Interesting news from Comic-Con (Concerning Jean and Scott)

I wanted to ask him if he had his on vision on X3 and randomly emailed him... It works... Even if it's his i doubt he'll answer...

ljr said:
I wasn't taking the battle,I mean't the location ones-she was hardly used in those an they had anna on set.:mad:

Understood, and they didnt let us see Shawn kiss all thoose girls... that'd be Anna's way to glory in this film >_>.

plus they cut the scene with looking angry at the memorial-they trimmed what scene's she had-idiots

well I wanted more screen time for Jean and a little more for Scott. -sighs-

and i dun even get why people think Scott is not dead...

Sigh... It even says that Jean said herself in infirmary she killed Cyc... Sigh...

AznBABYBANDIT said:
and i dun even get why people think Scott is not dead...

Go check out the "Where is Scott Summers" thread, the posts there sum up nicely why.

Sigh... It even says that Jean said herself in infirmary she killed Cyc... Sigh...

She did not say anything specific about her killing Scott. Nothing clear like "oh my god, I killed scott!" The closest line we get is "kill me before I kill someone else", at which point she was already hysterical after Logan asked her what happened to Scott. Even her flashbacks are vague. They're both together, and then *CUT*

they might as well turn X-men into a live-action TV series...after this movie and after wolverine...no one wants to see another X-men movie for a while. It wasn't Batman and Robin...and they won't wait 25 years to make another one...so it won't get a re-make nor will they try to re-start it anytime soon....the only way to mend the wounds is to do what most do...and try to turn it into a TV show.

ntcrawler said:
Go check out the "Where is Scott Summers" thread, the posts there sum up nicely why.

She did not say anything specific about her killing Scott. Nothing clear like "oh my god, I killed scott!" The closest line we get is "kill me before I kill someone else", at which point she was already hysterical after Logan asked her what happened to Scott. Even her flashbacks are vague. They're both together, and then *CUT*

Dun Battle me out... It's in the Junior Novel.

Pg 64

"Jean... Do you know where Scott is?: Wolverine Question

"What do you mean?"she replied. The questioned trobled he. She became confused. "Where am I?"

" What Happened to Scott?" Wolverine Demanded

Suddenly, horrifyingimages came crashing back to her. She started to tremble. "Oh, no!" She Shreiked " I couldn't have..."

"Tell me" Wolverine said.

"I killed him" she whispered. "I didn't mean to. But my power... was too much for him."

AznBABYBANDIT said:
Dun Battle me out... It's in the Junior Novel.

Interesting. But I was talking about the film. Not the novel, not the junior novel. When it comes to order of story canon, film gets top priority, followed by the novel, as long as the novel doesn't contradict what you see in the film. Judging from the film seems it was intentional for not only Scott's fato to be vague during the Alkali Lake scene, but to be vague as well from Jean's recollection. And that this was done on purpose.

Cyma said:
Last time I checked it was an 'X-men' movie not Storm and Wolverine. God! Wolverine is already getting his own spin-off, plus he had a hell lot of time in X1 and X2! :mad: Grr....just because of those two, other characters had to be killed or cured.

no not because of those two ...jeez, it was because fox wanted more of them. it wasnt the other way around, well maybe with halle, but i cant see hugh going i need more time on screen or i want be back

WorthyStevens4 said:
Those lying bastards. "Oh no, it wasn't us who wanted to kill off Cyclops, it was all Fox who wanted him gone." Bull****.

:o So far the entire world and his grandma are to blame. I bet Fox also insisted on adding those plot holes and cheesy dialogue.

All this confirmed is that Zakk, Simon, and Brett are confirmed absolute liars in my eyes. This is the same crap we've heard from the beginning, and Zakk and Simon are once again contradicting themselves at conferences.

So which was it guys? Fox didn't want Scott in the film or you did it to build up the emotional impact? I thought you were supposed to be, "the big comic book fans," I thought you were supposed to be, "Huge Cyclops fans," so which is it? Why beating around the bush so much? I'll tell you and everyone why they're beating around the bush.

They(the writers) don't give a **** about the fans. They never gave a **** about the material and they sure as hell don't care now, especially since a paycheck has been received.

