Incredible Hulk 2

I'd like to see a new Hulk movie, just keep SHIELD away.

Like with Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World, I don't think that we'll be seeing SHIELD in the sequel if it happens. We could still see the Military go after him, although it may not be General Ross. They could easily go with General Talbot (I know he was killed in the Ang Lee Hulk, but that was pre-MCU). It would also further prove that the MCU does not revolve around SHIELD.

Like with Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World, I don't think that we'll be seeing SHIELD in the sequel if it happens. We could still see the Military go after him, although it may not be General Ross. They could easily go with General Talbot (I know he was killed in the Ang Lee Hulk, but that was pre-MCU). It would also further prove that the MCU does not revolve around SHIELD.

If not Talbot then General Ryker would be a good Ross replacement. But at the same time I'm not sure if seeing military pursuit again is the best option because we've already gotten that in 2 movies.
For some reason I can see them stripping Ross of his title causing him to become vulnerable and outraged. Blaming his failures on banner, he's later persuaded by the Leader to join his ranks and get revenge on hulk, thus becoming Red Hulk.

Not saying that's what I want but just a thought.

If a third Hulk movie happens, Paul Greengrass or Gareth Edwards should direct (already said that here but worth mentioning again :oldrazz:)

If not Talbot then General Ryker would be a good Ross replacement. But at the same time I'm not sure if seeing military pursuit again is the best option because we've already gotten that in 2 movies.
For some reason I can see them stripping Ross of his title causing him to become vulnerable and outraged. Blaming his failures on banner, he's later persuaded by the Leader to join his ranks and get revenge on hulk, thus becoming Red Hulk.

Not saying that's what I want but just a thought.

I like this :up:

If they were to bring back Betty, would you guys want them to keep Liv or replace her? Or should they not even bring the character back at all?

Gareth Edwards is another good name too :up:

there's so much they could do with another hulk movie, I bought the hulk season one book a little while back and it had some details in it that would work great on film. One of which being that they establish that a very small percentace of life could survive the kind of gamma radiation that bruce survived due to the way its dna was set up. Instantly I thought that would be good motivation for the leader to try and create a gamma world. Build a device that would expose large amounts of life on earth to the gamma radiation, causing most of the worlds population to die and the very small percentage with the right dna to mutate or evolve (as leader would put it) so they could rule the earth as gods, a twisted sense of survival of the fittest.

Interesting if TIH2 is 2016. What does that mean for Thor 3/Cap 3? 2017 for both? 2017 for 1 and 2018 the other? Hope TIH2 happens soon! been a long time coming! I really hope the Leader is the main villain.

Gareth Edwards is another good name too :up:

there's so much they could do with another hulk movie, I bought the hulk season one book a little while back and it had some details in it that would work great on film. One of which being that they establish that a very small percentace of life could survive the kind of gamma radiation that bruce survived due to the way its dna was set up. Instantly I thought that would be good motivation for the leader to try and create a gamma world. Build a device that would expose large amounts of life on earth to the gamma radiation, causing most of the worlds population to die and the very small percentage with the right dna to mutate or evolve (as leader would put it) so they could rule the earth as gods, a twisted sense of survival of the fittest.

That would be a good premise for a sequel. It would basically be EMH's "Gamma World" (which was a great 2-part episode!), but retooled to work without the rest of the Avengers. I like it!

Interesting if TIH2 is 2016. What does that mean for Thor 3/Cap 3? 2017 for both? 2017 for 1 and 2018 the other? Hope TIH2 happens soon! been a long time coming! I really hope the Leader is the main villain.

Good question. TIH2 could take the place of either one of them. I'm Thor fan before anything else, so I wouldn't want to lose a third film for him. His world is so rich that there is a lot left to be told in future films. But does Cap need a third film, or would he work best just as an Avenger after CA:TWS? (Of course, a non-Thor fan could say the same about a third Thor film...).

Good question. TIH2 could take the place of either one of them. I'm Thor fan before anything else, so I wouldn't want to lose a third film for him. His world is so rich that there is a lot left to be told in future films. But does Cap need a third film, or would he work best just as an Avenger after CA:TWS? (Of course, a non-Thor fan could say the same about a third Thor film...).

I don't think it means we LOSE Thor 3 or Captain America 3. I think both need their sequel and need to give us a bookmark on Hemms/Evans, much like IM3 was intended to be. Both I think are necessary. I just think, since Marvel has said they want sequels and new franchises each year in phase 3, if TIH2 is 2016 (with Dr. Strange), then I think we get either both Thor 3 and Captain America 3 in 2017, or (more likely) one of them in 2017, the other in 2018 (given patterns, I would say Thor 3 in 2017, Captain America 3 in 2018). That's how I see this shaking out if the rumors are true and TIH2 is 2016.

If they were to bring back Betty, would you guys want them to keep Liv or replace her? Or should they not even bring the character back at all?

