Iron Man IRONMAN Casting Thread [merged-15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering they casted Wolverine a whole foot bigger than the actual wolverine, I think casting Tom Cruise would be fine for Tony Stark.

LordSimen said:
Considering they casted Wolverine a whole foot bigger than the actual wolverine, I think casting Tom Cruise would be fine for Tony Stark.

You say that as if it's fine. Well that's one of the major bones to pick that a VERY large number of X-Men fans have with Bryan Singer.

So, yeah, Jackman gave a good performance, it doesn't mean that someone who looked more like Wolverine couldn't have given as good if not better a performance.

Karloff said:
Hey fellow shell-heads,

My name is Conor Timmis. I am a very talented unknown actor who hopes to screen-test for the role of Tony Stark in the new "Iron Man" film. Please click on this link to view my headshot http://www.minxmodels.com/fmodels/men/conort/conort.html. If you think I look like Tony and want to help an unknown actor get a shot at this role please post on this message board and feel free to pass my photo to other "Iron Man" fans. Hopefully with your support Marvel and New Line will take notice. God Bless all of you!-Conor.

Good luck to you. And I got hopes to play the next Captin America. Will it happen for us? I don't know. But like I said, good luck to you.

BT18 said:
You say that as if it's fine. Well that's one of the major bones to pick that a VERY large number of X-Men fans have with Bryan Singer.

So, yeah, Jackman gave a good performance, it doesn't mean that someone who looked more like Wolverine couldn't have given as good if not better a performance.

I agree with you, I didn't like that Jackman was so tall.

However, I really think Cruise would play a great Stark.

jaydawg said:
God, please get Iron Man rolling... if theres one guy who can be Iron Man, its Cruise....

**** Cruise! Goddammit, he will ask for 20 million or more for the role, we need someone who won't use up so much of the money when they need most of the money for the special effects

Morg said:
**** Cruise! Goddammit, he will ask for 20 million or more for the role, we need someone who won't use up so much of the money when they need most of the money for the special effects
Back end Deal like WOTW would be what he'd do leaving the money in place for the things you mentioned

If ppl don't want cruise for his height or just don't think he's right for the part thats cool but this whole "he'll eat the budget for effects " argument is ridiculous For a start he produces nearly every movie he's in and gets his pay out of the profits and secondly Iron Man has a $100M budget and thats plenty for great SFX even with cruise

hunter rider said:
If ppl don't want cruise for his height or just don't think he's right for the part thats cool but this whole "he'll eat the budget for effects " argument is ridiculous For a start he produces nearly every movie he's in and gets his pay out of the profits and secondly Iron Man has a $100M budget and thats plenty for great SFX even with cruise

That is a grossly unsubstantiated statement that he "gets his pay out of the profits". He hasn't been contracted to jack shyte so there is no way of knowing what they can work out with him. In only 3 movies: Mission Impossible, M:I2, and WOTW, he got payed soley in Gross participation. There is nothing to show that he won't require his more usual, 25 million + a % of profits. In fact that's much more probable.

BT18 said:
That is a grossly unsubstantiated statement that he "gets his pay out of the profits". He hasn't been contracted to jack shyte so there is no way of knowing what they can work out with him. In only 3 movies: Mission Impossible, M:I2, and WOTW, he got payed soley in Gross participation. There is nothing to show that he won't require his more usual, 25 million + a % of profits. In fact that's much more probable.
okay i'm saying it's a possibility but both of us have no proof so lets drop it;)
but lets say you are right it still doesn't affect the SFX quality

1)minority Report-budget $102M-TC $25M=great SFX
2)i Robot-budget $105M-Will Smith $15M=great SFX

Thing i'm wondering is if Cruise is cast are you gonna be one of those "this film will suck cos my pick hasn't been cast "types
For me i'd like TC as IM but ive only had one person cast that i wanted in previous comic book moviesso if he's not it won't bother me,as long as it's not dicaprio i'll give anyone a chance

TheVileOne said:
The reason why not Phatman, is because Peter Cushing has been dead for about 10 years. That might have a little something to do with it.

Also, Mandarin is not going to be in this movie. The villain will reportedly be...Howard Stark.

The last time David Hasselhoff played Nick Fury...well...things didn't work out very well.
Sad to hear about Peter Cushing. Lord rest his Soul. He'll always be grand Moff Tarkin to me anyway. How about Anthony Hopkins as Hammer then?
Well, if not Hasselhoff as Fury (I don't hold that movie against him because it was made for TV anyway, and TV movies are always crap) I'd go with George Clooney or Kurt Russell. Anyway, Fury is a Key player in most IM runs and needs to be here even in a cameo appearance.
As for the Mandarin...oh well, never liked him too much anyway. I always thought Doom and Shellhead would make better archenemies anyway. They're so much alike that the feud writes itself.
HOWARD STARK as the villain. WTF?!?!@_@! I'm not liking this one bit. Not using one of IM's big villains means this film is going to suck. Shellhead has the rogues gallery and the stories. It sounds like the producers are just being lazy.

I'd hate for this movie to be bad. I'm a big IM fan and I've already been burned by that awful 90's IM cartoon.

Phatman:

Nick Fury won't be in the movie. He's getting his own movie and aren't going to cast a guy that either some other director will be stuck with or will have to recast in the marvel movieverse. There are MORE than enough characters who belong to the Iron Man corner of the Marvel universe to fill out the movie as supporting characters.

