Thor expected to be "biggest" Marvel Studios film to date!

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Advanced Dark, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Nightmare

Nightmare "Kill Them All"

Doesnt Wolverine count as next summer? In May

2. Kirk Langstrom

Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

3. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

I actually got it off the Thor boards. It should be on Hype's page .but I never go there. lol it's straight to the messege boards

4. Savage

Savage Earth Rocker

That's Fox, not Marvel studios. Although they may have Antman out next summer.

5. topdog1

topdog1 Hero For Hire

I find it interesting that everyone is giving Marvel breathing room to do a Thor movie. With no Donald Blake and basing it mostly in Norse mythology, ANYONE can do a Thor film if they want to. I know Marvel has the fan base but the Norse god of thunder is open domain. It's like when competing studios made movies about Wyatt Earp years ago. (Tombstone skunked Kevin Costner's version) Thor, Odin and Loki can't be copyrighted as mythological characters.

6. Kirk Langstrom

Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

i doubt it. Unless it's some sort of big secret, they havent even started on pre-production or principal photography.

7. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

YES the Myth's can't be Copyrighted, BUT, Marvel has thier OWN versions which ARE copyrighted, same with DC. Marvel's version just happens to be the most popular.

8. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

There are going to be ALOT of Superhero movies out in the next few years, I doubt the other studios are going to let the contracts go too soon.
    I'm not even sure what's supposed to be out Other than Wolverine, and Surfer from the other studios.

9. FaT_tONle

FaT_tONle Well-Known Member

Ant-Man won't happen... we should have got it in 09... too bad Wright moved on to other things. All we are getting is Wolverine next summer.

10. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I still wonder how Marvel is going to set-up the Avengers since this is going to be set in Asgard and medieval Scandanavia. Its going to be weird if Thor just suddenly shows up on present day Earth in that film.

11. The_Mystery

The_Mystery Well-Known Member

They could treat it like the first issue of the Avengers reboot with Buisek/Perez and have Thor finding "this" worlds greatest heroes to defeat Loki and his army of mythical creatures threatening to descend on our reality. Afterwards, seeing the bravery and valor the Avengers fight with, he could decide to remain behind and protect this world. That way, you have Cap's storyline of readjusting to modern day, Thor discovering a love for humanity, Tony learning work within a team atmosphere, Hulk continuing his redemption quest and then throw in the marital strife between Wasp and Hank. That's alot of meat and would make it an epic movie. Have the final confrontation between the Avengers and Loki borrow from the Ultimates battle from the end of the 2nd volume.

12. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Who's to say he even disapeared in the 1st place? What if he always been there just protecting a small area of the Scandinavion country's? :woot:

13. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I think something like that could work. Something where he occasionally intervenes in world affairs, but remain widely remains unknown. Maybe increasing those activities in recent years which leads to SHIELD investigating this. Only to learn that the God of Thunder is real. And in the context of a Thor cameo in Iron Man 2, Fury sends Stark to recruit him.

14. Katsuro

Katsuro Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet there'll be a direct-to-DVD movie about Thor that comes out about the same time as Marvel's Thor.

But yeah, anyone can do a movie about the Norse God's, such as Thor, but only Marvel can do their Thor character, which is a bit different from the mythological Thor. The mythological Thor had red hair and a red beard, for example. He also woudlnt' be able to wear the costume that the comic-book Thor does.

15. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Actually There WILL be a animated Son of Asgard Moive next Sep. 2009.

16. Ben Breeck

Ben Breeck Well-Known Member

And so did he during the Walt Simonson era and off and on since.

17. samsnee

samsnee Well-Known Member

So is Vaughan out as a director? When did this happen?

18. Rac

Rac Deadite

Last December. His contract/holding deal expired and Marvel didn't renew it.

19. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

And yet Vaughn was still speaking about this Thor movie in March, when he told Empire it was on hold. Do you really think he didn't know then his deal hadn't expired? Wake up and smell the truth! :oldrazz:

20. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Maybe he was still hoping to be director, Who knows.