Iron Fist Iron Fist General Discussion Thread - Part 4

I hope Ward returns. I thought he was one of the better parts of the season. At the very least, he had a more believable character arc than Danny.

They had Ward and Joy in there towards the end of the trailer.

Dkuit0HVAAAlye1.jpg

I never outright hated S1 like I did Inhumans but I was, on the whole, very disappointed with how lackluster it was overall. Iron Fist is a character with a lot of potential and they watered it down to people arguing in board rooms with the occasional obligatory fight thrown in. The story was plodding and the action was inexcusable for a show centered around a supposed master of kung-fu.

That said, I'm rewatching S1 now (first time I've returned to it ever) and so far it's considerably better than I remembered. The story is still moving too slow and the action is pretty subpar but I'm enjoying it a fair amount more than I did the first time around. So that's promising for this next season, I guess?

I pretty much agree. I didn't really mind the board room scenes it's just there wasn't anything to really balance it out.

They had Ward and Joy in there towards the end of the trailer.

Dkuit0HVAAAlye1.jpg
I'm glad, Ward was a surprise bright spot in season 1. I also remember the ending where Joy and Davos and plotting revenge with Madame Gao made no sense whatsoever, but it looks like they'll manage to successfully follow up on it.

If we get an Indian female villain, she can be Madame Goa. :o

I stand corrected :up:

I have read comics with Iron Fist in them a plenty. Not so much his own book, so I didn't know that was his power until you referred me to wikipedia, LOL! Now I am okay with it.

Marvel Team Up #63 specifically, which is more or less the first full introduction to the character after he had been behind the scenes for awhile.

They changed some things from the original comics, like the role Danny's father plays, maybe there is a deeper story behind Davos that the TV Danny doesn't know, maybe Davos was not searching for him to take him back, maybe Davos was exiled from K'un-Lun or after now in S2 stealing the Fist, he will try to return to K'un-Lun and wants to be the Iron Fist and defend the sacret city, but the elders don't want the un-chosen one, so they exile Davos. We have to wait...:ftc:

Honestly, I kept forgetting that Davos's story was with Wendell Rand as opposed to Danny. It doesn't help that, in the comics, there's somebody else that Danny's friends with who he beats for the right to challenge Shao Lao (plus, neither Davos nor Wendell get the Iron Fist despite Wendell beating Davos). I think the decision to streamline and combine the stories and make Davos Danny's friend was a very smart decision.

That banner looks bad-a$$!

Ward does return, he is seen in the trailer with a seemingly bleeding Joy.

I think the decision to streamline and combine the stories and make Davos Danny's friend was a very smart decision.
I agree, the original story is way more elaborate, for a TV Show it might be to stretched out. In a comic you would read right through all that, but a show's pacing is different from an individual reading pace, so I agree with you completely.:woot:

Not gonna lie....Im kinda digging the green hoodie/yellow mask look.

It has that feeling from when DareDevil wore his black suit, like this is his phase one of the suit and there will be a second version lateron, it's got that look.

You know what would've been a nice touch? If the green hoodie he wears was the same "Sweet Christmas" one he bought in Luke Cage.

This looks miles ahead of S1's quality.

The mask seems to be getting more play too. That dead Iron Fist (whoever it was, I hope it's not Orson) was still wearing it.

The mask seems to be getting more play too. That dead Iron Fist (whoever it was, I hope it's not Orson) was still wearing it.

That was Scott Buck. He had a heart attack at the thought of them giving Iron Fist a costume in Season 2, so they stuck the mask on his dead body just because. :o

Same here, really gives him a visual identity he was lacking. Even though they don't have costumes Luke Cages yellow lined hoodie and Jessica's scarf with a leather jacket gives them an icon looked. Danny lacked that in season 1.

Yeah, I'm guessing they're seeding the mask so they can organically introduce his new costume, but given what we've seen and heard, if he does get a costume it'll be the last 15 minutes like DD season 1. Maybe Danny and Davos have a final confrontation that mirrors the ceremony and they both put on the masks.

I think the dead Iron Fist is the one who sealed the dragon's body from Defenders. I also hope it's not Orson, I'd like him to show up in like season 3 and be a Yoda type of figure to teach him all the different things the Iron Fist can do, give the character an upgrade so the show can take the show to the next level.

Same here, really gives him a visual identity he was lacking. Even though they don't have costumes Luke Cages yellow lined hoodie and Jessica's scarf with a leather jacket gives them an icon looked. Danny lacked that in season 1.

Yeah, I'm guessing they're seeding the mask so they can organically introduce his new costume, but given what we've seen and heard, if he does get a costume it'll be the last 15 minutes like DD season 1. Maybe Danny and Davos have a final confrontation that mirrors the ceremony and they both put on the masks.

I think the dead Iron Fist is the one who sealed the dragon's body from Defenders. I also hope it's not Orson, I'd like him to show up in like season 3 and be a Yoda type of figure to teach him all the different things the Iron Fist can do, give the character an upgrade so the show can take the show to the next level.
The open green shirt was "iconic", even if he doesn't have the muscle definition for it.

Didn't they already tease the tracksuit?

Ugh no thanks. That tracksuit did not look good. I much prefer this green hoodie/yellow mask look. Like the others have said, it gives him visual identity and teases his final look.

Oh cool. The whole trailer focused on Danny, Davos, Colleen, and Misty that I just missed them. Good that Ward is in this season.

I'm really going to be interested if they do some sort of redemption arc for Joy. Because when you think about it, she can be shadier than Ward. Ward at least has an excuse for his dickery (Harold coercing and molding him), but Joy doesn't have an excuse for doing Harold-esque things like the organ donor arrangement with the pier owner, or hiring Jessica Jones to build a blackmail file on the board members. Even if she was in the dark about who the Hand really were, Joy had to know that shady people did shady things with Rand.

This actually looks a lot better than the first season :up:

Hopefully we get early reviews this week.

They released an image of Typhoid Mary. I’m not sure if she has paint or if it’s just lighting... hopefully the former.

tumblr_pe4zv02C4K1uc91dzo2_540.jpg

There's barely a difference anyway. It's not like...white white. You can only really see it on her chin.

White face paint would represent something close to a costume, and you know we cant have that in a Marvel Netflix show, now can we?

I feel like TheVileOne is super quiet lately. Wonder if they got the screener yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"