Iron Man IRONMAN Casting Thread [merged-15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antonello Blueberry said:
Clive Owen?
croupier2.jpg
charisma vortex and crap voice

I think Leonardo DeCaprio shouldnt be discounted.. Hes got the acting ability, the clout, and he can get international presales...He alone could get another 20mil for the pic..

Here some photoshops of makeup and hair for leo as stark..
I think he was good in the Aviator and I have reconsidered my ambivelence to him..

Personally I predict hes going to be chosen... But I could be wrong....

Soma-Scoff said:
Timothly is a little to old for Stark, but not to potray his father.
OK...that might work. If this flick was made about 15 years ago or more, I think he would have been perfect for T.S., though...just a thought. (but concidering that he couldn't carry the Bond franchise past 2 movies, I guess that wouldn't have happened either. Oh well. Any other ideas, people? Depp would be cool...if he'd do it!

RabbitSamurai said:
Dennis Quaid could do it handsomely.

THE QUAID.
He's 50 years old Samurai,he'll be on a zimmer frame by the time the sequel arrives;)

I don't care. The Quaid is the Quaid. Just because he's 50, he can't do good action movies?
Hell, look at Harrison Ford, who was into the Tom Clancy stuff when he was in his 40's.

THE QUAID.

RabbitSamurai said:
I don't care. The Quaid is the Quaid. Just because he's 50, he can't do good action movies?
Hell, look at Harrison Ford, who was into the Tom Clancy stuff when he was in his 40's.

THE QUAID.
my point is you don't start a superhero franchise with a guy who will be 53 by the time the first movie hits,;)

No, you start it with David Routh, the punk kid.

THE QUAID. QUAID!!

But anyway, I would be happy if they only made 1 film. Why must everything be a franchise?

RabbitSamurai said:
No, you start it with David Routh, the punk kid.

THE QUAID. QUAID!!

But anyway, I would be happy if they only made 1 film. Why must everything be a franchise?
It's brandon:p and as far as the franchise thing goes,i think it's b/c a lot of these characters have decades worth of stories to use and it would be a shame not to adapt them if the first one is good.;)

mark ruffalo is on the verge of a breakout, and I think Iron man should be the one that puts him on top.

Metamorpho1977 said:
mark ruffalo is on the verge of a breakout, and I think Iron man should be the one that puts him on top.

How is he on the verge of a breakout? He's got a bunch of supporting roles lined up, none lead, and almost all in romantic comedy hell.

BT18 said:
How is he on the verge of a breakout? He's got a bunch of supporting roles lined up, none lead, and almost all in romantic comedy hell.
Hence the term "on the verge" he is building up a decent resume and is getting good reviews for In the cut, xyw(not sure if that is correst title) and Collateral and also got decent nods for 13 going on 30. anyway i thought you didn't want a big name ? who is your choice as all you seem to do is knock others peoples

well, call me crazy, but i've always thought tom selleck should play tony stark. i was watching magnum this morning and the mofo looks just like him. i know, magnum was back in the 80's, but still. an old stark could work. i've been convinced since i read a "casting call" (?) article in wizard afew years ago. they said he should play stark. they also said woody allen could play hawkeye and terrance stamp could play kang. there were afew others, but i forget. how about sam jackson as war machine? or maybe lawrence fishbourne? i dunno, peace. :)

Stellan Skaarsgaard(Glass House with Leelee Sobieski) should be Kang.

Woody Allen as Hawkeye or Woody Harrelson, because I can picture Woody Harrelson as Hawkeye.

ok, why not one more suggestion/possibility. One thing he is that many of your peoples suggestions aren't is in the top 30 or so stars that meet the broad look/age range in terms of box office bankability/star power scale. You'd need some hair dye but not much else. He sound like a rich guy IMO. Still want Depp but I realized that he's PROBABLY not gonna be available if he's making 2 POTC sequels.

co3.jpg

Ryan Phillipe. Kinda hard to imagine if you've only seen Cruel Intentions and I Still Know what you did last summer. But he was good in Way of the Gun and Igby Goes Down.

well as far as Cruel Intentions, he was one of the good things about that movie. He's a very talented actor. and that image, is that a zombie behind his car, Benicio Del Toro looks like a zombie.