All this has confirmed is that they're nothing more than liars.

Some fans are willing to accept this as the best of the trilogy. And you know what? That's fine. You can feel this is the best of the trilogy and love it very much, but dammit that's not how I feel; and a lot of other fans do not feel the same way in terms of the actual quality involving this film.

Fox, Ratner, Kinberg, and Penn you all can go to Hell.

Want an example of bad writing?

Logan- ::Finds Scotts glasses floating in the air::

Storm- LOGAN!!!!!!!

Storm- I think she's alive

Logan- Jean?

No, "Hey Storm. I found Scotts glasses, maybe you should try looking for him?"

or

"By the way professor, I found Scotts glasses at the Lake. We couldn't find where he may've been, anyway you can use Cerebro to track him down?"

Or not even acknowledging that Xavier/Cain are step-brothers. It didn't have to be anything big, all it had to be was a simple nod reference to the comics/animated series.

A simple

Xavier- ::approaches Cain:: Cain....

Juggernaut- ::smirks:: Little bro

or

Juggernaut- ::smirks while balding up his fists:: It's been a long time Charlie boy.

Hell, Scott wasn't even remembered until Logan and Phoenix were about to get it on in the Mansion. Hell, even when Logan mentioned Scott, Xavier and Storm showed little to no emotion about the well being of the leader of the X-Men.

Penn and Kinberg, you're nothing more than disgusting liars and yes-men. You may want the hardcore fans to shut up, enjoy the movie, and accept the bull**** that you've spewed out for months on end, well guess what? I'm not about to accept it and neither are a lot of fans.

Come October 3rd, I will not be purchasing the DVD and I will continue voicing my displeasure and disgust until a change is made to the point of releasing a quality X-Men film. So in closing, I say to hell with you Ratner, to hell with you Fox, and to hell with those yes men you call "writers".

LastSunrise1981 said:
All this confirmed is that Zakk, Simon, and Brett are confirmed absolute liars in my eyes. This is the same crap we've heard from the beginning, and Zakk and Simon are once again contradicting themselves at conferences.

So which was it guys? Fox didn't want Scott in the film or you did it to build up the emotional impact? I thought you were supposed to be, "the big comic book fans," I thought you were supposed to be, "Huge Cyclops fans," so which is it? Why beating around the bush so much? I'll tell you and everyone why they're beating around the bush.

They(the writers) don't give a **** about the fans. They never gave a **** about the material and they sure as hell don't care now, especially since a paycheck has been received.

All this has confirmed is that they're nothing more than liars.

Some fans are willing to accept this as the best of the trilogy. And you know what? That's fine. You can feel this is the best of the trilogy and love it very much, but dammit that's not how I feel; and a lot of other fans do not feel the same way in terms of the actual quality involving this film.

Fox, Ratner, Kinberg, and Penn you all can go to Hell.

Storm- LOGAN!!!!!!!

Logan- Jean?

or

"By the way professor, I found Scotts glasses at the Lake. We couldn't find where he may've been, anyway you can use Cerebro to track him down?"

Or not even acknowledging that Xavier/Cain are step-brothers. It didn't have to be anything big, all it had to be was a simple nod reference to the comics/animated series.

A simple

Xavier- ::approaches Cain:: Cain....

Juggernaut- ::smirks:: Little bro

or

Juggernaut- ::smirks while balding up his fists:: It's been a long time Charlie boy.

Hell, Scott wasn't even remembered until Logan and Phoenix were about to get it on in the Mansion. Hell, even when Logan mentioned Scott, Xavier and Storm showed little to no emotion about the well being of the leader of the X-Men.

Penn and Kinberg, you're nothing more than disgusting liars and yes-men. You may want the hardcore fans to shut up, enjoy the movie, and accept the bull**** that you've spewed out for months on end, well guess what? I'm not about to accept it and neither are a lot of fans.

Come October 3rd, I will not be purchasing the DVD and I will continue voicing my displeasure and disgust until a change is made to the point of releasing a quality X-Men film. So in closing, I say to hell with you Ratner, to hell with you Fox, and to hell with those yes men you call "writers".

clap.gif

Kinberg>
bash.gif
<Me

LastSunrise1981 said:
Come October 3rd, I will not be purchasing the DVD and I will continue voicing my displeasure and disgust until a change is made to the point of releasing a quality X-Men film.

