Thor expected to be "biggest" Marvel Studios film to date!

In that case they should set it in the 40's and perhaps make it a tragic comedy. Then he would seem less campy.
The name and the outfit doesn't exactly help him IMO and he probably won't be very popular outside the US with people who don't know the character.

Making it a period piece would just be counter-productive if you're trying to open it up to wider audiences.

Making it a period piece would just be counter-productive if you're trying to open it up to wider audiences.

Agreed. Plus, from a thematic standpoint, Captain America bringing his values and sense of duty to the modern times is just as important and entertaining as his World War II origins. Neither should, or can be left out if you want to accurately present who the character is and what he stands for, which is why we're fortunate to know that Marvel intends for the Captain America film to take place both in the 40s and in the present.

So Thor & Ant-Man are both gonna be put off till 2010 with possibly Nick Fury coming in late 2009? Vaughn is doing Kick-Ass apparently first which was published by Marvel.

So Thor & Ant-Man are both gonna be put off till 2010 with possibly Nick Fury coming in late 2009? Vaughn is doing Kick-Ass apparently first which was published by Marvel.

Wtf?! Can Vaughn commit to anything?

^ It's not Vaughn. The script isn't ready and they can't finish filming Thor before SAG strike deadline.

The perfect film ready in a short time is Luke Cage and/or Iron Fist. But I guess someone needs to make the scripts first.

Damn Mark Protosevich and David Self. They got nearly 3 years and the scripts are not ready yet. :cmad:

Iron man has had more press than any superhero movie ive seen so far. At my school so many people are talking bout it.

I'd rather see Marvel follow the story.....show Thor, let the kiddies and movie fanbois have a taste, show that the franchise can stand on it's own....THEN tackle handling the portrayal of Asgard and the Æsir.

We will not see Thor coming soon...Yes, the director Matthew Vaughn will directed "Kick-Ass", a movie based on the Marvel miniseries by Mark Millar and John Romita Jr.. Yes, Vaughn has wrote the screenplay with Jane Goldman and Marvel Studios according the production.

It's real true???

SOURCE: http://http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36078

The perfect film ready in a short time is Luke Cage and/or Iron Fist. But I guess someone needs to make the scripts first.

Damn Mark Protosevich and David Self. They got nearly 3 years and the scripts are not ready yet. :cmad:

You didn't say that.

WHAT! so stupid that they dont have a big summer movie next year i cant see nick fury being a huge movie for marvel and does anybody really want to see a kick-ass movie its only got one issuse out smells like another wanted to me.

AD, any idea on when Marvel will next talk about their upcoming film slate?

Make the movie with 300 like effects and itll be a hit

Make the movie with 300 like effects and itll be a hit

You could do that if it were a stand alone, and I'm sure it would look fantastic, but it be really weird to be introduced to cinematic Thor is such a way, and then switching him to normal cinematography for an Avengers movie.

There'd be a big lack of visual consistency.

We will not see Thor coming soon...Yes, the director Matthew Vaughn will directed "Kick-Ass", a movie based on the Marvel miniseries by Mark Millar and John Romita Jr.. Yes, Vaughn has wrote the screenplay with Jane Goldman and Marvel Studios according the production.

It's real true???

SOURCE: http://http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36078

Wtf Marvel... Thor for 2010? So Basically Ant-Man is all we MIGHT be getting in 09... wow its going to be one sad year for comic films... maybe a break is good... but Wolverine as the best flick for next year? That's just sad...

Wtf Marvel... Thor for 2010? So Basically Ant-Man is all we MIGHT be getting in 09... wow its going to be one sad year for comic films... maybe a break is good... but Wolverine as the best flick for next year? That's just sad...

They announced that they were only going to be able to do one film for 2009 a while back, and it's probably going to be backwards. According to Millar they're really not THAT far into Kick-Ass movie*, so nothing is set there, but Scott Pilgrim seems to be going full speed ahead so if anything it would probably be Thor now and Ant-Man later.

*I'm pretty sure they're planning on doing Kick-Ass through Marvel studios anyway, so technically even if both Ant-Man and Thor got delayed, THAT would be our film for 2009.

thor_color_sm.jpg

That's pretty cool, what's it for?

You know, I like it to, but Thor is a little skinny. Size does matter, other wise the helmet is sick, good job.

That is a pretty badass Thor, but would probably be more suited for fan art or something, no?

I honestly believe Self has been halted more times by Marvel then anyone. No director has ever been attached to the film, and he can't really write his screenplay adequately or even move on a second draft without a director.

As for Protosevich, his draft was received by Marvel with open hands. They had a director on it within the month. They want to make the film, but Thor isn't Ghost Rider, and Protosevich's setting is Troy-like in nature, with mythical beings uttered every other word and the hammer being forged. I haven't read the screenplay, much less have it, but the setting is in Asgard, with Loki.

Basically the main characters that surround Thor are in the script, Warriors Three, sif and Loki, with a few norsemen one becomes Thor's friend, kind of like Eric Masterson and Thor.
The script is very well written, it's much like a Tales of Asgard story with actual Myth. Protosevich is a Tales of Asgard FAN, and it shows in the script.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"