Iron Fist Iron Fist General Discussion Thread - Part 4

I really can't wait, 1 1/2 week to go!

Same here, and it's a perfect date for its release. I normally catch a movie on Fri, before Krav class, but nothing is coming out on the 7th. So I can get through a good chunk of IF that day.

Last edited:
Better fighting in that 2 minute featurette than in the whole of season 1 - gives me hope!!!!

It also has better fighting choreography than all the DC/CW shows combined.

More dopeness but I really want those early screener reviews.

[YT]EOI8unBh2UY[/YT]

[YT]AyTuFZ83sP4[/YT]
Just the fact that these videos exists shows they take the first season's criticisms to heart. Even if season 2 falls flat I appreciate the effort they're putting to it.
Same here, and it's a perfect date for its release. I normally catch a movie on Fri, before Krav class, but nothing is coming out on the 7th. So I can get through a good chunk of IF that day.

I would agree if not for Spider-man on PS4 releasing the same day. I plan on catching an episode or two before picking up the game, then spending the rest of my life playing it.

I'm thinking the woman with the red streak in her hair could be Maria Vasquez?

gtBZyIZ.png

Finally watched S1 of IF again in preparation for S2. It's the only Marvel Netflix show I only watched once because I didn't care for it initially, but I must say it's a more pleasant experience than I remember. I think a lot of that has to do with how far he's come in the Defenders (which is the most criminally underrated superhero TV show ever) and his brief but excellent appearance in Luke Cage. I still have issues with the first season, namely the subpar acting and writing in spots, but I'm excited to see what this show could turn into. It's got potential for a great second season, so let's just hope it isn't wasted this time around yet again.

Finally watched S1 of IF again in preparation for S2. It's the only Marvel Netflix show I only watched once because I didn't care for it initially, but I must say it's a more pleasant experience than I remember.
I had a similar experience when watching S1 for a second time after watching the Defenders. And indeed the second time around, I noticed other things, not all bad, but what it was lacking was risk, it felt like they didn't want to do too much with that season other than establishing characters and starting the story for the Defenders, then Danny's story for becoming a full Iron Fist felt too stretched out and rather incomplete, making him seem like a very negative person. When if they would be more into his story alone, it would show that it is bad chi causing his negative mood swings, which were a bit much for my liking, I hope they do that less obvious in S2.

I wonder if @TheVileOne got their screeners yet. More Typhoid teasing and it's making me hope this season is much better than the first... Or even just slightly better...
Dl8k0XvU8AACuV2.jpg

I thought it was on today then realised there's still a week to go.

Season 1 being complete trash seems to be a blessing in disguise. It's really motivated the new creative team to make sure this season blows everyone away.

Glad they were able to absorb the constructive criticism and not dismiss it as angry fandom.

Happy to hear! Is Typhoid Mary good in it?

That’s good. Hoping she gets better by the final episodes!

There was another one that gave it a glowing review.

I still thought the first season was enjoyable, so if season 2 is an improvement and the martial arts is better then that should be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"