Thank you,somebody understands that Iron Man has enough characters to fill a movie. All I've heard lately is Iron Man is a "second-tier" character and should share the film with another superhero,that's the biggest load of crap,I've yet to hear the same thing said about Ghost Rider,but for some reason people think Iron Man can't carry a movie by himself,now don't get me wrong,I am not lumping everyone in that group,you know who you are and I mean no offense,I just had to say something.

Tom Cruise is NOT Ironman. Rumors that he is being sought for the role of Hal Jordan also sicken me. Cruise pulls off the other roles he has done alright, but, at 5'7" is hardly Ironman. Now, that bieng siad, picture black hair and the Stark moustache on Orlando Bloom. And for those who don't think that Bloom, or for that matter McDermott, can carry the title role, well.....what's the new Superman's name again??

ironman1188 said:
Tom Cruise is NOT Ironman. Rumors that he is being sought for the role of Hal Jordan also sicken me. Cruise pulls off the other roles he has done alright, but, at 5'7" is hardly Ironman. Now, that bieng siad, picture black hair and the Stark moustache on Orlando Bloom. And for those who don't think that Bloom, or for that matter McDermott, can carry the title role, well.....what's the new Superman's name again??
I don't know much about Mcdermott but Orlando =Iron Boy

BT18 said:
Phatman:

Nick Fury won't be in the movie. He's getting his own movie and aren't going to cast a guy that either some other director will be stuck with or will have to recast in the marvel movieverse. There are MORE than enough characters who belong to the Iron Man corner of the Marvel universe to fill out the movie as supporting characters.
No, Fury that's cool then. Just that in all the IM stories I read (Michilne/Layton) Fury had a significant role in some stories. From what I heard the movie was going to have a "tom clancy" feel so I thought to make that feel of political intrigue of a clancy novel, it would be interesting to have Tony interacting with S.H.I.E.L.D, the pentagon and such.That being said, Fury is strong enough to stand alone in his own movie and Shellhead is strong enough to carry his own movie. How about a "tom Clancy-esqe" SHEILD movie then?
I agree with you wholeheartedly that there are More than enough supporting characters in IM's corner to fill out the movie as supporting characters. That's why I'm upset about using Howard Stark as the villain. It's a cop-out. The rogues gallery is deep enough to put a heavyweight in the first movie. I really wanted to see Hammer go up first, then maybe Obdiah Stane. Toss in an armored Crimson Dynamo, Titanium man or Iron monger and it writes itself.

ironman1188 said:

Well, we agree about Tom Cruise, but your Superman comparison is freaking rediculous. Superman is a bigger comic book Icon than probably the next 5 biggest combined. And I don't think that's a great thing because I think DC is general is lame but it's quite clear that his name sells itself to a degree that casting an unknown can work easily.

The point is that while Iron man is a pretty famous comic book character, Superman is a 100 times more famous easily. He wouldn't make the top 10 most famous characters overall, and whether he'd make the top 10 of Marvel is debatable.

You don't NEED an A+ lister like Tom Cruse for this role. But you also really shouldn't have anyone below the movie B-list. Bloom and McDermott are so wrong in so many different ways though it's hard to know where to begin. It certainly isn't Blooms lack of star power that's the biggest reason he's wrong for it. This movie can be successful with someone else that's only as famous as him. Because he's ratcheted up the totem pole within the last couple of years.

But he is also everything Tony Stark isn't and Tony Stark is everything Orlando Bloom isn't. The Orlando Bloom internet fanboy fixation is the most disturbingly absurd things to have come along in quite some time. People suggest this weak-bodied puss-looking knob for so many tough guy roles it's almost like they're trying to drive logical people who love movies insane.

He played a pretty fairy in an overrated fantasy trilogy, and a faggy pirate in an ULTRA-overrated craptasticly awful movie based on a Disney World ride. He's already overstayed his hollywood welcome and luck as far as I'm concerned.

Ending that rant, McDermott is a cool guy but but he's a faded TV star who's 10 years too old for the part anyway.

Soma-Scoff said:
Hey every one am I the only one who likes the looks of this guy for Ironman.
I mean come on just throw on a mostach and bam you got Tony Stark. And I know I haven't seen him act before, but he looks the part.
sorry i don't think he does but i noticed he has "connor timmis for iron man" thread on imdb as well,unfortunately it's been there a week and no one has even posted a reply

tamron said:
What if they got Jude Law? Hold on, before you lynch me. I know he's mentioned for a lot of comic roles, but we all know one of the inspirations for the character of Tony Stark was Errol Flynn. Law played Flynn in "The Aviator," and he does have the resemblence. And you know he can play he the womanizer.
http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0338751/Ss/0338751/CN-317-15A_16.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Law,%20Jude
get in there now!!!!!!:mad:

noose.jpg

j/k:p but i don't see him as tony

Seth71 said:
MarvelMovies, I totaly dig what you're saying about stark having a draker complexion. He always stiked me as a latino type of guy. His mother's name is maria, so maybe he is of latino background...Stark definetely must have BLACK hair, not even dark brown like Bale is getting away with. BLACK hair for Stark. I mean, how easy is it to dye a hair? Like Reeve did for Superman...But as I said, for me Stark was alyways a tanned dude with a Zorro type of mustache.
Yep. There is implication that Tony is partially Italian in the old Tales of Suspense comics and an old Iron Man annual. On the otherhand, IIRC he has a relative named Hobart Stark, either his father or a cousin that sells him out in an old issue.

how about Timothy Dalton? Too old?

triad said:
how about Timothy Dalton? Too old?

they're looking for someone litterally half his age so, um, yeah. Too old. The only reason to go for someone over their early 30's would be if you can get Johnny Depp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"