Iron Man Casting Poll 3.0 (I'm sending link to Jon Favreau's Blog)

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
As you guys know Jon Favreau has an Iron Man discussion group that's already has a casting forum that's 32 pages long. I'm gonna grab all the names off those pages and make a poll out of them below and I'm gonna to post it on Jon's Favreau's site. I belong to myspace. I know we've seen a couple Iron Man casting polls before (one by me) but this one is gonna have a lot of names on it. If I forget someone I'll ask the mods to add the name.

Keep in mind I can ask to add more choices later and all of these choices were on Fav's website right HERE!

FYI I chose ODED myself cause I think he's perfect, he's not a huge celebrity, and he's got a great personality. He can carry a film like this.

Hey mods please help! Names to be added to list: (requests)

1) Liev Schreiber

Ashotn Kutcher, Johnny Depp or Thom Cruise. Ashton's my first choice though.

I voted Edward Norton. I don't know why, but he feels like a good choice. Maybe he's a little less "suave" than Tony Stark should be, but a lot of these guys don't do it for me and he seemed like the closest thing to a good Tony.

JesusOfNazarath said:
Ashotn Kutcher, Johnny Depp or Thom Cruise. Ashton's my first choice though.

If you want the worst Iron Man movie possible, then yes, Ashton Kutcher is the first choice.

I went with a little known actor, Ben Browder from Farscape and SG-1, he's a very good actor and I beleive would do a good job.
And, yes if you want the movie to flop, then by all means choose Ashton Kutcher (dude where's my armor).

I like either Jude Law or Dylan McDermott.

The poll should have been multiple choice. :mad:

Anyhow, my top three would be:

Martin Henderson

luomovogue005.jpg

Guy Pearce

748b5c218a5224cdc3a9fd06067969f4.jpg

and Vince Vaughn

42776987_aece078522.jpg

I was thinking about Multiple choice but then it would rank your top choice the same as the 3rd.

Regarding Ashton Kutchner yeah he's not my top choice and he's an MTV goof on Punk'd but you know what...I'll bet he could pull it off.

Out of that pole I'd say it have to be Between Clive Owen and Tom Cruise

Never thought of him before but i quite like the idea of Clive owen for the role, just seems like a good fit.

image663f13d0-4f32-47fd-bf61-5d1182.jpg

Eric Balfour

The guy has the look,the acting chops to boot,and the most important quality for an onscreen Tony Stark,charm!

My only request is that it's somebody who can be nailed down to a 3 movie deal. Some of the names on the list seem to big for that. Other than that, I trust the judgement of Favreau.

There are quite a few guys on that list I wouldnt have a problem with, but my #1 choice isn't on that list at all:

Mark Ruffalo

inthecut31cm.jpg

wp28tx.jpg

I'm really surprised more people aren't behind him. He's got the look, the chops, he's a mid-level star right now, not too big or small to carry the franchise.

I really, really wanted Dylan McDermott for a long time for the role Bobby Donnell on The Practice had similarities to Tony Stark and he really aced that role. At the same time, he hasn't done much of note since "The Grid," so I don't know how viable a choice he'd be.

Advanced Dark said:
I was thinking about Multiple choice but then it would rank your top choice the same as the 3rd.

Regarding Ashton Kutchner yeah he's not my top choice and he's an MTV goof on Punk'd but you know what...I'll bet he could pull it off.

No he really can't. He doesn't have the maturity or experience necessary for Tony Stark. Not to mention the acting chops.

I think I'm kind of changing my tune about Tom Cruise.

I'd be more open to him doing the role, especially over Ashton Kutcher.

here're my choices

Jim Caveizel(my #1 choice)
Matthew Fox
Eddie Cibrian
Jude Law
Dylan McDermott

not my choices

Tom Cruise is too damn crazy and too damn short.
Mark Ruffalo is a fine actor, but is too short 5'9"

Billy Crudrup doesn't want to play a superhero

Oded Fehr would be a better Dr. Strange than Tony Stark

My 4 choices would be
1º Mathew Fox
2º Edward Norton
3º Sean Penn
4º Tom Cruise

I'm not sure where people are pulling Oded Fehr out of. I think they are just fangirls.

Jim Caviezel is a great choice.

If it had to be a superstar, I'd be OK with Tom Cruise I suppose.

To IronMan2005, height is NOT an issue when casting this character. Tom Cruise never looks short in his movie roles. Plus he's in armor during action scenes. height is NOT an issue.

Wizard picked Oded Fehr in some article a while back, thats where theyre getting his name.

Darthphere said:
Wizard picked Oded Fehr in some article a while back, thats where theyre getting his name.

Wizard sucks and can't cast a movie to save their lives.

Fehr's got a heavy accent, and he's not in the leading man category. He's always a supporting player.

TheVileOne said:
Wizard sucks and can't cast a movie to save their lives.

Fehr's got a heavy accent, and he's not in the leading man category. He's always a supporting player.

Ok, getting angry about it isnt going to change anything.

I like Oded Fehr for Tony Stark. I know I'll hear the "he's good for Dr. Strange". Yeah, I know, but I think he'd play a great Tony Stark too.

Well, i'm not sure who I do want for the role (Guy Pierce would be cool, as would Johnny Depp), I'll say who I dont want for the role.

Tom Cruise. He just annoys me these days. I'm sick of hearing about the guy, and I'm sick of seeing the guy. He's also far too big to be tied down to sequels.

Jude Law. Please no. This guy is suggested for just about every comic book role that comes up, and i'm getting sick of it. Jude Law for Superman. Jude Law for Batman. Jude Law for Joker. I dont get it, what do people see in him that make them think he could play just about any male lead in existance?! He's not that great of an actor.

Mark Ruffalo. Man, I work at a video store, and every time I'm putting movies back on the shelves and come by the Just Like Heaven DVD's, I see his picture on the cover, and am filled with an unexplainable hatred of the guy. Just that smug look on his goofy face upsets me. How people could suggest him as someone as awesome as Tony Stark is beyond me.

Jim FREAKIN Caviezel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"