:up::up: :up:

LastSunrise1981 said:

Storm- LOGAN!!!!!!!

Logan- Jean?

Logan must have ADD even worse than Ratner

Well duh, remember Logan's supposed to be madly in love with Jean. They just flew across the country and impossibly found Jean, alive. The last person he would want to find at this point is Scott!!! It would only ruin his mood :p

The novelisation claims they did a thorough ground and aerial survey for Scott, but they did not find anything because he was obviously disintegrated. Somehow I don't believe them :o

Of course this is going to boil down to Halle fighting for a bigger role. Wah wah wah...

I mean of all the problems to b**** about why not, 'why the heck was Jean made a bloody doctor in the first place'? Last time I read a comic book Jean had never gone to graduate school and spent the four years for her residency.

And if she was so great powerful and wonderful, why couldn't they squeeze a card board cut out of a fire bird somewhere.

I wonder why...oh yeah, its Halle's fault.:whatever: :rolleyes:

The Ones said:
Okay and here's the last piece of news- he said that it was no accident that Jean Grey had no dialogue in the last 45 minutes of the movie. That was totally due to the studio demands. Kinberg and Zak Penn, the other writer, absolutely wanted to incorporate more Jean/Phoenix stuff. but the studio said no we can't have too much Jean because this is Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry's movie.
:eek: WTF?! What HALLE movie?! Don' they mean Hugh?! OMG! They need to stop with that F*****G escuse! Storm was nothing but a background character. Period.

That is very very true. Storm was not esstential to the movie at all. She didn't effect either one of the plots. She was not intregal to the cure storyline and she had NOTHING to do with Dark Phoenix. Hell, they had no scenes together.

This was a Hugh Jackman movie, end of story.

Kinberg, Penn, Donner, and Rothman flat out lied over and over about Cyclops, who has been screwed over since the Singer adaptations. James just didn't have the Hollywood clout to fight for Cyke or else I think X3 would have been dramatically different.

Famke, who has been quoted as having the comics and enjoyed them, did not insist on the Fire bird, so, why not?

Goddessreicho said:
That is very very true. Storm was not esstential to the movie at all. She didn't effect either one of the plots. She was not intregal to the cure storyline and she had NOTHING to do with Dark Phoenix. Hell, they had no scenes together.

Kinberg, Penn, Donner, and Rothman flat out lied over and over about Cyclops, who has been screwed over since the Singer adaptations. James just didn't have the Hollywood clout to fight for Cyke or else I think X3 would have been dramatically different.

Famke, who has been quoted as having the comics and enjoyed them, did not insist on the Fire bird, so, why not?

Cyclops had a significant role in X1, X2 it helped further the story and X3 was going to be his story as Singer promised Marsden to have the movie center around him.

And we all know how that turned out. :(

Cyke had a glorified cameo in X2. I mean common. At least in God Loves Man Kills, we see him kidnapped and fighting the brain washing. What did we get in X2, 48 mins of no Cyke at all. Nothing. Just Wolverine attempting to dry hump Jean, Bobby's house, and Stryker angst.

I would have much enjoyed seeing Cyke proving his worth and fighting the brain washing and torture than Bobby's comfortable yuppie neighboorhood.

Goddessreicho said:
[/quote
Storm was mostly a convenient tool whenever they needed lightning or fog or smokescreen. She really had no conflicts or tensions of her own. Hell there wasn't even a scene of her tending her gardens!

Hence why even in the DVD previews it's listed as "X-Men: The Last Stand starring Hugh Jackman" and no one else is mentioned.

Which is ironic since his star has really risen, the guy's become very popular and likeable and people really love him now.

Famke, who has been quoted as having the comics and enjoyed them, did
not insist on the Fire bird, so, why not?

Because Famke's not considered to be *****y and egotistical but a professional artist who can make the most out of a situation and use her acting ability instead of relying on special effects. Presented as the way things were to her she did the best to play her character under the circumstances, regardless of whether or not it was accurate in the comics or appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"