Iron Fist Iron Fist General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Discussion in 'Past Marvel Series' started by Thread Manager, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Ozbridge Registered

I read your post (about Grace wanted Iron Fist to be Asian and she was really excited after season 2 finale) and then watched that conversation between Colleen and Danny in episode 8 (or 9?) and I was like
    "Ok, I know where they are going with this", which made the next episode wasn't really a surprise.

2. Geowolf Registered

Has nothing to do with Asian or Caucasian, Colleen needs her Chi abilities, like she got from Iron Fist in the comics (other kind of story, outcome is similar), so other stories open up for the writers, like a Spin-off series with Misty, plus Danny probably will meet O. Randall and gets a proper Iron Fist training and can take the mantle of Iron Fist again when he returns to NY
    My 2 cents

ludovica likes this.
  3. KaijuDude1992 Registered

So having finally finished the show I'd definitely say that's the problem. The villains here just aren't that strong character wise even though I enjoyed the performances from Alice Eve and Sacha Dhawan. This show really needs a Kingpin or Kilgrave type of villain IMO to make things more interesting.

ludovica likes this.
  4. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Netflix doesn't really advertise too much until close to the date it is coming out. I saw some stuff for IF season 2. They must be doing something for Netflix, since they keep renewing the shows. If they barely did anything, they'd start letting them die.

5. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I do hope Iron Fist gets a 3rd season, though. It's not the best Netflix show, but they left the series very open to continue and I don't like shows that don't get a proper send off. So, I hope season 3 happens. I feel like the intention should be there
    since they teased a whole bunch of lingering plot threads.
    I think we can bank on Luke Cage being confirmed for a 3rd season soon. Maybe even at NYCC.

6. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

Just finished the 10 episodes and freaking loved every single one.
    I'm going to pretend season 1 and Defenders doesn't exist and this is the 1st time we see these characters.
    Can't wait for season 3.

ludovica likes this.
  7. Slick Yup

Yeah I loved this season as well and hoping for season 3.

8. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

9. TheVileOne Registered

Not shedding any tears for the show. Season 2 was greatly improved, but the damage was already done by Scott Buck, who is officially a show killer.

Dark Raven, BarryAllen and Kuwolski like this.
  10. BarryAllen ey b0ss

I'm not a fan of how Luke or Danny (and Misty and Colleen by extension) have been portrayed on any of these shows, so my response is muted. I really, really hope this doesn't kill Iron Fist (or Luke Cage) as brands in the future and affect casual people's perceptions of the character, of which both shows were very different than their comic counterparts.

I really hope Danny as a character doesn't go the way of the Inhumans in terms of tossed into the asheaps. Whether it be a cartoon series or Fiege doing a complete reboot, Iron Fist has a ton of potential that would rival the likes of Thor and Black Panther in terms of mythology and costume and setpieces.

I will say, I had a feeling this was going to be a trainwreck from the beginning. I don't think Jeph Loeb really cares about or understands these characters outside of Daredevil (which he's worked on) and Jessica Jones (which already was a cynical take on hero stuff), and there was no way the TV budget would've ever done justice to core elements of the Iron Fist mythos, like Kun-Lun, Yu-Ti, Steel Serpent or Shou-Lou.

I really wish Fiege had done a movie before the tv side could ever get their hands on Luke and Danny. Anyone who's read classic Power Man and Iron Fist comics or even the Immortal Iron Fist know that Danny and Luke fit the MCU movies tonally way more than these gritty, dour Netflix shows. And now these potential talks of Moon Knight possibly getting a movie makes this all even worse. We might be living in a world where a dark character like Moon Knight ends up in the movies and lighter characters like Luke and Danny might be stuck in this adult realm. That's the definition of insanity.

Dark Raven and Kuwolski like this.
  11. ludovica Daddy Feige notice me!

Really bummed, I thought the new showrunner was really steering this in the best direction possible, all things considered.

12. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Nothing can recover from Buck.

Dark Raven likes this.
  13. ludovica Daddy Feige notice me!

Once Buck'd, you're done for good.

#888 ludovica, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Lencho01 and Dark Raven like this.
  14. BarryAllen ey b0ss

I think another reason this show fell apart is none of Danny's core supporting cast was there. Jeryn Hogarth, who is supposed to be the voice of reason/father figure to Danny, is now some shady, vindictive lesbian lawyer used in Jessica Jones' series. Misty was nowhere to be seen in Season 1 and was instead had relations with Luke Cage. Misty is what makes the Danny + DoD relationship work in the classic comics. Colleen relates to Danny's martial arts and Misty is there to help ground things and be a love interest. Missing Misty and Jeryn, and then butchering the villains and the Kun-Lun backstory also ruined things.

Look at what happens when Daredevil is able to keep his core supporting cast but not Iron Fist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lencho01 and Dark Raven like this.
  15. Nathan Registered

Can't say I'm surprised. I haven't really watched the 2nd season of Iron Fist myself. I skipped right to the last Episode and everything looked so boring, that I didn't bother to watch the entire season.

Brutikus likes this.
  16. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

So you missed quite a bit then.

17. Brutikus Pax per Tyrannidem

18. The Infernal Mky Mk

That's a shame. Especially how season 2 seemed to dig a bigger hole for the mythos. Leaving Colleen as the Iron Fist and Danny never having truly been the Iron Fist is just terrible writing to begin with. Now it's potentially a major hurdle to them having a cameo in another show.

zenith16 and Dark Raven like this.
  19. zenith16 Registered

wow this show just wasn't working with finn jones, Everyone wanted a Collen wing show instead. & the second season help pushed that she's a cool character though. and the actress was killing it.

I love victor lucas review of the two season's ( he redid the firstagin to get ready for second) he recently

[​IMG]

Iron Fist Season 1 and 2 Review! - Electric Playground
    704 views 3 days ago Published on 9 Oct 2018
    Does Netflix and Marvel's troubled superhero show Iron Fist get any better in Season Two? Victor Lucas has braved his way through both seasons to bring us a full review!

[​IMG]

Marvelous Realm‏ @MarvelousRealm 5h5 hours ago
    “With every end is a new beginning.” Finn Jones has responded to the news that Iron Fist has been cancelled. (Finn Jones IG: https://goo.gl/vW7Jbb )

[​IMG]

Source: EPN.tv &Marvelous Realm‏ @MarvelousRealm

#894 zenith16, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    The Infernal likes this.
  20. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. zenith16 Registered

lol your meme's are legend Dark Raven. I'll miss them after I leave.

agreed.

The Infernal and Dark Raven like this.
  22. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Where are you going?

23. zenith16 Registered

I'll tell ya in pm later. but this is my last month. it's also my Bday month next week the 16th my bday . but after this month I'm gone.

24. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Oh well sorry to see you go. :(

25. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

I'm honestly suprised by this. I haven't seen season 2 yet but honestly season 1 kinda found it's footing after a rough start and it was pretty okay by the end if you ask me. I hope this leads into a team-up show with Luke Cage instead.

ludovica likes this.