Iron Man 2 Jackson Signs NINE Picture deal to play Fury

Jackson is in his sixties. He isn't a "real fighter".

Hell, 616 Fury is in his nineties if you follow continuity.

Jackson is portraying the movieverse Fury. Movieverse Fury is black, has a pach eye, is anywhere from 50 to 70 and, yes, he is a bit portly. That's all we know thus far.

You talk about Samuel Jackson, and you say that he have sixties :wow: !!!!! I have never noticed that he have this age, I give him easily 10 or 15 years younger, finally he is a good choice, I have changed my mind about him, he is in very good health for his age, big respect for Samuel Jackson for that.

if he gets 2 fat and outta shape there is always stunt doubles and CGI. Sam's a good actor. I'm a fan.

Back in early May, we got our first look at Samuel L. Jackson as S.H.I.E.L.D. Chief Nick Fury on the set of “Iron Man 2,” looking every bit the bad-ass in black leather and eyepatch — or at least, as bad-ass as someone can look when standing next to a giant donut.

Never mind the environment, we said, Nick Fury is sure to be kickin’ butt and taking names alongside Tony Stark in the “Iron Man” sequel, right? Not so, according to Jackson. In fact, when we caught up with the actor during an event commemorating the 20th anniversary of Spike Lee’s film “Do The Right Thing,” Jackson said fans will likely have to wait for “The Avengers” for Fury to see some action.

“Not this time, not yet,” Jackson told MTV News of the likelihood we’ll see his character become the action hero fans know in “Iron Man 2.” “We still haven’t moved Nick Fury into the bad-ass zone. He’s still just kind of a talker.”

Asked whether fans will have to wait until the superhero team-up in “The Avengers” to see Fury get ready to rumble, Jackson simply said, “Looking forward to that, yeah.”

Along with dropping some hints about Nick Fury’s potential brawl, Jackson also told MTV News that he’s done filming on the project, adding that most of his scenes were shot with Robert Downey Jr., but there were also a few with Scarlett Johansson, too.

With a nine-movie deal for Marvel Studios, it’s likely that we’ll see a lot more of Jackson’s character — and in more than just “Iron Man 2″ or “The Avengers.” Whether his roles in films like “Thor” and “The First Avenger: Captain America” will be similarly low on action or move Nick Fury into a more aggressive place in Marvel’s movie world remains to be seen, though.
SOURCE

Cool news! Just cheked it out before I came here. Was about to post it.

Anyway, I really don't mind that we may not see him in action until The Avengers. The build, I think, will be great! :up:

I don't mind that he doesn't have action.. keep the camera and action on Stark,Ivan,Widow and Rhodes :up:

Using this as the official Jackson/Fury thread...i just want to say one thing.

Jackson is the man.

Looking at the special feature that spotlights the Fury character, Jackson talks about wanting to kick some ass and says this basically mirrors his role in the Star Wars films, where first he sits there, then he talks some and then he gets to kick some ass.

I dont know why, but that really made me laugh. lol.

Cool I hink Sam Jackson is great as Nick Fury. Though Sam is in way to many movies now a days but whatever lol. I know some fans dont like the ultimate version of Nick Fury but I seen ignorant arguements on site like IMDB with Black Nick Fury vs White Nick Fury. I dont have a problem with sam jackson (ultimate Nick Fury) maybe cause I am black myself lol but I do have a question.

If Sam is Nick Fury how will he be in Cap America's movie. It takes place in World War era and well.. that was'nt the best of times for black folks. If I recall in the ultimate books when Cap is first brought back to life in the new century he makes a remark about Ultimate Nick Fury being black and having a position as head of Sheild. I don't know if Cap is racist but that is what I heard. Anyone know what I am talking about?

If I recall in the ultimate books when Cap is first brought back to life in the new century he makes a remark about Ultimate Nick Fury being black and having a position as head of Sheild. I don't know if Cap is racist but that is what I heard. Anyone know what I am talking about?
In the Ultimate universe Cap automatically assumes he is being tricked by the NAzis, and that the hospital is filled with actors pretending to be the American army. Fury being black is one of the things he mentioned, saying that there were no black men ranked higher than Captain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"