Iron Man Iron Man crowd reports!!

I saw it in Pompano Beach, Florida. My theater was.....EMPTY. It was the 8:30pm Thursday May 1st screening.... it was me, four friends... and there was maybe 2-3 other groups of 2-3 people...so maybe 18 people total......crowd reaction to the movie and trailers were silent since there were hardly any of us there.

I saw it in Pompano Beach, Florida. My theater was.....EMPTY. It was the 8:30pm Thursday May 1st screening.... it was me, four friends... and there was maybe 2-3 other groups of 2-3 people...so maybe 18 people total......crowd reaction to the movie and trailers were silent since there were hardly any of us there.

Sucks. I saw it in Miami and it was packed.

My theater was filled nicely. Not as packed as the second night of transformers, but not bad for a lesser known property. The showing was real fun everyone stayed for the end scene. Ever since Transformers my local comic shop started working with the local carmike for Nerdy movie. So for Iron man they were giving away some free comic book day comics early, and Iron Man prizes. I won a prototype Iron man it was pretty sweet.

Just got back from the 8 o clock show the theater was pretty packed but not insanely packed everyone was really into the movie and seemed to love it plus after the movie alot of people stayed to see the scene at the end of the movie.

The theater was packed. Everyone loved it. :up:

CORRECTION: He said, "next time, baby!"

The best thing about that was that it worked for even people who aren't familiar with War Machine because they were so invested in the storyline...

Theater was packed, and the crowd seemed to love the movie. You know what was odd though? At leat 3/4 of the crowd stayed until after the credits...i live in a small southern town...they can't ALL be comic-geeks...CAN they? :wow:

i guess nobody around my theater heard about the 8 pm showing, just the midnight one. my audience was average sized but at least no one annoyed me during the movie. we also applauded at almost everything Iron Man did. definitely one of my best theater experiences

Theater was packed, and the crowd seemed to love the movie. You know what was odd though? At leat 3/4 of the crowd stayed until after the credits...i live in a small southern town...they can't ALL be comic-geeks...CAN they? :wow:
Yeah I live in a small town in NC and they stayed as well. I was surprised. I knew some were comc fans since I've seen them at the shop, but the others.

My theater was only about 70% full, sadly...I thought the movie was amazing and will be seeing it again tomorrow...:oldrazz:

The spread out advance shows seem to have taken the packed crowd out of the game. The theatres I checked out may have added too many showings. Very limited crowds for the 8:00 and 9:00 showings. The midnight show was about 60% filled and the crowd was very in to it. Hard to compare but the Spider-Man 3 midnight showing at the same place took up three large theatres and two smaller overflow showings. I think it was a mistake to open before midnight. Less buzz and crowd enjoyment.

I heard a lot of "One of the better superhero movies I have seen in a while..." Goodbye Fantastic Four... hello Iron Man... Hulk is still making me itchy though... the trailer had people going... until the ****ing CGI showed up...

Ok, I had to work in the projectionist's booth, so I didn't get a chance to see the movie at all and I tried very hard not to see any of it. I'm waiting to see it Friday night.

I had to run the first 8pm show, the 9:30pm show, and the 12:01am show.

First thing that I noticed was the trailer list:

#1 Indiana Jones 4 (the newest trailer)
#2 You Don't Mess With the Zohan
#3 The Happening (brand new trailer)
#4 The Incredible Hulk (the newest trailer)
#5 The Love Guru (brand new trailer)
#6 The Dark Knight (the newest trailer)

I jumped for joy when I came to work and saw that TIH AND TDK's newest trailers were in front of Iron Man, so I made sure that I ran inside the theaters to watch them and listen to the reactions.

All of the reactions were pretty mute up until the 12:01am crowd, which was clearly filled with more rowdy adults.

So, in the 12:01am show, when the Marvel Studios logo came up for TIH trailer, a few people in the audience must've known what it was because all you heard was some black guys yelling, "HULK!" "REAL HULK BABY!" It was great. I noticed that for EVERY showing, the scene of Hulk kicking Blonsky always gets a big reaction. At the end of the trailer, people clapped and one guy yelled out, "WHERE WAS THIS FIVE YEARS AGO??" "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" "REAL HULK!" It was hilarious.

As for the Dark Knight trailer...It took everyone a few seconds to tell what it was, but after they saw Batman jump off the building and the WB logo, everyone starting cheering and then they got really quiet. At the end of it, there was a huge applause. It was great.

I guess for the movie itself, I don't know. Like I said, I've kept myself from seeing it until Friday. :D

-TNC

wasnt to packed, but id say about 60pct full during the 8pm showing tonight.

showing I went to was 8pm May 1st.

the only trailer my theater showed was Indy Jones then straight to the movie

which was fine by me, although i did really want to see the newest DK trailer...

They loved the film. They laughed, clapped, cheered, some shouted whenever they caught comic book references. It's the only sh adaptation I've seen that's so well received by the audience, while watching it.
For that, and other reasons, I, too, had a great time watching it.

The scene where he first tries his repulsor boots, and flips himself backwards into the wall got a huge laugh, and cheers/applause. Which I took part in, as that was brilliant.

I just got back from the midnight screening in Hollywood where Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Favreau opened to a sold out show. It was awesome. The crowd was super pumped through the entire film. OH And they had the actual suit worn in the movie in the lobby.

The theatre was packed, practically sold out where I went, which is pretty surprising for a superhero movie here in Europe, especially for a superhero nobody's ever heard of.

The whole crowd seemed very enthousiastic too!

Mine was like 20% full, and in typical english style, quiet (at least apart from the funny bits).

I caught a showing at 12:20, so not exactly the great midnight crowd I'm accustomed to with these movies, but I figured there still had to be some die-hards there. The theater was about 80-85%. Everyone laughed at the right moments, but I found myself largely alone when 'oohing' or 'ahhing' on some of the fanboy nods (first slowdown pan shot of the Mark I, 10 Rings reference, Stan's cameo, etc.).

It also seemed like no one else picked up on the SHIELD reference when they were referring to it in the long form. However, when the guy mentioned the acronym at the end, there were some audible reactions. On top of that, about half of the crowd left after Downey's last line (while I silently cackled about what they were about to miss). After Fury closed the film, some guy belted out "What the hell is the Avengers Initiative?". Kinda weird.

Decent crowd overall, but I believe I may try to catch another showing this weekend to see if I can get situated with an audience that's a bit more festive.

My theater was half empty. But I went to the 1145 am showing. Everyone's still at work and school at that time. So it was planned. I like my privacy. The crowd was basically consisted of geeks and "little" kids.

Just got back from the 10am show. There were about 30people (Nice for 10am Friday morning)

Only 3 people stayed and caught the after credits scene.

Caught it last night at 10.

Maybe 60% full. The bad weather in my town didn't help.

Excellent crowd reaction. People were all raving about it afterwards.

About a dozen or so people stuck around for the after credits scene.

Good scene for a comics geek, but kinda pointless for anyone else (i.e. my wife)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"