Iron Man cameo in Hulk...uhhh DAMN!

Dr. Strange is mentioned in Spidey 2 if I'm not mistaken.

True, but that wasn't quite the same as the Bugle staff were just throwing out names to call Dr Octopus, rather than referring directly to the real Dr. Strange. The Franklin link in X2, though subtle, could be seen as a direct reference to the actual character from FF.

Yeah.

But never mind that old news! WE HAVE A BOBA FETT ICON! :boba:

*Mind is blown*

awesome is an understatement. This is a school girl's wet dream!

Fury in separate scenes talking about Iron Man and a Hulk appearance is a natural fit and a GREAT idea. Linking them for what will eventually be an Avengers movie is as smart as it gets. General movie fans will appreciate the guidance and the intrigue and Marvel fans will simply go crazy. I LOVE THE THOUGHT OF IT!
I love the idea too.

I don't know if there are any Smallville fans around here, but those episodes with The Flash, Aquaman, and Green Arrow were VERY cool.

Having Nick Fury as the link to tie both film universes together would indeed be a neat idea.

I hope it works well in the actual film. On paper it seems cool, but they've been trying to do things like this for years now in different movies. I don't see the need for it, especially if it winds up taking them years to release an Avengers movie. But it does sound cool...

They haven't ever really attempted any kind of crossover afaik, just a couple of references in the films that were no more than nods to the fans, and for the most part so subtle you could easily have missed them (I never saw Franklin's name the first time round with X2 for instance)
The difference now is that Marvel hold the film rights to both Hulk & Iron-Man, so if they wanted to do a full blown crossover with them they can (I think they have Captain America, Thor and Ant-Man too so an early days Avengers line up isn't out of the question down the line) .

The characters still held by other studios (Spider-Man, X-Men, FF, etc) are out of the picture though (pardon the pun).

This is a great idea. Marvel is really doing it's properties the right way! Great actors and connecting them together with small nods. To bad the WB couldn't learn from them. Just getting some crap out the toilet and labeling it a JLA movie ain't the way to go. :o

Fury in separate scenes talking about Iron Man and a Hulk appearance is a natural fit and a GREAT idea. Linking them for what will eventually be an Avengers movie is as smart as it gets. General movie fans will appreciate the guidance and the intrigue and Marvel fans will simply go crazy. I LOVE THE THOUGHT OF IT!

I started a thead on this a few months back. SLJ was in Tornoto for the film festival right when they were filming TIH. Would be cool.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=282778

I say, cut the crap and handle the movie properly.
I don´t care if Tony Stark is in the movie or not, i don´t care for eye candy for the fanboys, i care about the movie be good or not.
If it´s handled properly, i say, cool, but so far, it makes me think about the same as to have Nick Fury in the movie, eye candy for moronic fanboys (if you get offended, is because you are one and you know it, so, think before acting stupid and reply).

Any movie that spends time to advertise that there will be a crossover, my first reaction is that will be a fanboy´s movie, which is not something to be excited about.
A movie made for fanboys is something with a lot of eye candy and winks to the fans, but a lousy movie.
That is my biggest fear with Iron Man, Favreu is a fan (hence the eye candy and winks, which there will be), but he still have to show he is great as a director (hence the lousy movie).
I hope this one doesn´t fall there too, but my hopes are not all that so far... :(

What are you babbling about, Isildur? Everything about this film has looked positive so far.

There's no advertising of a cross-over anywhere. The only ones focusing on the possible cross-over cameos are the comic fans themselves. It's not like the whole movie is riding on this cameo, or that Favreu has said, "HEY! If for no other reason, come see Iron Man because there will be a Hulk cameo!"

This movie has been advertised as nothing but a quality piece of work that just so happens to keep the core character of Tony Stark/Iron Man intact in the transition from comic to film.

*GASP* What was Favreu thinking!? Why on Earth would he want to appease the fans of the comic? It's not like the character is popular because of them or anything.

But oh wait... Iron Man wouldn't even get a movie if it weren't for his fan base and general popularity in the comic community. So OF COURSE there will be SOME winks and nods to the fans. I mean, what do you expect? A comic movie that is nothing like the comic, thereby negating any reason to make a movie based off a comic in the first place?