Phillipe is a horrible idea. BT18 i agree that bloom is wrong for alot of the parts he is mentioned for however i thought he was good in POTC and freakin great in LOTR the greatest trilogy of our time IMHO. Anyways i want as stated before Tom (iron man) cruise for this part but if i can't than i could settle on Jude law which is amazing cause i don't like him but it could work.

hunter rider said:
Hence the term "on the verge" he is building up a decent resume and is getting good reviews for In the cut, xyw(not sure if that is correst title) and Collateral and also got decent nods for 13 going on 30. anyway i thought you didn't want a big name ? who is your choice as all you seem to do is knock others peoples

I'm not knocking him as a choice or your preference. Just wondering what basis you have for the particular statement of him being on the verge of a breakout. I'm just saying it doesn't look to be the case based on what he has "lined up" in the upcoming years.

I never said I didn't want a big name. I said I didn't want Tom Cruise. But Johnny Depp is pretty much the next biggest name after his. And he's my preference. Not because he's the next biggest name, although that does reenforce my want. But because I see him as just the perfect fit for a type of movie like this.

I don't think the actor who plays Iron Man needs to be an A-lister, but definetly atleast B and somewhere atleast in the top 40 actors in that broad age/look range on the starpower/hotness/bankability scale. Depp is pretty much the oldest person I'd go with. Unless you can get him, go for someone closer to 30 than 40. Sorry if my question, it was a question, not a "bash", pissed you off. I can see Ruffalo in the part and would not be pissed if he was cast. Just doesn't strike me as one of my choices for the most prudentness and the most compatablity. Definetly not the least though.

BT18 said:
I'm not knocking him as a choice or your preference. Just wondering what basis you have for the particular statement of him being on the verge of a breakout. I'm just saying it doesn't look to be the case based on what he has "lined up" in the upcoming years.

I never said I didn't want a big name. I said I didn't want Tom Cruise. But Johnny Depp is pretty much the next biggest name after his. And he's my preference. Not because he's the next biggest name, although that does reenforce my want. But because I see him as just the perfect fit for a type of movie like this.

I don't think the actor who plays Iron Man needs to be an A-lister, but definetly atleast B and somewhere atleast in the top 40 actors in that broad age/look range on the starpower/hotness/bankability scale. Depp is pretty much the oldest person I'd go with. Unless you can get him, go for someone closer to 30 than 40. Sorry if my question, it was a question, not a "bash", pissed you off. I can see Ruffalo in the part and would not be pissed if he was cast. Just doesn't strike me as one of my choices for the most prudentness and the most compatablity. Definetly not the least though.
you didn't piss me off but i saw you do the same thing to choices ppl made for cap b/c they didn't fit your vision,it felt like you were taking a superior attitude if i'm wrong or misread you then sorry,sometimes delivery of opinion is eveything on a message board as we can't see each other, anyway no harm done;)
now on the point of Ruffalo to me his supporting performances and reviews for the smaller films i mentioned are IMO what make's him on the verge of stardom are his potential and reputation for his body of work so far,I'm not saying he will make it i'm just saying to me that is the interpritation of "on the verge"
As for casting i believe a name is needed to a degree and my choice remains cruise who whilst lacking the height has as proven by some pics the look and definately the charisma and talent to play a cocky playboy as no one imo does it better.I am a big Depp fan and wouldn't mind seeing him in the role but he usually goes for more quirky charcters so i'm not sure he'd be interested>at the moment he's out due to POTC 2$3 and cruise has only a slim chance but isn't impossible due to Mi3 filming being moved to late september.If not i would go for JC

Leonardo Dicaprio, looks like he's a good actor (THe Aviator) and could pull this off

Dicaprio?

:mad:

I'm not knocking his acting abilities, but he never quite sounds sincere in his movies. He always has that faint "reading his lines" quality. That's why we need an experienced actor, someone more mature to the world of Hollywood, a little less well-known....

Someone like....Dennis Quaid.

There is really nothing other than a nervous system Dennis Quaid posseses I see that would qualify him for playing Tony Stark. He's at the point in his career where he's playing leading adult actors parents. He isnt' going to be Tony Stark, which they're clearly looking for someone 30ish to play, as they should.

He was never really that great or cool of an actor to begin with. And you can't be "the ..." anything with your last name like that when you have a brother with the same last name who's just as famous.

Well...it seems my first pick, Tom Cruise, ain't gonna be Tony Starks. How about Matthew McConaughey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"