel. :( Unicron would be the kind of desperate tool I would expect to see when the franchise starts treading water....and they're not even close to that point yet!

Please, be wise Bay & Co. No-Unicron-Yet! Let us enjoy the franchise before destroying it. They'd need at least a full movie JUST to raise the troop number of Autobots/Decepticons in order to fight Unicron??

I feel that if they tried to do Unicron, it would turn out a lot like Galctus did. The character is just TOO DAMN BIG for the big screen. I was watching the 84 movie last night, and looking back, it now seems Unicron was just as bit over the top.

If they do Unicron like Armada did, it could work pretty well. Bring in his hearald Sideways and everything.

I'm just worried Bay might out-Bay himself if he did Unicron! :(

I'd be like Armageddon on steriods....and I don't mean that in a good way (for those of you confused enough to like Armageddon) :down

If they do Unicron like Armada did, it could work pretty well. Bring in his hearald Sideways and everything.
Hmmm, sounda likw FF2:Rise of the Silver Surfer.

The whole Unicron stroy is just TOO similar to Galactus. And we all know how well that translated to the big screen.

I say they should focus more on Starscream and Soundwave before they bring Unicron into the picture.

Lawrence Fishburn should do Unicron's voice!

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: I thought Sound Wave and the green guys would be in TF2!

greenknight.

Yet in this interview, it states that they have declined on writing a sequel to TF.

http://trekmovie.com/2007/07/09/trek-writers-talk-sequels/

One of these reports are bs...the question is...which?!?! :ninja:

UNICRON!!!!

I hate to birst both you're bubbles, but both of you are off even though you have two very different answers.

There is no way that Orci and Kurtzman could have finished (or nearly finished) the screenplay when they just finished writing the movie's dialogue a total of six weeks ago. Idea's about a sequel were thrown during production and post but nothing has been made official, there hasn't even been a greenlight yet. Bay, Spielberg and Orci and Kurtzman have only talked about it. They are busy writing 2012: War of Souls right now (they've been done with Star Trek since Christmas and are about to go back into reworking and rewriting that screenplay for preproduction is starting within a few weeks (sets have already been designed) since they start shooting in November.

All in all, they haven't declined, and they haven't signed on or written a word, everything about the sequel right now is just rumors and ideas.

All this information can be found in the Creative Screenwriting Magazine podcast for Transformers that was released yesterday afternoon. It can be found on iTunes or at http://creativescreenwritingmagazine.blogspot.com/

I believe now we have a source and proof.

i doubt unicron will be in it but if they make a third movie he'll prolly be in it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"