But hey. The cameo? Not a major focus of the film. It's just being put in for fun, and it looks like both movie crews tried to keep it secret so it wouldn't be a focus for a while. And winks and nods to the fans? Also not a focus of the film. Quality is the focus. The other stuff is like extra sweet icing on the cake as a bonus to the fans who helped make this movie possible.

And the exact same reasoning applies to Hulk. No is saying, "Come see Hulk for the Iron man cameo" or "This is a movie just for the fanboys, and we're not even using a script because who cares about the quality!"

Marvel is pumping a lot of effort into getting these characters right now that Marvel itself is making the films, rather than letting other studios do so. Right now, all signs are pointing to these films being good.

If evidence to the contrary comes forth, I'll be the first to show my anxiety.

WOW ^ someone with a positive and thoughtful post. Good job. :up:

I think crossing over the films is a great idea and a good way to open up the possibilities of doing an Avengers movie. I wonder if Marvel will tie-in Thor.

What are you babbling about, Isildur? Everything about this film has looked positive so far.

There's no advertising of a cross-over anywhere. The only ones focusing on the possible cross-over cameos are the comic fans themselves. It's not like the whole movie is riding on this cameo, or that Favreu has said, "HEY! If for no other reason, come see Iron Man because there will be a Hulk cameo!"

This movie has been advertised as nothing but a quality piece of work that just so happens to keep the core character of Tony Stark/Iron Man intact in the transition from comic to film.

*GASP* What was Favreu thinking!? Why on Earth would he want to appease the fans of the comic? It's not like the character is popular because of them or anything.

But oh wait... Iron Man wouldn't even get a movie if it weren't for his fan base and general popularity in the comic community. So OF COURSE there will be SOME winks and nods to the fans. I mean, what do you expect? A comic movie that is nothing like the comic, thereby negating any reason to make a movie based off a comic in the first place?

But hey. The cameo? Not a major focus of the film. It's just being put in for fun, and it looks like both movie crews tried to keep it secret so it wouldn't be a focus for a while. And winks and nods to the fans? Also not a focus of the film. Quality is the focus. The other stuff is like extra sweet icing on the cake as a bonus to the fans who helped make this movie possible.

And the exact same reasoning applies to Hulk. No is saying, "Come see Hulk for the Iron man cameo" or "This is a movie just for the fanboys, and we're not even using a script because who cares about the quality!"

Marvel is pumping a lot of effort into getting these characters right now that Marvel itself is making the films, rather than letting other studios do so. Right now, all signs are pointing to these films being good.

If evidence to the contrary comes forth, I'll be the first to show my anxiety.

:up: x2000! Greatest post in thread!

True, but that wasn't quite the same as the Bugle staff were just throwing out names to call Dr Octopus, rather than referring directly to the real Dr. Strange. The Franklin link in X2, though subtle, could be seen as a direct reference to the actual character from FF.

Actually... I believe they did...?

"Doctor Strange?"

"LOVE IT! But its taken!"

Isildur´s Heir;13501960 said:
I say, cut the crap and handle the movie properly.
I don´t care if Tony Stark is in the movie or not, i don´t care for eye candy for the fanboys, i care about the movie be good or not.
If it´s handled properly, i say, cool, but so far, it makes me think about the same as to have Nick Fury in the movie, eye candy for moronic fanboys (if you get offended, is because you are one and you know it, so, think before acting stupid and reply).

Any movie that spends time to advertise that there will be a crossover, my first reaction is that will be a fanboy´s movie, which is not something to be excited about.
A movie made for fanboys is something with a lot of eye candy and winks to the fans, but a lousy movie.
That is my biggest fear with Iron Man, Favreu is a fan (hence the eye candy and winks, which there will be), but he still have to show he is great as a director (hence the lousy movie).
I hope this one doesn´t fall there too, but my hopes are not all that so far... :(

You have no basis for any of these claims. You're assuming, for whatever reason, that this crossover possibility (which, by all indications, won't be a big part of the movie) will be horrible without ANY legitmate reason to believe so.

What Franklin link in X2?

From Ryker's computer as Mystique is copying files:
attachment.php

As long as its not the SLJ Fury showing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"