• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I've just been mugged..

Whirlysplat said:
:rolleyes: and your Ninjitsu helps right?

Why say stuff like this online? The guy has been mugged and your talking about your "tough guy act", Which trust me won't work in most pubs when you get old enough to go in them.

- Whirly

It works on kids. It works on groups of young guys, even if you're by yourself. Like I said earlier, you have to look at it case by case. If a huge ass bald guy with tattoes is looking for a fight, talking tough won't be very smart. But then again... *******s that look for fights, they look for meek people to fight with.

kainedamo said:
I have to say... I just don't think this is right. If you can fight back, fight back.

Some of these guys are real monsters. It was in the news the other week, about a group of three guys that killed two students for no reason at all! There was CCTV footage. The footage showed these men walking down the street at night, and these two guys just talking to each other on a corner. The head guy of the 3 man group just starts attacking one of them, punches him and he fell to the ground. The other guy backed off, holding his hand up. The other two guys ran over, proceeded to kick the guy on the ground, and then they attacked the other guy. The footage cuts off at that point. These guys made no attempt to fight back, but it didn't matter. These men are animals.

You just have to think about it like this. If a group of guys are willing to give you a black eye just for some change, what's to say they wouldn't kick the crap out of you just for kicks?

I agree, fight back. If they mug you, they are gonna keep doing it to you.

The guy punched me after he had my money. He did it for the sake of it really.

I heard one of them say 'What did you do that for?'

kainedamo said:
I don't agree with this. They are going to hurt him anyway. Who's to say they're not the type of *******s that would seriously injure someone regardless of whether they fought back or not?

If you can fight back, you should. I seriously think fighting back will save your life more often than just saying "yeah... sure... take my mobile and change... please don't hurt me".

I'm going to have to disagree with you, obviously. who's to say they're not the type that would seriously injure someone whether he fought back or not? cause they didn't... they took the change and left. if they had taken the change then tried to hurt him some more, I would say do your best, make them regret it.

and fighting back will not always save your life more than just giving it to them. he didn't know they didn't have a knife or a gun on them. he said it himself they were older and he was caught in the moment, didn't get the chance to react and fight back. why push it further. do I think he should take a self defense class so he knows what to do in case this happens again? definitely. hell I believe it should be required as part of human existence. but living under the notion that if anyone came up to you and asked for your money that you'd be able to fight them off no problem is not the right way to think. he could have fought back, lost, and walked away with a couple of cracked ribs, broken fingers, a cracked jaw, another black eye, or worse. he's safe, he's alive, he's uninjured for the most part (nothing that won't heal in a few days) and he's short 1.50. he's better prepared to handle these situations should they arise (hopefully they won't) and he's not walking around under the false pretense that he can beat everyone up and is safe from muggings unlike the rest of the world.

kainedamo said:
I have to say... I just don't think this is right. If you can fight back, fight back.

Some of these guys are real monsters. It was in the news the other week, about a group of three guys that killed two students for no reason at all! There was CCTV footage. The footage showed these men walking down the street at night, and these two guys just talking to each other on a corner. The head guy of the 3 man group just starts attacking one of them, punches him and he fell to the ground. The other guy backed off, holding his hand up. The other two guys ran over, proceeded to kick the guy on the ground, and then they attacked the other guy. The footage cuts off at that point. These guys made no attempt to fight back, but it didn't matter. These men are animals.

You just have to think about it like this. If a group of guys are willing to give you a black eye just for some change, what's to say they wouldn't kick the crap out of you just for kicks?

There is a time for fighting but you must always put logic before your movements. You have to think of where and how the fight will end before you do anything rash. It's not right for someone to just hit you, but you must think of how your reaction will affect the outcome.

Electrix said:
The guy punched me after he had my money. He did it for the sake of it really.

I heard one of them say 'What did you do that for?'

Exactly most of them did not want trouble. Therfore they were not going to hurt you seriously. However if you had panned this guy they would have probably all jumped you. You did the right thing, what the Police advise.

- Whirly

Electrix said:
Well not now...about 30 minutes ago.

I'd just been to the cinema with friends and walked because it isnt that far away...about 25 minute walk. Coming home, friend called for a KFC. Walked down a street and it had a park at the side with 4 lads there. They asked us if we had 'rislers' or something like that. Think its to do with smoking. We said no and I said 'I dont smoke'.

Carried on and got to a track. I heard footsteps because it was gravel and they jumped us. One threw me to the floor but didnt kick me and another got my friend who was on a bike. They got £10 from him. I'd been to the cinema and spent up. £5 for a drink and minstrels! Glad i bought them now! One grabbed me and asked for my money. I dont know why but I was calm and told him I only had change. I got it out and gave him it and then he felt my other pocket for my phone but I wouldnt give him that. Then another came up with a phone. Must have been filming it. Then the one who had me punched me in the face. I fell to the floor, then got straight back up and ran off. They also ran off.

