Iron Fist Iron Fist General Discussion Thread - Part 4

The awkward moment when I start watching a comicbook tv show for the story alone and skip the action scenes. The actor playing Danny Rand just doesn't work for me and my god, the fight scenes are an abomination. Feels like watching a homemade fight video. Danny looks like any white bloke from down the street and doesn't own the character.

I'm on episode 6 and it's dragging hard.

The only positives are the Meachum siblings.

dayuummm

Good news for you as the series progresses.

We mostly agree though that something is...off with Finn, though, right? Thats its hard to get a solid read on how he plays Danny?

Anybody else here interested in what Scott Buck is doing with Inhimans?

We mostly agree though that something is...off with Finn, though, right? Thats its hard to get a solid read on how he plays Danny?

I think they specifically wrote him to react to scenarios at the moment rather than having a consistent portrayal that can organically bounce off those moments. Or he's supposed to be bipolar :oldrazz:

about to start episode 10

at this point I'm more interested in Ward's story progression than just about everything else in the show

Show is definetly not as bad as people said it was. Finn is pretty bland though but so was the guy who played Luke Cage. Couldn't care less about the nationality of Rand. I never delved into the character in the comics.

I was expecting this show to be garbage from what I was hearing but it's actually alright. Things get really good from episode 4.

Which is sad (however not unexpected, knowing the background of the lead), the weakest part are the martial arts elements. DD stands much above all other series, both in casting and story, but IF is quite good - I have no idea where this bad ratings come from. I never started to like neither JJ or LC (I found the letter incredibly boring) and I watched both series in parts - no binge watching. IF has many cliches but I really like the "villains" (so far the Meachums family) - they are nuanced almost as Fisk. Faramir tops of course :-). In general I am at episode 4 and I rate it higher than JJ or LC but lower than DD.

Gotta say, episode 6 was pretty dang good. Watching 7 as I type this. The story is now moving at a solid momentum and the characters are becoming more compelling and interesting. Ward, in particular, is becoming a much much better character.

But, at the risk of sounding superficial, I really need this show to wow me with the action. The fight scenes are getting better but I've yet to have that DAAAMNNN moment like in DD. Hopefully its coming.

Gotta say, episode 6 was pretty dang good. Watching 7 as I type this. The story is now moving at a solid momentum and the characters are becoming more compelling and interesting. Ward, in particular, is becoming a much much better character.

But, at the risk of sounding superficial, I really need this show to wow me with the action. The fight scenes are getting better but I've yet to have that DAAAMNNN moment like in DD. Hopefully its coming.

agreed. This guy is supposed to be a martial arts master and doesn't come off as such.

On episode 7, but I like this so far

My mother likes this and she doesn't like comic book stuff . I don't even know what made her try it, but she is raving about it.

Decent enough overall. Not as strong as the other entries, but I don't get the 'flop' and 'dud' barbs. The criticisms are targeted in the right area though, The series opens slowly and picks up in the middle, but the final conflict struck me as the most anticlimactic of the Netflix group.

Also, I really cared anything about the Meachum-related storylines. More Colleen though.

Onward to episode 10!!!!!

The sound design is so bad for a show about a martial artist.

On episode 8. Will pick it up again eventually but that's enough for now, lol. Terrible fight choreography. Uninteresting "villains". The actress playing Colleen seems like she could be good but the material she's given isn't helping. This show isn't the worst thing in the world but it's the very definition of mediocre.

On episode 8. Will pick it up again eventually but that's enough for now, lol. Terrible fight choreography. Uninteresting "villains". The actress playing Colleen seems like she could be good but the material she's given isn't helping. This show isn't the worst thing in the world but it's the very definition of mediocre.

lol It's like that sometimes.

on episode 9 now, about 25 minutes in

Ward is the best lol, the guy has seen some ****

starting episode 10 now, that show's clearly my new favourite just behind JJ

I'm in the group that bashes his terrible acting...but in his defense, I doubt he even knew who his character was. I imagine him asking the showrunner for guidance and him going "uh...we haven't figured it out yet."

I think Finn is an alright Danny for what he has been given. Hopefully they bring in a new showrunner should this get a 2nd season, or even a Heroes for Hire show.

Its not a bad show, but it could and should be so much better in my eyes. Oh, and at least give him the mask. Anything else he wears can be yellow and green and that would be acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"