Iron Man Iron Man crowd reports!!

Saw it at a free screening supprorted by one of the local comci shops and it was about 50% fill with mostly comic and game enthusist so the crowd was really into the movie and even the trailers befoer teh movies.

The new TDK trailer got applause after it.

at the end of the movie ther was applause and apprently a lot of peopler knew something was going down after the creditrs because most stayed and when Sam Jackson came out as Nick Fury ther was applause it quited down enough tot her his 'Avengers initative' line and the theatre went ballistic!

I yelled out 'Avengers Assemble!!!' after he said that. :grin:

Who was voicing Jarvis... I thought it sounded like Paul Bettany but obviously it couldn't have been him.

i saw a showing at 8:20pm last night.... and it was only about 15% full. i'm serious!!! best movie premiere crowd i have ever been a part of!! i swear there was only about 20 people in the entire theater!

There were about 40 people in theater. Lot of people in Finland don't go to movies more than about once a year. Good to me.:) I got the best place!

Probably the biggest crowd pleaser I've ever seen. That was such a beautiful movie.

Seeing how I saw the 1:00 PM show, less than half full... the night was sold out I think.

Went to the 10 am showing here in Columbus, OH, with my brother, the theater was 60% full, my brother said that's really good for a early Friday showing. The crowd was pretty good, they laughed at the right spots and loved the part when Iron Man came back to Afghanistan and came up against those 6 ten rings soldiers who were holding the women and kids hostage and IM targeted just the soldiers and used his shoulder mounted rockets to kill all 6 without harming the hostages, that was really cool.
And yes it was worth staying to end of the credits, very cool.

My crowd was pretty quiet, except for a few laughs here and there. However, some fanboys sticked around for Nick Fury and they were hollering at the screen when Fury appeared. The theatre was about 75% full.

GREAT news for Friday night.

What I understand to be the largest theatre in the Midwest (AMC Forum 30 Michigan) was jammed packed for Iron Man! Prime time had three large auditoriums (500 or so each) 100% filled. Plus, three smaller auditoriums all filled. Also, a line around the corner to see the 9:00 show. A tremendous turn out!

I saw in on a Thursday night showing and it was half packed, there were some parents who brought their kids and kept talking during the movie, made me want to kick them.

What I understand to be the largest theatre in the Midwest (AMC Forum 30 Michigan) was jammed packed for Iron Man! Prime time had three large auditoriums (500 or so each) 100% filled. Plus, three smaller auditoriums all filled. Also, a line around the corner to see the 9:00 show. A tremendous turn out!

That's what I want to hear... and we were worried about 200 million... hell this thing will have legs even after Indy... like anyone is going to see Sex and the City other than some lame girls who worshipped the series.

I was at a sold out showing tonight . It's also the largest theatre in the area. The crowd was a good mix of teens , kids and parents , couples , and groups of friends. Everyone was into the movie. The crowd laughed when they were supposed to and were mostly quiet and attentive the rest of the time. I can say slightly more than half of the crowd stayed to catch the scene after the credits. unfortunately seeing samuel l jackson caused alot of people to laugh .

Old Town Pasadena......completely packed at 845PM....crowd was incredibly live today. They way they are at midnight showings...they were loud before,during, and after previews. Indiana Jones is going to make a killing btw.....TDK was nicely recieved. Both were cheered.

Iron Man....people were kinda annoyingly obnoxious when the credits started. (Typical crowds in Los Angeles) They chilled out, but were very into the movie. I enjoyed it, the crowd really enjoyed it, I think this one is a winner. I think it will have a great WOM. It's just a fun movie, without lowering itself to F4 standards of self-indulging 'pokes'. Let's face it, Downey OWNED this film. He was awesome. I think he's a better Ironman than Bale is Batman. He was that good.

I went to the Digital Projection 8PM screening! And this is a huge 20 Cinema AMC Theater and it was definitely the most packed of the 4 other shows because those of us in the know...knew to request digital tickets!

It was a lively crowd!!! One of the best I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of!

