Iron Man IRONMAN Casting Thread [merged-15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I like the idea of Selleck for Tony's Father.
But there is only two people who can play Tony/Ironman
And they are GUY PEARCE, AND BILLY CRUDUP

tamron said:
tango45-t.jpg

Dylan Dammit!
No Dammit:D
Come on cruise save us from dylan and the DTV man:)

In the new Iron Man comicbook, Stark looks suspiciously like Tommy Cruise.

Crimson Dynamo said:
In the new Iron Man comicbook, Stark looks suspiciously like Tommy Cruise.
I thought the same thing when I read the book,apparently the artist wants Cruise for the role,IMO.

I didn't say it was Tom Cruise. I said it looks suspiciously like Tom Cruise.
I don't have an example to hand, but here's an Adi Granov Iron Man cover which illustrates my point:

lgy07

colin farrel would be my choice if you go with a well known actor
if they go with someone lesser known. go with McDermott

Personally i would really like to see Farrel as Iron Man...i just think he could be so good as Tony Stark...and he can handle action so why not? I mean yes Cruise would be great, BUT how many other people would see him as Tom Cruise AS Iron Man...i know i would. I know if he played Shellhead i wouldnt see Tony Stark, i'd see Cruise. He wont be able to do it with his schedule anyways. He's a tad short to play Stark too. I'd really like this role to go to Colin Farrel. I think he could just capture the character so perfect. Just my opinion.

Crimson Dynamo said:
I didn't say it was Tom Cruise. I said it looks suspiciously like Tom Cruise.
I don't have an example to hand, but here's an Adi Granov Iron Man cover which illustrates my point:

lgy07
That's an amazing pic I hope it's a prophecy of things to come:)

Mark Ruffalo's a good choice especially with his look from Collateral. How about Clive Owen also?

Stamos for what ?
Clive Owen definately not,Iron Man with a cockeny accent just doesnt work plus the mans a charisma black hole;)

Timothy Dalton would have been good but I think hes to old now.

dalton3sm.jpg

KAZUYA said:
Timothy Dalton would have been good but I think hes to old now.

dalton3sm.jpg

Dalton would've been great as Stark in the 80's. I mean when I think of actors that artists clearly based Tony's s look on; Errol Flynn, Tim Dalton, and now Tom Cruise thanks to Granov, come to mind. Hell, maybe Tim could still play Tony's dad.

bannerfan said:
Mark Ruffalo's a good choice especially with his look from Collateral.
yeah, that's really what made me pick him. Also, he's a really good actor that wouldn't cost too much. He's not a huge star, so you could watch the movie and see "Iron Man," not "Mark Ruffalo in the Iron Man suit."

Hey, I watched Law & Order: SVU last night with Bill Campbell in it, and my friend 'The Kryptonian' and I immediately thought of him for Iron Man. He's got the playboy look, he's got an excellent build, he's a tremendous actor, and he's the right age.

I think he'd do a great job as Tony Stark/Iron Man.

a younger Timothy Dalton would've made a perfect Stark!!

ok everyone i know its been said before but TOM FOR IRON MAN!!!!

hes got the look
hess pretty much the right age
he is a playboy million air
he is a great actor
and hes interested last i heard
and he plays a pretty convincing drunk in born on the 4th of july

thats my storie and im sticking to it

I can help you there Great.....HELL NO!!!!!.....Real actors only please;)

hunter rider said:
I can help you there Great.....HELL NO!!!!!.....Real actors only please;)

Agreed,Marvel has said they will be courting a major Hollywood actor,noy a guy who is barely a actor.

Read a interesting article in this months Wizard Magizine in regards to Iron Man, they anticapte that there will be casting news for the film by their next issue,in a month, no indication on what roles will be cast,my speculation is lower level roles most likely no major stars but it is very positive news about the progress of the film. Just thought I would pass that along.

swifty said:
a younger Timothy Dalton would've made a perfect Stark!!
That's true. But I'm glad they didn't make back then. I'd rather have the SFX they do now to make that movie.

has anyone suggested Dominic Purcell yet?

5.jpg

seems like a good choice to me.

Nah. He's a cool actor, but he doesn't look like Tony.

not sure if it's been posted in here, but apparently they wanted Johnny Depp, but he's too busy ...

THE IRON TRUTH (CHUD.COM)
By Nick Nunziata
Music to my ears also was Mr. Murphy's agreement that Tony Stark's mustache is vital and that they really want Johnny Depp for the role but scheduling looks to be impossbile. A shame, really. Depp looks good with a mustache. What they need is someone with Depp's ability and Freddie Mercury's face, and preferably someone alive. The mustache is going to remain, and this pleases me. When Tom Cruise was rumored for the part I freeze framed a scene from Born on the Fourth of July and imagined Ron Kovic donning the helmet and shooting around town in a red and gold wheelchair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"