The Dark Knight Rises Is bringing back Robin such a good Idea?

Hell 2the yeah!

Civilian
Reaction score
If Warner Bros. brings back Robin to the Silver Screen, he should be Nightwing, and secondly, he should be fighting Batman. They should both view each other as unnecessary. Nightwing should view Batman as just another vigilante menace, and Batman should view Nightwing as an up-start rookie who's getting his panties into a bunch. That conflict, along w/ a villain running free to do as he pleased, because of the vigilante differences, would make a compelling story. The darker the better. Gritty realistic performances are the best!

I think thats actually a worse idea than having a 12 year old boy in bright red, yellow, and green going out on patrol with Batman.

Hell 2the yeah! said:
If Warner Bros. brings back Robin to the Silver Screen, he should be Nightwing, and secondly, he should be fighting Batman. They should both view each other as unnecessary. Nightwing should view Batman as just another vigilante menace, and Batman should view Nightwing as an up-start rookie who's getting his panties into a bunch. That conflict, along w/ a villain running free to do as he pleased, because of the vigilante differences, would make a compelling story. The darker the better. Gritty realistic performances are the best!
That would destroy the spirit of both characters.

And as far as "is bringing back Robin such a good idea?"

Answer: Yes, so long as it is done properly. He should be included in some fascit and CAN be dont justice as well as dark and believable.

-R

Robin should never be in a Batman again.

I guess I'll partake in the ignorance: Robin should never be in another Batman movie. Thankfully, Nolan and Goyer have the good sense NOT to include Robin in the new trilology.

Billy Shears said:
I guess I'll partake in the ignorance: Robin should never be in another Batman movie. Thankfully, Nolan and Goyer have the good sense NOT to include Robin new trilology.
dude youre an A ONE MORON AND ROBIN WILL APPEAR IN A NEW BATFILM!!:up:

Do you people really think that Robin will be in this trilogy,Nolan and Bale hate him?

Hmm, I'm somewhat inbetween. I think he could be done right. But in BF it just wasnt right. If they could incorporate him into the new movies and make it fit, then why not.

DickGrayson1 said:
dude youre an A ONE MORON AND ROBIN WILL APPEAR IN A NEW BATFILM!!:up:

exactly! A new bat-film...just not a Nolan Bat-film.

Hell 2the yeah! said:

Um, I don't know if you noticed, but Lucious and Alfred made begins for most people, ONE gritty performance is enough for any movie... it's like having two wolverines around... eugh...

As for Batman vs Nightwing? Hmm? Please no? While it may seem like a hip cool updating, it doesn't reflect in the slightest what Nightwing is about and loses the best parts of their relationship... and I HATE it when Batman says stuff like "The last thing we need is some vigilante running around..." Oy!

As for "is bringing back Robin such a good idea?" I submit to you that he never left... he's been holding things down in a decent comic since half of us were born... I would suggest we just chill and read some comics before we come talking about what Robin "is" and "can't do" and "does to batman"

Is that so much to ask? Read some comics on the character?

Robin91939 said:
Wow, maybe the most ignorant post of the day.

:up:

-R

You're post just beat that.

And I agree with CConn. Robin shouldn't be in a Bat-film. The movies are elseworlds and it's time we see how Batman would be without Robin the Boy Target.

Jake Gyleenhaal is in "Brokeback Mountain" where he plays a gay cowboy. Please reconsider....

Why would Nightwing be fighting Batman in a movie...
And how Begins ended up being, I don't want to see some little kid next to him. Leave Robin out of these new Bats flicks, they're getting it right so far!

If they do reestablish robin in the new franchise, they need to humanize him, and not just make him some side puppet with a bratty attitude like they did in the last two films...

Show me some of the more interesting dynamics of his relationship to batman, not just his defiance. Make the audience care about Robin. (That's going to be tricky to pull off)

I don't even think introducing the "boy wonder" into these movies is even plausable if were going to be realistic...if my memory serves me right, Bruce didn't encounter Dick until he was well into his mid to late 30s? In BB, Bruce had just celebrated his 29th Birthday (correct?) Why would a rookie Batman (give or take 2-3 years of experience by the sequel--unless it picks up where Begins left off) take on a 12-14 year old kid when he's still in the middle of his own issues?

Unless Goyer and Nolan anticipate their Batman trilogy to span 10-15 years, then not only do I think introducing Robin is crazy, but also unnecessary. Although a cameo of Dick Grayson would be a good tie-in to the next trilogy which will likely feature a new caped crusader. :cool:

You guys are nuts, of course bringing back Robin is a good idea. Have you forgotten how dark and traumatic this kid's backstory is? They should make him older though, about 16 maybe. And portray him as Batman's capable backup instead of the whiny wuss-boy he was in the other films. Never forget that Robin has saved Batman's life on many occasions, as well as his sanity.

NoirMan82 said:
You guys are nuts, of course bringing back Robin is a good idea. Have you forgotten how dark and traumatic this kid's backstory is? They should make him older though, about 16 maybe. And portray him as Batman's capable backup instead of the whiny wuss-boy he was in the other films. Never forget that Robin has saved Batman's life on many occasions, as well as his sanity.

Alfred does all of that, and better.

I feel Robin is a necessary part of the Bat-mythology and should be included in the future.

Dark Victory would be a comic to base Robin in the movie on

Robin should be in a future Batman movie. Just not in the next two films. Bring him in Batman 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"