They only got about £1.50 in change. It was my first 'punch'. I'd never been punched before because I stay away from all that. My hand is bleeding from the gravel when i went down and my eye is starting to swell and hurt slightly...is a little puffed up and I think its bloodshot in the corner a little.

I'm at home and everyone is in bed so I dont want to wake them up. They will probably ask me why I have a black eye tomorrow. My mum will flip and want to take me to the police station or something but it wont do anything. It's only £1. 50 and I dont know who they are.

My friend was more shocked and suprised than me. he kept asking if I was alright and I just kept saying 'Yeah I'm fine'. I think the lad who punched me had taken drugs or something. He didnt seem 'all there'.

I keep thinking about 'what if I ducked and then punched him in the stomach' but it was dark and I could hardy see a thing. Its slightly wierd because we had just seen 'The Break Up' which isnt your usual chick flick. We usually walk home in a group but some were staying at a friend house so they went the other way. We'd been at the park last week and some wannabe bad boys came so we knew it was a bad place, its just we'd done it plenty of times before so we'd got used to it.

Just thought I'd post because typing it and telling others it helping me think about it. Has anyone else been mugged or punched for drugs or stupidly little amounts of change?

:o you should have round house kicked him in the head, just like Chuck Norris. If I got mugged and then punched in the face, I open up a can of unholy whoop ass.

But it's nice to know you are okay, besides from a black eye.

Hey sorry to hear that Electrix.

I hope you're ok now. I would report at least their descriptions to police. Obviously they won't do too much about it now, but if these guys are regular muggers and others also report, something will happen sooner or later. It's not that hard to catch young muggers who act frequently and predominantly on local territory when the police have a few matching descriptions from different sources.

I only fight if there's choreography.

West%20Side%20Story.jpg

The point is, in any situation your health and safety are #1. If you are calm and try to work through it you are at the mercy of the muggers, but you are keeping it calm. If you decide, "Hell no, you ain't gettin mah monies!!" and fight back, you are now throwing your own health and safety to the wind and basically asking for a violent end to the situation. Does that make any sense? I'm kind of tired. :(

DOG LIPS said:
That's the point, you have NO idea how a situation may turn out. He got punched and lost change. Imagine if he hand kung-fu slapped one guy, and another guy pulled out a gun and shot him? What if they planned on going for money but wanted to try and get it done with numbers and keep the gun hidden, but then he pissed them off with the tough guy crap and they shot him? You're making the best point of all, you NEVER know what will happen in a situation like that. You are basically saying "No matter what, FIGHT!!!"

I guess maybe not "no matter what". It depends on the situation. Maybe I exaggerated in previous posts. It depends on the situation, you can't act like Bruce Willis in every situation.

It's just... I really, REALLY honestly believe that if more people decided to stand up for themselves in certain situations, they wouldn't become victims.

CrypticOne said:
I agree, fight back. If they mug you, they are gonna keep doing it to you.

You've never met really violent people have you.

- Whirly

DOG LIPS said:
The point is, in any situation your health and safety are #1. If you are calm and try to work through it you are at the mercy of the muggers, but you are keeping it calm. If you decide, "Hell no, you ain't gettin mah monies!!" and fight back, you are now throwing your own health and safety to the wind and basically asking for a violent end to the situation. Does that make any sense? I'm kind of tired. :(

perfect sense:up:

- Whirly

DOG LIPS said:

Makes sense to me.

DOG LIPS said:

Who are you? :confused: :(

Erzengel said:
Who are you? :confused: :(

He's Dog Lips, but he's Dog Lips after having his soul removed.

JLBats said:
He's Dog Lips, but he's Dog Lips after having his soul removed.

I like this Dog Lips he is very sensible

- Whirly

They extracted DL's essense from his ass. That's not Dog Lips posting anymore. :( It's a monster.

Erzengel said:
They extracted DL's essense from his ass. That's not Dog Lips posting anymore. :( It's a monster.

DOG LIPS ORDERS ARE TO TERMINATE. TERRRRRRRMINATE.

Whirlysplat said:
You've never met really violent people have you.

- Whirly

Hey, I live with violent people, and I am not proud to say that.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
Hey sorry to hear that Electrix.

I hope you're ok now. I would report at least their descriptions to police. Obviously they won't do too much about it now, but if these guys are regular muggers and others also report, something will happen sooner or later. It's not that hard to catch young muggers who act frequently and predominantly on local territory when the police have a few matching descriptions from different sources.

Some poor Brit got his throat slit on a date here in DC.It was 2 guys and the Brit was a big guy. It turns out that this could've been prevented because a woman was mugged prior gave them enough information to lead them to an address but the cops failed to follow through. :mad: :( The guy died :(

tzarinna said:
Some poor Brit got his throat slit on a date here in DC.It was 2 guys and the Brit was a big guy. It turns out that this could've been prevented because a woman was mugged prior gave them enough information to lead them to an address but the cops failed to follow through. :mad: :( The guy died :(

That sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"