James Bond Ultimate Edition Dvd's....

Thanks Kev for the photos...

I don't know about anyone else, but with the whole Batman Anthology DVD Collection and now The Ultimate Bond DVD's and The Christopher Reeve Collection...My three fave. franchises have had utterly horrible DVD releases...

Why are you criticizing most of those logos? Those are the logos from the original releases - it's paying tribute to the original campaigns for these films!

Furious Styles said:
Thanks Kev for the photos...

I don't know about anyone else, but with the whole Batman Anthology DVD Collection and now The Ultimate Bond DVD's and The Christopher Reeve Collection...My three fave. franchises have had utterly horrible DVD releases...

The Region 2 Batman covers were fantastic, for some reason completely different to R1.

Agentsands77 said:
Why are you criticizing most of those logos? Those are the logos from the original releases - it's paying tribute to the original campaigns for these films!

Only some of them. And whether they are the original logos or not doesn't make the covers any better or worse.

Kevin Roegele said:
Only some of them. And whether they are the original logos or not doesn't make the covers any better or worse.
Tell me which ones weren't? The only one that I can notice that isn't the original lettering is FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE. And keeping the original logos is incredibly important to me, as a fan.

Agentsands77 said:
Tell me which ones weren't? The only one that I can notice that isn't the original lettering is FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE. And keeping the original logos is incredibly important to me, as a fan.

Moonraker, The Spy Who Loved Me, The Man with the Golden Gun, YOLT, OHMSS, DAF.

I like the original logos too, but sometimes they simply don't work with the rest of the cover design. The problem with these new uniform covers is that some of the logos work and some of them don't. It would be better if all the logos were done in the same font and style.

Kevin Roegele said:
Moonraker, The Spy Who Loved Me, The Man with the Golden Gun, YOLT, OHMSS, DAF.
Okay, in comparison, I stand corrected on YOLT. But OHMSS is dead on (see poster here), as is DAF (poster here), TMWTGG (poster here), TSWLM (poster here), and MR (poster here).

It would be better if all the logos were done in the same font and style.
I don't think so - the distinctive type face for all these films helps indicate the variety of this series. This is a series of intense variety, not uniformity, and I like to see those differences reflected in the title logos.

Geo7877 said:
Well, the UK has stricter censorship in terms of violence. I believe you can't show head butts, stuff like that. I'm sure the uncut versions are just the US releases.

I know that was previously the case, head-butt wise (the Episode 2 cut Obi-wan /Jango Fett head butt being a prime example) but they may have slackened the restriction of late; when watching BB again the other day I noticed (it hadn't occurred to me before then) they kept the headbutt of Falcone in the cut (theatrically and on the DVD).

It may only be in there still because it was impossible to cut (the butt comes just a beat before the 'I'm Batman' line) but the BBFC have mellowed somewhat of late so who knows?

And, yeah, SpyderDan, i've already seen the DVD's on sale individually (but I can only speak for region 2).

Personally, as someone who's only just finished collecting the previous entire DVD series: this new batch is gonna have to wait.

SUPERBENITEZ said:
And, yeah, SpyderDan, i've already seen the DVD's on sale individually (but I can only speak for region 2).

Okay. I'll have to keep an eye out.

fantanstic set, i have had it for some time.

Roger does a commentry on all his films..very entertaining..the picture and sound quality is top notch.

not to mention goldeneye and tommorrow never dies are uncut versions.

Agentsands77 said:
I don't think so - the distinctive type face for all these films helps indicate the variety of this series. This is a series of intense variety, not uniformity, and I like to see those differences reflected in the title logos.

But the covers are uniform, except for the logos. And are you really calling the Bond series one of 'intense variety'?

Kevin Roegele said:
But the covers are uniform, except for the logos.
I don't find that problematic in the least... they should be uniform, as if to match on a shelf, but it's not a problem having the titles in different fonts. They would still look like a matching set without the same font for every title.

And are you really calling the Bond series one of 'intense variety'?
Well, maybe "intense" variety is wrong, but the Bond series is one of pretty decent stylistic variety. For the most part, the Bond series does feel fairly varied. MOONRAKER versus FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, or LIVE AND LET DIE versus LICENCE TO KILL.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
fantanstic set, i have had it for some time.

Roger does a commentry on all his films..very entertaining..the picture and sound quality is top notch.

not to mention goldeneye and tommorrow never dies are uncut versions.

What exactly is uncut about them??

And I'm assuming the full sex scene is back in DAD, right? Though i think it was everywhere but the US..

interesting.. if the price is decent (and if they're at wal-mart/Target, etc., they should be), I'll definitely check out several. I've got several Bonds on VHS, but only moonraker & golden gun on dvd..

As I already have the series on DVD, I won't be rushing out to buy any of the new versions. When I do, I'll only pick up the essentials: Goldfinger, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights and Tomorrow Never Dies.

I'll re-purchase the entire series again on Blu-Ray.

Well, I'm not sure the DVDs will be available individually over here in the US.

Agentsands77 said:

They damn well better. I'm tired of seeing all these overpriced boxsets get released and then go out of print after a couple years.

Agentsands77 said:

So everyone who wants some Bond on DVD has to get Die Another Day at the same time?

Disgraceful.

Kevin Roegele said:
So everyone who wants some Bond on DVD has to get Die Another Day at the same time?

Disgraceful.

Wait a second you think "Tommorrow Never Dies" is essential, but hate "Die Another Day". Isn't that some sort of paradox?

Agentsands77 said:

That would be a crappy move if they werent released individually over here. Not everyone likes all 20 movies.

They didn't release them all individually when they re-released the Special Editions during DIE ANOTHER DAY's release, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't release them all individually now.

Agentsands77 said:
They didn't release them all individually when they re-released the Special Editions during DIE ANOTHER DAY's release, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't release them all individually now.

Yeah, but the originals arent even available now, are they?

Well I'm boycotting every release until they do individual discs. I'm not spending money on movies I already own. :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"