Thor expected to be "biggest" Marvel Studios film to date!

Na I doubt it's Vaughn. You have to figure, Marvel wants to make this thier LotR, they may be thinking through what they may need to do to achieve that.

Like I've said, Even if Vaughn does back out, Rami Would be a FANTASIC director. If you saw the Lendary Journey's of Hercules, the season with Asgard and the Asgardians, the look was FANTASIC for a low budget, imagine what he could do with a bigger budget.

We need news on this soon. I want to know what Marvel movie to expect in 2009

What is the deal with these projects? I mean at this rate we are looking at a low budget movie released through Marvel that may not even be based on a major comic book. Maybe Ant-Man at best. And if they continue to sit while Fox/Sony/WB snag 2010 release dates Marvel will have to go one in-house in 2010 again. Its better to wait but the longer it takes the less likely it is that they will be able to create the huge Marvel scope that they had originally mapped out.

What is the deal with these projects? I mean at this rate we are looking at a low budget movie released through Marvel that may not even be based on a major comic book.
If the opening of Iron Man will be big as everyone expects, we will be hearing news about new projects soon.

I hope vaughn sticks with thor because i reallly want to see a thor movie happen next year since all we have so far is just wolverine which is kinda bleh to me and gi joe looks pretty lame to so i would love to see thor in there and blow them out of the water.

If the opening of Iron Man will be big as everyone expects, we will be hearing news about new projects soon.
Fingers remain crossed Antonello, My fingers remain crossed.
makes it hard to do anything tho.:woot:

So, they're waiting to see how Hulk and Iron Man perform? Why are they suddenly waiting, they weren't waiting before?

And Vaughn is moving on because of the SAG strike, and yet he is moving on to another movie that would also be hit by the SAG strike. Doesn't sound like the real reason he's moving on.

Isn't it pretty obvious Vaughn has 'done an X3' and left the project? It was becoming problematic - way over budget and also he described the movie as 'silly'... either he's walked or been pushed. Unless someone else knows otherwise I'm very suspicious over this 'holding pattern.'

So, they're waiting to see how Hulk and Iron Man perform? Why are they suddenly waiting, they weren't waiting before?

And Vaughn is moving on because of the SAG strike, and yet he is moving on to another movie that would also be hit by the SAG strike. Doesn't sound like the real reason he's moving on.

Isn't it pretty obvious Vaughn has 'done an X3' and left the project? It was becoming problematic - way over budget and also he described the movie as 'silly'... either he's walked or been pushed. Unless someone else knows otherwise I'm very suspicious over this 'holding pattern.'

Do you get the feel that Vaughn is a bit of a diva? I don't know. I know they were having budget concerns. Vaughn once said that without rewrites Thor would cost $300 million. He may have been kidding, but his point was clear. Marvel also wanted to wait to see if IM and TIH would be profitable. For a studio just starting, 2 $150 million+ flops would ruin. I can understand why they're taking their time, but I hate it. I'd love to see a Cap and Thor movie in 2009, then Avengers in 2011.

Well I can wait for Thor to be made because I'd rather it be done well than slapped together. I'm not sure it's all Vaughn, it could just be Marvel waiting on IM and Hulk's profits to come in.

Well I can wait for Thor to be made because I'd rather it be done well than slapped together. I'm not sure it's all Vaughn, it could just be Marvel waiting on IM and Hulk's profits to come in.

But why would Hulk and Iron Man's profits have anything to do with Thor?

Thor is an entirely different project. He hasn't yet been seen on film (apart from that crappy Hulk TV movie appearance) and is a Norse god so this movie should be more in the vein of LoTR/Troy/Alexander.

How Thor is received is unconnected to how a second Hulk movie does and how an Iron Man movie is received.

But I am suspicious over this holding pattern.

Thor is an entirely different project. He hasn't yet been seen on film (apart from that crappy Hulk TV movie appearance) and is a Norse god so this movie should be more in the vein of LoTR/Troy/Alexander.

How Thor is received is unconnected to how a second Hulk movie does and how an Iron Man movie is received.

On the contrary.

All Marvel movie projects need money. They're not exactly cheap.

IF IM and Hulk flop Marvel wouldn't want to make a Thor movie. Which is HIGHLY unlikely that'll happen, but, they are taking procautions.

Wait...who is Vince playing? Loki right? He's not playing Thor....right? That would be laughable.

No Thor movie should be comparable to ALEXANDER or TROY at all.

People generally hated those movies. Alexander was a tremendous flop.

No Thor movie should be comparable to ALEXANDER or TROY at all.

People generally hated those movies. Alexander was a tremendous flop.

Agreed. And Alexander made even Troy look good.

Just gonna go ahead and bump this so I can subscribe. :oldrazz:I'm really curious about how things go with this movie. As of now Marvel doesn't have anything for next summer besides Ant-man and I haven't heard much about that one in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"