Iron Man Iron Man crowd reports!!

I went to a 2:15pm show earlier today, and the theater was about a little over 1/3 full ... And the theater is kinda big. I know that the show after the one I went to was sold out, though.

Anyway, the crowd was pretty receptive to the movie. They laughed at the parts that were originally intended to be funny, they applauded at some of the really cool stuff (such as Iron Man saving that village), they applauded at the end of the movie, and the people that stayed after the credits CHEERED THEIR HEADS OFF at the scene that was shown.

we just got out of the show. very good movie, i love how it will set up the avengers. i went to a 8:45pm showing, there might of been about 20 people there. my wife and i and 4 other people stayed till after the credits to see the sam jackson scene. 2 big thumbs up in my book. now i can't wait to see the hulk movie next month. :bh:

GREAT news for Friday night.

What I understand to be the largest theatre in the Midwest (AMC Forum 30 Michigan) was jammed packed for Iron Man! Prime time had three large auditoriums (500 or so each) 100% filled. Plus, three smaller auditoriums all filled. Also, a line around the corner to see the 9:00 show. A tremendous turn out!
Cool! A local! I work at AMC Southfield 20 Michigan (roughly 30 minutes away). Our biggest theaters hold near 700 people each. I've been to the Forum only once and that was to see I Am Legend in IMAX. :D

We have five prints of Iron Man at Southfield. Two in a 700 seater, two in a 500 seater, and one in a 350 seater.

-TNC

It was suprising to see how many people understood the meaning behind the after the credits scene and Terrence Howard's "Next time baby" scenes.

i was shocked on how many people in theater was in 'awe' when the SHEILD agent mentioned his organizations name. funny. i'm surprised on how many people knew about that.
Yeah, I felt kinda dumb when I didn't catch it until he said it at the end. I guess I don't memorize the acronym enough. :p

-TNC

went to a 6:30 pm show,stadium seating packed to the walls

a few claps and aahs when SHIELD was mentioned

25+ people stuck around for the Fury scene

No one got Shield or atleast they didn't clap & only a couple people stayed for the Fury scene.

No one got Shield or atleast they didn't clap & only a couple people stayed for the Fury scene.

Same thing here. Not more than 10 stayed for the end.

4 of us, guy behind us, 3 up front (Dad and his 2 kids). That was it. As we were leaving we told as many as we could who were catching the next showing to say AFTER the credits!

My 2nd viewing tonight...

Crowd was AWESOME...very receptive to the film.

One thing I really did apprechaite however was how the Theater Manager came out BEFORE the trailers ran and suggested everyone stay til' after the end credits for a 'special treat'.

That was really cool on his part to inform everyone and guess what...about 90% of the crowd stayed.

I didn't get a chance to post in here on Thursday so here goes...

Well, you could tell the crowd at my theater was die hard fans.

First off, we had sevre weather all day, which later turned into Tornado warnings, and some actually hitting nearby.

But, aside from that. My showing was completely full. From what I saw, the other 3 showings next to mine was full as well. The crowd I was with had lots and lots of Iron Man t-shirts( movie version, comic version) we even had a guy dressed up in an Iron Man costume running around with his coke.

The movie started to applause, every joke got a big reaction. The first time he put on the Mark 1 people screamed. And when his Dr. friend inside the cave with him died, people cheered when he looked away and his lowered his mask. When he was in Mark 3, and went back to the village, they all screamed at "he's all yours''. The movie itself got a standing ovation at the end, and lots of cheers...and of course, so did Nick Furys scene with people screaming Encore.

So needless to say, my viewing was one of the best I've ever been to, in terms of the crowd. They really dug the film, and there was alot of talk of people going back for repeat viewings. I myself am one of them.:im:

I wish the people at our showing were half as excited as some of the reports i'm reading here. It would have made the experience that much more exciting.:(

Not much changed on my 2nd viewing. People were still pretty quiet. But again, they went crazy when Stark backflipped into the wall. And then again when he crashed through the roof and got sprayed again.

I sadly went to two screenings that were practically empty, but they were both afternoon ones. People laughed at some of the comedic moments, but other than that, it was pretty quiet.

My crowd last night was into it right untill the final battle.It was kinds cheesy imo,and I think that was the general feeling I got from the audience.Big pop when he first suited up in the finalized suit.

I watched it on Friday with my niece. The crowd really loved the movie which was very good! They had a huge Ironman standee in the lobby and I got a picture of my niece standing right in front of it. I'm going to see the movie today with my 9 year old nephew (Who didn't go on Friday because he was very naughty and grounded.) and I intend on getting a picture of him in front of the standee as well.

There's no credit for Jarvis at IMDb's Iron Man page. It was probably uncredited role for whoever it was.

I'd read a post that stated Paul Bettany was Jarvis' voice.

I went friday night for the 740-ish show and it was sold out. Looking at the times when we purchased our tickets, there were a lot of shows that were flashing 'low' or 'Sold out.'

The audience was awesome right froim the trailers to the end of the movie. Lots of laughing, cheering and buzz. I have never been part of an audience that was so lively before and it was so much fun! Great great experience :D

I wish the people at our showing were half as excited as some of the reports i'm reading here. It would have made the experience that much more exciting.:(

My crowd was pretty dead too. They didn't even respond much to the trailers (Indy, TDK, Hulk, The Happening) :down

I saw it at an AMC in NJ. The manager came in as the theater was filling up and reminded everyone that because it was it was sold-out show to fill every seat in the row and not leave those one-seat gaps. Everyone just stared back at her blankly. :whatever:

She also told everyone to stick around for the extra scene after the credits.

Anyway the movie was great (even though the sound wasn't), and it seemed like an overall positive reaction from the crowd, even though only a few people really reacted to some of the bigger fanboy moments.

A good number of people stayed through the credits, but again...most of them didn't seem to have a clue about it. The guy next to me was telling his kid "I don't know, I guess if you read the comic books you know what that was all about."

theatrical general reaction:
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t73/pig_****/HAI.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"