I'd vote for recasting. Much preferred Connely in the role

I think phase 3 could end up with TIH 2 and Strange in 2016, Thor 3 and Black Panther in 2017, Cap 3 and Inhumans in 2018.

Incredible hulk 2 and Iron Man 4 could open Phase IV

I think phase 3 could end up with TIH 2 and Strange in 2016, Thor 3 and Black Panther in 2017, Cap 3 and Inhumans in 2018.

I think 2016 and 2017 will look very much like that. I see Cap 3 in 2018 as well, but not sure about Inhumans in 2018. I think it is anyone's guess what 2018 will hold, but given the push for female heroes, I can maybe see Ms. Marvel as a dark horse for 2018.

Incredible hulk 2 and Iron Man 4 could open Phase IV
well Feige is strongly hinting at TIH2 for phase 3, 2016 in particular.

I think 2016 and 2017 will look very much like that. I see Cap 3 in 2018 as well, but not sure about Inhumans in 2018. I think it is anyone's guess what 2018 will hold, but given the push for female heroes, I can maybe see Ms. Marvel as a dark horse for 2018.
I think with all of the steam the inhumans seem to be gaining now I feel like a movie wont be too far off. But who knows. I think when vin diesel mentioned he wanted to work with marvel on a future project down the line, I fell like playing black bolt may have been what he was getting at but maybe due to scheduling he took the groot gig. But maybe my imagination is running wild right now lol.

well Feige is strongly hinting at TIH2 for phase 3, 2016 in particular.

I think with all of the steam the inhumans seem to be gaining now I feel like a movie wont be too far off. But who knows. I think when vin diesel mentioned he wanted to work with marvel on a future project down the line, I fell like playing black bolt may have been what he was getting at but maybe due to scheduling he took the groot gig. But maybe my imagination is running wild right now lol.

I would love for the Inhumans. But, I kind of am hoping for Adam Warlock or something, LOL!!!! Particularly if we're getting Thanos in A3, I'd like to have Adam Warlock.

I don't think it means we LOSE Thor 3 or Captain America 3. I think both need their sequel and need to give us a bookmark on Hemms/Evans, much like IM3 was intended to be. Both I think are necessary. I just think, since Marvel has said they want sequels and new franchises each year in phase 3, if TIH2 is 2016 (with Dr. Strange), then I think we get either both Thor 3 and Captain America 3 in 2017, or (more likely) one of them in 2017, the other in 2018 (given patterns, I would say Thor 3 in 2017, Captain America 3 in 2018). That's how I see this shaking out if the rumors are true and TIH2 is 2016.

I see what you're saying. If this is the case, I like the scenario in bold. Where might this put Avengers 3? 2019? That's doable, and it gives us a lot of room for new properties.

Also, I think that instead of a GOTG2, we might get another cosmic property that spins out of or builds on that world (like Inhumans as others have said, or Nova, or Adam Warlock or something else).

I'm of the (somewhat) minority opinion that TIH was a really well made movie with very good performances all around. I place the blame for its slightly underwhelming box office performance squarely on the shoulders of Ang Lee's Hulk, which I consider an absolute travesty. So yea, if Betty is involved in future Hulk installments, I would absolutely like her to be played by Liv Tyler.

Might as well try to keep liv, helps hold the continuity together. I'm not quite sure how she'll look on screen with Ruffalo though.

Big plan in 2017. http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Secret-Marvel-Superhero-Movie-Plan-To-Culminate-In-2017-20995.html Is this still happening? Could 2017 be Illumanti or Annihilators?

May 6 TIH2
July 8 Thor 3

May 5 GOTG2
Then add for 2017 August 4 (Black Panther) and November 3 (Inhumans).

On 8/23 from that one site there was talk of how many movies would be in P3, looks like 4 were a go. Is that 4+1 (Ant-Man) = 5 P3 movies, so 1 more slot? No more 2017 movies and save TA3 for May 2018.

Last edited:
Yeah of course, Civil War, that makes more sence than Thanos, everything will culminate in a universe killing event with the few heroes they had the time to introduce instead of the major villain threat that by then will have been teased for half a decade.

Yeah of course, Civil War, that makes more sence than Thanos, everything will culminate in a universe killing event with the few heroes they had the time to introduce instead of the major villain threat that by then will have been teased for half a decade.

Gotta agree here. That article is a tad bit ambitious in its guesses of the MCU lol.

What's the story for a TIH 2? Is it just another SHIELD movie? That's the tough part. I would love to see one of those stories where Banner frees himself of the Hulk and that becomes a major problem.

My own preference for TIH 2 would be "Banner and the Hulk are finally finding some peace in the world, and with each other, when the Leader shows up and starts kicking up a ruckus. And to stop the Leader from doing Bad Things, not only must Banner and the Hulk 'cooperate' like never before, but they also have to team up with the world's greatest expert on hunting gamma mutates: General Ross. Uncomfortable allies ahoy!"

Basically, anything to avoid yet another "Hulk on the run from the evil military" plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"