Major laughs at almost every joke...applause at the coolest parts...and cheers throughout the movie....If I could only go and see it again with the same crowd...holy crap what a rush...

the biggest laugh...falling through the floors
the biggest cheer...auto aiming at 4 or 5 baddies
the biggest ooohhh...almost tearing up his nice cars with his test hovering using the thrusters.
biggest applause/clapping/laughing...cheeseburgers
and biggest yells and screaming and all out craziness...of course...scene after the credits...and only a select few of us stayed!

honestly...there were so many great moments...the crowd alone enhanced this entire experience and I was proud to hand over a hard earned $10.50 for this movie...and will do so atleast 4 more times this summer, and hopefully with Friday night crowds! Word.

OMG, the biggest laughs were always when Tony knocks himself into the ceiling during his first test and him falling through the roof and getting doused. Never fails.

Definitely agree with the person above. THIS was the kind of movie that gave you your money's worth. If it wasn't the movie, then it was the great previews and being amongst a lively crowd.

-TNC

I had a pretty quiet crowd. I went to the 11PM preview screening 1 day before the official release and the theater was probably less than half full. Also, we germans are usually a quiet bunch. I've rarely witnessed people clapping or shouting during or after a movie. But moments like 10% Thrust definitely got some good laughs.

The biggest reactions from the Friday night crowd at the Atlanta theater I was in was the following:

Biggest laughs at Tony's testing of the flying boots and the fire-extinguisher robot.

Biggest cheers:

Iron man targets all of the terrorists holding the women and children at gunpoint and takes them out all at once

The comic nerds in the audience all cheered when Rhodes says "next time" to the MK 2 armor.

Of course, the very last scene with [blackout]Nick Fury[/blackout], particularly when the words "[blackout]Avenger Project[/blackout]" came out of his mouth.

i was shocked on how many people in theater was in 'awe' when the SHEILD agent mentioned his organizations name. funny. i'm surprised on how many people knew about that.

I went to a special preview (Totally filled) on Wednesday and the crowd was very enthusiastic about all of the jokes and comic nods. I went to another showing last night and tried to get into the 10:30 PM show but the lady at the box office said there were 35 seats left and I figured none of them were any good. So I got tickets for the 11 show which already had a sizeable line outside. The crowd was pretty decent, but not everyone got all of the jokes. Yah, they nearly pissed themselves at Tony getting smacked against the wall, but some of the verbal jokes didn't get any laughs. Only about 15-20% of the crowd stayed after though.

Theater was packed full (with around 400-500 seats I think). There was an audible reaction (gasps and whatnot) when
Tony wakes up in the cave and pulls out that long tube out of his nose.

Some laughs spread out through the movie at the places they're supposed to be, like when Tony was wise crackin' or being a charming *******. There were two scenes where
Rhodey was opposed to an idea Stark had, only for the next shot to be Rhodey being in on the idea
which got pretty big laughs.

Some dude behind me went "How the hell did he survive that?!" when
Tony smashed into the wall in the 10% thrust test

Laughter when
Iron Man shoots the terrorists that were holding hostages

When the film ended a small amount of people (think tens of people out of the hundreds in there) to the left of me started applauding... which sort of spread a bit and then died out. A few seconds later the same thing started to the right of me, this time holding on until it spread through the entire theater. So mostly everyone was clapping, but it took a couple of attempts to get there.

We were maybe... 10 people left in the theater for the after credits scene.

I went back tonight (Saturday) and found an almost identical prime time crowd. The 6:15 show was ending and I snuck in to watch the finale. A larger number stayed through the credits today to see the bonus scene. Either more fans went today or else word is getting out.

Prime time packed houses as big as Friday mean great numbers for Saturday because matinees are better attended on Saturday.

I watched the film 3:30 PM Wednesday (which is Tuesday in the U.S.).

The theatre was jam-packed. The credits was cut!!!

One of the best crowd reactions ever for a superhero movie (nothing can top Spidey 1 and 2 when it comes to audience reactions to scenes from the movie).

The biggest laugh was probably when the terrorist tries to shoot IM & got a rebound death.

There weren't many reactions to the trailers excpet laughter for the Sandler movie....until the Indy trailer which had some claps after it ended. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"