Iron Man Casting Poll 3.0 (I'm sending link to Jon Favreau's Blog)

^ Everyone should post there thoughts here and there. How often do we get to talk to the director of a Marvel film where he's asking for advice & input. Like never. MSJ is the closest thing.

It's nice, but I also want Favreau to make his own decisions and not listen to all the net fans since they can be morons quite a bit.

I basically don't want him to get bogged down by fan bickering.

I really just hope that Sam Raimi doesn't pay attention to the Spidey forums and how utterly disgusting they are.

Matthew Fox is stunt casting at its finest.

Oded Fehr isn't even bordering on perfect. he's too big for the suit to fit comfortably unless you make it oversized but more importantly he has a frigging middle eastern accent.

You couldn't be bothered to include even one of the 4 guys I've supported for it?

Ethan Hawke
Timothy Olyphant
Ryan Phillipe
Mark Ruffalo

yeah, let's have a nutbar annoying actor who refuses to have his characters do things he arbitrarily deems immoral play a womanzing alcaholic arms dealer.

BT18 said:
yeah, let's have a nutbar annoying actor who refuses to have his characters do things he arbitrarily deems immoral play a womanzing alcaholic arms dealer.

But didnt you hear? hes playing a terrorist in some movie /end sarcasm.

Darthphere said:
But didnt you hear? hes playing a terrorist in some movie /end sarcasm.

huh?

BT18 said:

Blah blah blah, whatever.

Tony didn't become an alcoholic until Demon In A Bottle. He wouldn't necessarily be an alcoholic in the first movie.

He's played immoral characters before, so stop spouting BS.

My top picks are:

3) Jim Caviezel
2) Mark Ruffalo
1) Tom Cruise

527942.jpg

Matt Leblanc

I'm not really set on any one person in particular. I would really prefer someone other than an unkown though. Caviezel would be good though. He's famous, but not too famous (ala Tom Cruise), and can really act.

^ Tom Cruise isn't my top choice for a few reasons including his salary but with MI:3 earning a tepid 48 million for the first big Weekend at the box office he might be looking to start a new franchise.

Advanced Dark said:
^ Tom Cruise isn't my top choice for a few reasons including his salary but with MI:3 earning a tepid 48 million for the first big Weekend at the box office he might be looking to start a new franchise.
He might be looking for a new Collateral instead of a new superhero franchise.

Darthphere said:
Matthew Fox is stunt casting at its finest.

clarify my good man:confused:

TheVileOne said:

I agree,3:10 to Yuma is his most likely next project

I really hope Cruise doesn't get the part. I've just grown so sick of him. The last thing the Iron Man movie needs is a big star bringing with him his salary demands and making changes to fit his style of playing certain roles. It won't even be an Iron Man movie. It would be a Tom Cruise movie.

hunter rider said:
clarify my good man:confused:

Well Matthew Fox only got really famous recently because of Lost. Honestly, if he never did the show, nobody would be bringing him up. Hes a big name now and thats pretty much the only reason somebody would hire him.

Darthphere said:
Well Matthew Fox only got really famous recently because of Lost. Honestly, if he never did the show, nobody would be bringing him up. Hes a big name now and thats pretty much the only reason somebody would hire him.

Well i knew of him from Party of 5 (JLH the good days:( ) but i think the fact he is now well known shouldn't be a factor,he has the look and build for Stark and is also a decent actor with enough interest him to gain attention in the project without the unwanted attention a megastar would bring,good balance IMO

hunter rider said:
Well i knew of him from Party of 5 (JLH the good days:( ) but i think the fact he is now well known shouldn't be a factor,he has the look and build for Stark and is also a decent actor with enough interest him to gain attention in the project without the unwanted attention a megastar would bring,good balance IMO

Maybe, also you have to factor in the fact that his first commitment is LOST, look what happened last time a star wanted to leave to do movies. RIP Shannon.

Darthphere said:
Maybe, also you have to factor in the fact that his first commitment is LOST, look what happened last time a star wanted to leave to do movies. RIP Shannon.

LOL,yeah but he is kinda more important but good point,maybe they could work something out around shooting i mean the creator hasn't much room to budge after his hiatus
icon10.gif

hunter rider said:
LOL,yeah but he is kinda more important but good point,maybe they could work something out around shooting i mean the creator hasn't much room to budge after his hiatus
icon10.gif

True. By the way good to have you back man.

TheVileOne said:

Collateral was a good film but every actor wants a franchise because if successful it gives you the monster checks. Actors might pretend they're above that but that's because they can't get into a franchise that does well.

see my comments in blue
Katsuro said:
Well, i'm not sure who I do want for the role (Guy Pierce would be cool, as would Johnny Depp), I'll say who I dont want for the role.

Tom Cruise. He just annoys me these days. I'm sick of hearing about the guy, and I'm sick of seeing the guy. He's also far too big to be tied down to sequels.
This is insane to me...what's that little movie of his opening this weekend??? Oh that's right MI3:rolleyes: and i think he would make it a mega event with huge over sea money and would then finance all the little films from marvel we may never get to see if this bombs

Jude Law. Please no. This guy is suggested for just about every comic book role that comes up, and i'm getting sick of it. Jude Law for Superman. Jude Law for Batman. Jude Law for Joker. I dont get it, what do people see in him that make them think he could play just about any male lead in existance?! He's not that great of an actor.
Again i don't get this. Other people suggested him for all kinds of things cause he was hot at the time now he is not. He's my pick because he is a great actor not just a good one and in Aviator he played Erroll Flynn and looked perfect and tony starks look is based off of guess who...erroll flynn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"