• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is America Overrated?

.... Can you elaborate?

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me... or... I just got dissed. :csad:
No I agree with you totally...just can't believe I agreed with a Canadian:woot: All the Canadians I know are crazy Canooks.

a + b = c

No I agree with you totally...just can't believe I agreed with a Canadian:woot: All the Canadians I know are crazy Canooks.

a + b = c

You mean Asteroid-Man right? Because I'm not Canadian...

I'm sorry, I'm having a really slow night. :O

You mean Asteroid-Man right? Because I'm not Canadian...

I'm sorry, I'm having a really slow night. :O
Your not Canadian...posh. No, but all the Canooks I know smoke weed and play Halo all day.

America is like the Paris Hilton of the world. :woot:

Not exactly.

Canada and US are incredibly similar.... as in politics, economics and the ability to hold up it's people.

Canada is still generally "North America"... so it could be referred to as a different version of "America".

Of course it is overrated for Canadians. You all live nearly the exact way we do.

But compared to other countries, this is the A-place to be. No real dictators. (Bush isn't Hitler, all of you ******s should know, no matter how much you hate him)

No nation is perfect. Absolutely nothing is perfect. But this is as damn close as you can get.

I'm sorry but Canada is practically the 51st ****ing state.

Yeah, we get our posse send them to Cuba and torture them.

America is a great country because of what it has achieved in a relatively short amount of time, compaired to other countries.

Try leaving yours every now and then. :up:

I believe that the American way of life is overrated. Massive consumption, shameless marketing, and above all, self-interest. However, the freedom from oppression and the rights to free speech and security of person are the attractive part.

This is true... it's the State that the other 50 strive to be like... :word:

:yay:

I believe that the American way of life is overrated. Massive consumption, shameless marketing, and above all, self-interest. However, the freedom from oppression and the rights to free speech and security of person are the attractive part.

What he said. :yay:

Congress since has made it the Official language, it happened sometime last year.

What the hell? Really?

Edit - Christ, you're right. Well, that really blows. Bravo, america, another move towards jingoistic suckage.

America is a great country because of what it has achieved in a relatively short amount of time, compaired to other countries.

Good point, it became great (and probably the best) in culture, economics, politics and etc. in about two centuries.

And I still don't understand people, who think America is an empire like Roman Empire or Ancient Greece. It's just country, which rules the world in economics nowadays, not in everything, because otherwise there wouldn't be freedom and it would fall as two previous empires.

I think Europe has it better than we do. If it wasn't for the fact that I want to dedicate my life to making the world better, I'd move there.

Try leaving yours every now and then. :up:

yeah but a lot of countires give their citizens those rights. Some countries offer even more freedom. I know people that have been to China, and they all said they didn't feel oppressed and life didn't look any worse there then it does here.

Not that I dont' disagree with a lot of things China does though.

I think America is over rated.

They interfere when they shouldn't, as far as I am aware they don't get free health care like us Brits. Although we aren't too good either, we follow America like a lost sheep, our Prime Minister sucked...etc...etc.

I lived in Canada for most of my life. When i got married, to an american citizen, i moved there (Michigan). Having lived in both countries I wouldn't exactly say that America (as in the US) is over-rated, but i will say that i was very happy to move back to Canada the first chance i got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"