It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not blurt it out? I really don't understand your hesitation, when we can't even get a reading on what it is you're talking about. I'm having to assume it's something minor that you're reading into too much, because I've seen the trailer umpteen times now, I've seen the costume in-person at Comic Con, I've seen the posters, I've compared them all together now and... got nothing.

why do i have a feeling i'm going to be severely disappointed in whatever it is he ends up spilling? sigh. calling it now.

why do i have a feeling i'm going to be severely disappointed in whatever it is he ends up spilling? sigh. calling it now.
My guess is, he's fixating on the chain mail-inspired texture of the suit and how it reads differently depending on the presentation (in-person vs. posters vs. trailers). If that's the case, then yes... nothing to see here, move along.

Is he trying to say, the suit changes colors or something ? Like when sunlight hits it it gets brighter ? :huh:

My guess is, he's fixating on the chain mail-inspired texture of the suit and how it reads differently depending on the presentation (in-person vs. posters vs. trailers). If that's the case, then yes... nothing to see here, move along.

Ok what if the yellow of the S is illuminated depending on Supes Power level?

of course, after he reads our debbie downer posts, he may just keep it to himself. meh, oh well.

i'm keeping an open mind about the suit transition. as long as it's explained in a way that makes it believable, i'll be on board. but def no "under civilian clothing" approach. that noise makes no sense at all.

No way to rule it out completely, but I'm going to say it's unlikely. The suit has already proven itself to be rather versatile depending on how & where it's photographed, with colours and detail level appearing different depending on what you're looking at. So, based on that, I'm going to say that your idea is probably not what's going on.

No way to rule it out completely, but I'm going to say it's unlikely. The suit has already proven itself to be rather versatile depending on how & where it's photographed, with colours and detail level appearing different depending on what you're looking at. So, based on that, I'm going to say that your idea is probably not what's going on.

yeah, it'd be too easy of a target for his enemies. all they would have to do is gang up and attack him when he's low on yellow. you don't want your enemies knowing that.

Snyder and co knew they had to update Superman without dishonouring what makes him Superman, and pre-New 52, I can't imagine them thinking what Superman needs to be successful is a new nano suit, and changing it drastically.

I'm not totally against the idea, I just think the practicality of the suit isn't something that needed addressing. So many super heroes wear their costume under their civilian clothes, if the only thing making it unbelievable for Clark is the fact that he has to stuff a cape down there as well, then that's a suspension of disbelief I think this film will have earnt by the time the aliens arrive at Earth in their spaceships, y'know?

Well all I noticed was that it does resemble armor more than I thought,the S shield,boots and wrist bands couldn't fit under clothes,also the detailing around the waist and thighs looks quite prominent,and the cape obviously,I also noticed from the close up screen of his boots when we hear"what do you think?",the boots have about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch high soles under the heels,and from the angle of his feet in the boots,I reckon lifts inside the boots as well,so he is getting at least 1 1/2 inches minimum extra height from the boots,because they are so well made,you don't notice it that much.

It's possible,although having a visual aid to any enemy seems strange,unless the suits original function as an under armor layer was to be bio linked to the wearer,by family crest? and can give or help store energy for the wearer,or a healing accelerator somehow?,so when he wears it under a yellow sun,it helps store energy?,or heals,maybe links biologically to him so he can hide or wear it at will,or by using the S key to activate it,bio nano???

Maybe I'll just stop now,beer has won the battle,I'm talking poo,please ignore:woot:

Who knows? It may end up something like that for all we know. That the suit basically works like a big solar-panel. The suit does appear to come off different in different lights, so maybe they put a spin on that. Not that the suit gives him powers, but rather collects it and focuses the energy. Does seem a little cheesy though.

Wouldn't bother me to be honest...he is powered by the sun...and he is charged so to speak. I mean, it would be odd in that it gave away his charge level, but so do cell phones...:)

The whole suit power thing doesn't make sense considering he accomplishes super feats without it (the bus, the oil rig). A power suit is a radical change to the fundamental mythos of Superman. I doubt they went anywhere close to that route. I certainly wouldn't get that impression from anything I have seen so far.

Oh....my....God. some of the ideas in here are crazy....

The whole suit power thing doesn't make sense considering he accomplishes super feats without it (the bus, the oil rig). A power suit is a radical change to the fundamental mythos of Superman. I doubt they went anywhere close to that route. I certainly wouldn't get that impression from anything I have seen so far.

I never suggested the powers came from the suit, just that the suit helped him collect more reserve solar-energy. It was an (unnecessary) idea based on that the suit looks more vibrant in sunlight as opposed to slightly dull when not. Is all.

I do think that the suit was designed to change color based on the lighting

I do think that the suit was designed to change color based on the lighting

Well, the metallic-like material does look very reflective, which was a good decision. It looks good and sort of reflects the enviroment (and situation) Supes is in. Pretty good idea.

Well, the metallic-like material does look very reflective, which was a good decision. It looks good and sort of reflects the enviroment (and situation) Supes is in. Pretty good idea.
It also adds more subtleties to the colour scheme. Unlike Reeve's tights, which were undeniably, unmistakably bright red, bright blue, and bright yellow, the texture and shades of this costume allow for more variety and more ambiguity, which seems to be in line with this film's mission statement.

if spidey with gloves and mask can do shirt rip-off and the audience buying it, I don’t see why supes can’t with this costume.

Even if they go with the nano suit spreading itself over his body idea, they could STILL do the classic shirt rip. The nano suit starts to transform itself or whatever, and he rips his shirt just as the emblem and chest area has spread.

I wouldn't mind the nano-tech suit idea.

even 52 Kara commented how, unlike Kryptonian clothing, Earth clothing DID NOT conform to the wearer's body.

so some kind of "intelligent" fabric wouldn't be that far fetched.

oh, and costumes can look different depending on the lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"