Thor expected to be "biggest" Marvel Studios film to date!

Just gonna go ahead and bump this so I can subscribe. :oldrazz:I'm really curious about how things go with this movie. As of now Marvel doesn't have anything for next summer besides Ant-man and I haven't heard much about that one in a while.

Doesnt Wolverine count as next summer? In May

I actually got it off the Thor boards. It should be on Hype's page .but I never go there. lol it's straight to the messege boards

I find it interesting that everyone is giving Marvel breathing room to do a Thor movie. With no Donald Blake and basing it mostly in Norse mythology, ANYONE can do a Thor film if they want to. I know Marvel has the fan base but the Norse god of thunder is open domain. It's like when competing studios made movies about Wyatt Earp years ago. (Tombstone skunked Kevin Costner's version) Thor, Odin and Loki can't be copyrighted as mythological characters.

That's Fox, not Marvel studios. Although they may have Antman out next summer.

i doubt it. Unless it's some sort of big secret, they havent even started on pre-production or principal photography.

I find it interesting that everyone is giving Marvel breathing room to do a Thor movie. With no Donald Blake and basing it mostly in Norse mythology, ANYONE can do a Thor film if they want to. I know Marvel has the fan base but the Norse god of thunder is open domain. It's like when competing studios made movies about Wyatt Earp years ago. (Tombstone skunked Kevin Costner's version) Thor, Odin and Loki can't be copyrighted as mythological characters.

YES the Myth's can't be Copyrighted, BUT, Marvel has thier OWN versions which ARE copyrighted, same with DC. Marvel's version just happens to be the most popular.

Doesnt Wolverine count as next summer? In May
There are going to be ALOT of Superhero movies out in the next few years, I doubt the other studios are going to let the contracts go too soon.
I'm not even sure what's supposed to be out Other than Wolverine, and Surfer from the other studios.

Ant-Man won't happen... we should have got it in 09... too bad Wright moved on to other things. All we are getting is Wolverine next summer.

I still wonder how Marvel is going to set-up the Avengers since this is going to be set in Asgard and medieval Scandanavia. Its going to be weird if Thor just suddenly shows up on present day Earth in that film.

They could treat it like the first issue of the Avengers reboot with Buisek/Perez and have Thor finding "this" worlds greatest heroes to defeat Loki and his army of mythical creatures threatening to descend on our reality. Afterwards, seeing the bravery and valor the Avengers fight with, he could decide to remain behind and protect this world. That way, you have Cap's storyline of readjusting to modern day, Thor discovering a love for humanity, Tony learning work within a team atmosphere, Hulk continuing his redemption quest and then throw in the marital strife between Wasp and Hank. That's alot of meat and would make it an epic movie. Have the final confrontation between the Avengers and Loki borrow from the Ultimates battle from the end of the 2nd volume.

I still wonder how Marvel is going to set-up the Avengers since this is going to be set in Asgard and medieval Scandanavia. Its going to be weird if Thor just suddenly shows up on present day Earth in that film.
Who's to say he even disapeared in the 1st place? What if he always been there just protecting a small area of the Scandinavion country's? :woot:

Vartha said:
Who's to say he even disapeared in the 1st place? What if he always been there just protecting a small area of the Scandinavion country's?

I think something like that could work. Something where he occasionally intervenes in world affairs, but remain widely remains unknown. Maybe increasing those activities in recent years which leads to SHIELD investigating this. Only to learn that the God of Thunder is real. And in the context of a Thor cameo in Iron Man 2, Fury sends Stark to recruit him.

I'm willing to bet there'll be a direct-to-DVD movie about Thor that comes out about the same time as Marvel's Thor.

But yeah, anyone can do a movie about the Norse God's, such as Thor, but only Marvel can do their Thor character, which is a bit different from the mythological Thor. The mythological Thor had red hair and a red beard, for example. He also woudlnt' be able to wear the costume that the comic-book Thor does.

I'm willing to bet there'll be a direct-to-DVD movie about Thor that comes out about the same time as Marvel's Thor.

But yeah, anyone can do a movie about the Norse God's, such as Thor, but only Marvel can do their Thor character, which is a bit different from the mythological Thor. The mythological Thor had red hair and a red beard, for example. He also woudlnt' be able to wear the costume that the comic-book Thor does.
Actually There WILL be a animated Son of Asgard Moive next Sep. 2009.

But yeah, anyone can do a movie about the Norse God's, such as Thor, but only Marvel can do their Thor character, which is a bit different from the mythological Thor. The mythological Thor had red hair and a red beard, for example.

And so did he during the Walt Simonson era and off and on since.

So is Vaughan out as a director? When did this happen?

Last December. His contract/holding deal expired and Marvel didn't renew it.

Last December. His contract/holding deal expired and Marvel didn't renew it.

And yet Vaughn was still speaking about this Thor movie in March, when he told Empire it was on hold. Do you really think he didn't know then his deal hadn't expired? Wake up and smell the truth! :oldrazz:

Maybe he was still hoping to be director, Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"