It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 3

i gotta say the \S/ design looks really great and 'manly'. i thought i liked SR \S/ better but MOS has won me over.

i gotta say the \S/ design looks really great and 'manly'. i thought i liked SR \S/ better but MOS has won me over.

Personally, I think the shield is the worst part of the MOS suit.

Personally, I think the shield is the worst part of the MOS suit.

Really? It's the least changed aspect. I don't know if you read comics or not, but the shield changes slightly with every artist and sometimes looks a little different from panel to panel. That same shield (at least one very similar with the dragon or serpent head at the top right of the form) has been used before in comics.

I showed it to my 2 yr old and he recognized it right away so it's not a complete departure.

Anyway, I'm not jumping on your case (tone is hard to read on these boards). I'm just surprised that anyone would have an issue with it. Whatevs though.

The \S/ is very well designed, not too top/bottom heavy, your eyes are usually drawn to the centre or along the contours, looks alien and not like a printed S, whilst still recognisable as Superman. It's objectively well designed. It's just not my \S/, at least, not yet.

From WB Canada's Facebook page:

429880_10152869746500085_316150769_n.jpg

2037_10152869746495085_1929757734_n.jpg

574611_10152869746585085_1498493220_n.jpg

A Thing of Beauty. Best Suit Ever.

meh. Repeat.

Last edited:
Rich colors. Too bad they are stripped off most of that richness in the actual film. Perhaps in the sequel we will have a more vibrant palette and as a result, the suit looking actually like above.

Rich colors. Too bad they are stripped off most of that richness in the actual film. Perhaps in the sequel we will have a more vibrant palette and as a result, the suit looking actually like above.

I've noticed that it's the promo images that have been severely darkened, but the actual trailers have great colors.

^ Oh I'm sure the suit will look great on film. I know what you mean about how in the trailers they kind of lose its "life" but I'm gonna way to see the film first. I really love this suit.

I like the new shield design although I personally would have gone alien-design all the way.

The more I see the suit, the more I believe that it is the best superhero costume that has been on the big screen.

Beautiful.

I can't say enough that the MOS suit is my favorite comic book film costume of all time.

Same here. Iron Man's suit is cool but less impressive because its easier to pull off.

MOS improved the comic book costume and made skin tights look awesome.

Easily my favourite Superman suit. The trunkless look is by far my favourite, and believe it or not makes me like the character more. I'm a fan of the new 52 design, minus the belt. I like the Injustice design as well, but again, minus the belt. The MOS suit handles that section the best. Snyder said they wanted to make Superman cool, and they have done that with the suit. It's not that much of a drastic departure, but for me it's been elevated.

Easily my favourite Superman suit. The trunkless look is by far my favourite, and believe it or not makes me like the character more. I'm a fan of the new 52 design, minus the belt. I like the Injustice design as well, but again, minus the belt. The MOS suit handles that section the best. Snyder said they wanted to make Superman cool, and they have done that with the suit. It's not that much of a drastic departure, but for me it's been elevated.

I like the new 52 suit as well. I think we may be the only ones haha.
:highfive:

I officially give up on trying to figure out what color they settled with in post for the suit. It just seems to change with every scene.

Attachments

• color1.jpg
    color1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 37
  • color2.jpg
    color2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 36
I officially give up on trying to figure out what color they settled with in post for the suit. It just seems to change with every scene.

doesn't look too much different to me...just lighting maybe

Sometimes it looks shinny, sometimes not. Sometimes it looks bright, sometimes it looks dark. Either the suit changes depending on the light, or they are altering the filter for different public releases. IDK

The darker blue is definitely cooler than the baby blue SR suit.

I've never had a problem with the SR suit, apart from how small the shield is but comparing to the MOS suit, yikes, it just looks plain bad.

I was never an fan of SR's cape as well. The only thing that I liked about it was the interior since it was comprised of some cloth-like looking material but the red leather used on the outside was a big no for me.

I've never had a problem with the SR suit, apart from how small the shield is but comparing to the MOS suit, yikes, it just looks plain bad.

Yeah..it looks cheap compared to the MoS suit.

The darker blue is definitely cooler than the baby blue SR suit.
The combination of light bright blue with dull red always made me :huh: when I looked at it. Completely befuddling design choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"