• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is America Overrated?

what major problems that people have do the government cause?

and if its not the offical langange is fine; i just dont want to spanish listed as it instead.

Are you f**king kidding me?

Have you been in a coma for 8 years? And nobody's arguing that America should make spanish the official language. The argument is whether english should be the official language, or if it should remain neutral on that issue thus encouraging americans to stretch their minds a little and delve into other languages.

Also, if english were the official language, your posts would probably be banned.

Are you f**king kidding me? Have you been in a coma for 8 years? And nobody's arguing that america should make spanish the official language. The argument is whether english should be the official language, or if it should remain neutral on that issue thus encouraging americans to stretch their minds a little and delve into other languages.

no im not in a coma; our problems arent **** compared most of the other countries in the world. they just seem worse to us cause we dont have too much to complain about.

Yes

It's touted as the best country over and over and over but I'd rather live in the Netherlands or Japan.

no im not in a coma; our problems arent **** compared most of the other countries in the world. they just seem worse to us cause we dont have too much to complain about.

They seem worse to us because we have a higher standard of excellence, as we should. I'm not gonna do a ten page laundry list of governmental problems right now, but if you're curious, open up a newspaper, turn on the news, browse news sites, read political blogs, whatever, you'll find it. America is an extremely powerful and influential nation, thus our mistakes have greater consequences. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

I voted not overrated (dumb question though it was), but your comments here are asinine.

political blogs are all about immegration; news is all paris hilton. i look tomorow :o

political blogs are all about immegration; news is all paris hilton. i look tomorow :o

Yes, the national news is on ****** mode. But hey, guess what, that's a problem influenced by our government, at least in some ways. Our media, particularly televised, which is supposed to be our watch dog, has turned into a lap dog, with political machinations playing a large role, and it's embarrassing.

Also, I'm guessing from your posts that english isn't your native language, as you don't seem to be fluent in it. Why on earth would you want it to be the official language? If it actually is your native language.... christ.

A lot of Americans are proud of being Nationalists, but I think the overall hatred of our country is ridiculous. Especially when it is people within our country who hate our country.

A lot of Americans are proud of being Nationalists, but I think the overall hatred of our country is ridiculous. Especially when it is people within our country who hate our country.

Most of the people you're referring to hate the direction our country's being taken in, they don't hate the country. If they hated the country, they wouldn't put time and energy into protesting what's going on, they'd just leave and put it out of their minds. But they/we don't, because we love what this country stands for, and want to see it live up to that ideal. Being patriotic should mean wanting the best for your country and its actions, it shouldn't mean being jingoistic.

We have more money than everyone else, money isn’t everything. You’d think that the most powerful nation that the world’s ever seen would be able to take care of their children, senior citizens, unemployed, underemployed, homeless and uninsured. I guess it could be worse, at least we’re not Ethiopia. But considering the fact that I’m the people who considers moving to Europe every few weeks I’d say we’re overrated.

flag_waving.jpg

No.

As a minority and a Canadian citizen I know that everyone, looks up to the USA, which I think is bad because they need to set their own goals. Nothing againts the US though, but it is highly overrated

As a minority and a Canadian citizen I know that everyone, looks up to the USA, which I think is bad because they need to set their own goals. Nothing againts the US though, but it is highly overrated

Captain America > Union Jack :cmad:

Wolverine > All

:O

Yes, the national news is on ****** mode. But hey, guess what, that's a problem influenced by our government, at least in some ways. Our media, particularly televised, which is supposed to be our watch dog, has turned into a lap dog, with political machinations playing a large role, and it's embarrassing.

Also, I'm guessing from your posts that english isn't your native language, as you don't seem to be fluent in it. Why on earth would you want it to be the official language? If it actually is your native language.... christ.

when something actually important happens its fine. news was all anna nicole until virginia tech. the fact that paris is the main news topic should show you theres nothing too important to talk about.english is my native language sorry if im not the best typist :o

America is awesome.
no way is it overrated! so many things to see and countires to visit.
kind of the perks of being a continent.
huge landmass and all.
now don't get me started on that ***** Eurasia. :cmad:

Not exactly.

Canada and US are incredibly similar.... as in politics, economics and the ability to hold up it's people.

Canada is still generally "North America"... so it could be referred to as a different version of "America".

Of course it is overrated for Canadians. You all live nearly the exact way we do.

But compared to other countries, this is the A-place to be. No real dictators. (Bush isn't Hitler, all of you ******s should know, no matter how much you hate him)

No nation is perfect. Absolutely nothing is perfect. But this is as damn close as you can get.

Everyone Should Look Up To Austraila N Us.

Well, America’s by far better than some place like Somalia or North Korea. But there’s a reason that all the people from those places are starting to pick Europe instead of America for their new homes. This isn’t even someone who’s “anti-america” I just have the common sense to realize that America’s pretty ****ed up at the moment.

Not exactly.

Canada and US are incredibly similar.... as in politics, economics and the ability to hold up it's people.

Canada is still generally "North America"... so it could be referred to as a different version of "America".

Of course it is overrated for Canadians. You all live nearly the exact way we do.

But compared to other countries, this is the A-place to be. No real dictators. (Bush isn't Hitler, all of you ******s should know, no matter how much you hate him)

No nation is perfect. Absolutely nothing is perfect. But this is as damn close as you can get.
This is the first time I have ever agreed with a Canadian.

As Calvin says, and I agree, we got it f***ing made in the shade with pink lemonade.

Not exactly.

:slowclap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"