Incredible Hulk 2

There should be another love interest besides Betty next time. Or who could play a new Betty?
Who have been Banner's love interests? You figure, the Hulk was involved with Jarella, same thing with the gray woman.

Which is moot, as I've heard no evidence suggesting that Fox owns their rights. And doing some quick research, I can't find any cites for them ever even *appearing* in a Fantastic Four comic.

But they are based on the FF themselves so this may be why their rights will be at Fox. Until Kevin Fiege comes out and says otherwise, we honestly dont know.

No one knew Namor was still at Universal until Fiege recently came out and said so.

They appeared in the crappy TIH game that was based in the MCU. That might mean Marvel is allowed to use them.

^Then yeah, Marvel may have them if they appeared in the game, not sure if game rights are the same though personally.

The Leader seems like the logical choice if/when there's a Hulk 2. I'd also like to see Rulk and Wendigo if the solo franchise continues.

I'm also on board with She-Hulk and Rick Jones making appearances. I sincerely hope Hawkeye stays away.

I actually hope that Hawkeye dies in Age of Ultron. Anything that he can do, Captain America and Black Widow can do better.

I actually hope that Hawkeye dies in Age of Ultron. Anything that he can do, Captain America and Black Widow can do better.

*ponders how Cap or Black Widow would incap the helicarrier while in flight*

I agree that Planet-Hulk and World war Hulk are storylines that would be completely unsuitable for the big screen, but I would rather see them 999999x more than "She-Hulk". I mean seriously? "She-Hulk"? Stupidest. Character. Ever. No way such a ridiculous idea will become part of MCU or a film at all lol.

I agree that Planet-Hulk and World war Hulk are storylines that would be completely unsuitable for the big screen, but I would rather see them 999999x more than "She-Hulk". I mean seriously? "She-Hulk"? Stupidest. Character. Ever. No way such a ridiculous idea will become part of MCU or a film at all lol.
Are you saying She-hulk is too ridiculous for a universe that had two regular humans go toe to toe with hoards of aliens and will pretty soon be home to a talking genetically altered raccoon and tree? Also have you read anything with Jen? She could add a lot of personality and humor to the Hulk franchise.

Are you saying She-hulk is too ridiculous for a universe that had two regular humans go toe to toe with hoards of aliens and will pretty soon be home to a talking genetically altered raccoon and tree? Also have you read anything with Jen? She could add a lot of personality and humor to the Hulk franchise.

YEs, exactly what I'm saying

I liked the first TIH, don't get the hate that it gets

Ah, to me the greatness about Hulk is that it's (or should be) more a tragic monster story than a classic day-saver superhero. Having Banner in control of Hulk to me just vanishes everything tragic (why would he get rid of the monster if he can control it?). Let alone abominations (pun) such as She-Hulk.

I'm alone on this.

That said, I enjoyed TIH a lot except for all those stretchy clothes and cannot-have-sex jokes about Banner. And him gaining control at the very end.

^ See, I felt like TIH was in line with this. I know Leterrier referred to it as a "monster movie" in some interviews, and NortonHulk had a line like "I don't want to control it, I want to get rid of it."

The problem Marvel has, or at least they feel like its a problem, is that they want the Hulk of the MCU to be a hero first. Feige has said this in some interviews.

Like you, I also don't love that Banner has control, and wouldn't mind if Hulk goes rogue and strays from the team. Maybe it can be a plot point in a future Hulk film. Maybe the Leader experiments on him further or something like that, i don't know... (hopefully the people who get a paycheck for being creative can think of something better.)

I think some of the recent comics have taken it too far, where Hulk is a nobler wiser more in control entity than Banner, and more powerful than some cosmic beings... but the idea that they're the same guy makes a dramatic amount of sense, and thus the relationship, the metaphor for dealing with one's rage has to be deeper than 'stay away.' A character who's only real problem is this uncontrollable monster... if they receive any character development, will gain some control. The MCU has handled that balance well, Banner can point the thing, but you never get the idea that this is not a menacing force of nature that can't really be controlled.

In a universe by himself, Hulk as a monster makes sense, and can go on indefinitely, but in an integrated story world, a monster is just a villain. Now, you could write Hulk as a villain the Avengers fight, an anti-villain of sorts, as the person behind him doesn't want to become the monster, much less fight, but then that brings up other issues. If a scientist wants to be cured of being a villain... and he has Mr. Fantastic's number... why is he still a monster?

He's not a character that makes sense to 'stray' because he's too much of a factor, too much of a force of nature. He's either against the team or for them. Maybe even both, but there is no neutral Hulk.

Good points, Doc. I especially agree with the first two paragraphs.

I just don't like the "Hulk switch" that Banner flipped on at the end of The Avengers, but I do agree with (and I'm okay with) the "maybe I can aim it" idea once he transforms.

As far as straying, I think Hulk is too much a force of nature to remain on the team, or at least that's how I like him best. Obviously, they want to go a different way in the MCU, which is fine. I'm not usually a complainer, I'm just stating my preference.

That's cool, a lot of my friends have that preference too... but for them it's mostly because our resident Hulk fanatic likes all the cosmic king Hulk stuff. We also had big arguments about the Hulk switch he flipped. I loved it, others did not. I took it as the idea that he's always holding Hulk in check, and all he has to do is let go, and boom, Hulk time.

I think Hulk not remaining on the team would be a great nod to the comics, and if the fallout in Avengers 2 is as personal as I think it will be, it will make a lot of sense. Not a lot of reasons to stick around when your best friend develops special armor to fight you for instance.

That's cool, a lot of my friends have that preference too... but for them it's mostly because our resident Hulk fanatic likes all the cosmic king Hulk stuff. We also had big arguments about the Hulk switch he flipped. I loved it, others did not. I took it as the idea that he's always holding Hulk in check, and all he has to do is let go, and boom, Hulk time.

Ha, I'm definitely not one of them, I just like dysfunctional people. :oldrazz:
And good point about the Hulk switch. Even if it isn't my favorite thing, it worked well in the movie.

I think Hulk not remaining on the team would be a great nod to the comics, and if the fallout in Avengers 2 is as personal as I think it will be, it will make a lot of sense. Not a lot of reasons to stick around when your best friend develops special armor to fight you for instance.

This brings up a good point. We know that Whedon will bring a lot of tension to the team, which is why Banner/Hulk's presence makes sense from a story-telling stand point.

But since this is a TIH2 thread, where could he end up at the end of A:AoU? It won't be hanging out with Stark for 2 hours. Or will it?

43567825_zItRE33e_D.jpg

I don't know if this was discussed already, but Tom Hiddleston recently hinted that Loki may have some unfinished business with Hulk when asked where Loki might be seen next in the MCU. Probably nothing concrete at all but it is an interesting thought. TIH2 with Loki maybe breaking out the Leader and causing all sorts of trouble for Banner. It would be a good spot to get Hawkeye a supporting role.

hopefully more monster foes to fight, for sure. also there should be a giant robot.

Maybe the Leader makes the super-adaptoid(though they'll probably call it by another name).

Possibly Loki coming back in Planet Hulk, or a PIII Hulk movie and casting Hulk to some other realm. Otherwise, wouldn't put too much stock into it, and really not holding my breath for a Hulk sequel any time soon.

I remember a rumor that they might take some inspiration from the post-Marve Now title where Bruce Banner is working with SHIELD and agrees to let them use Hulk on missions as long as he can do research on things he's interested in to improve civilization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"