James Bond Ultimate Edition Dvd's....

ARE THERE ANY PLANS TO RELEASE THEM INDVIDUALLY NEXT YEAR?

Sorry, but I already have FRWL, Goldfinger and TSWLM on DVD and I need to pick up another good 5 of 'em, and of course they're scattered across ALL FOUR sets. So, when CR hits DVD are they going to release them seperately or continually screw us over thusly?

Nevermind. Saw it. I'll bide and wait a few months before I cave and buy at least one set then.

DACrowe said:
ARE THERE ANY PLANS TO RELEASE THEM INDVIDUALLY NEXT YEAR?

Sorry, but I already have FRWL, Goldfinger and TSWLM on DVD and I need to pick up another good 5 of 'em, and of course they're scattered across ALL FOUR sets. So, when CR hits DVD are they going to release them seperately or continually screw us over thusly?
Honestly, I'd buy FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, GOLDFINGER, and THE SPY WHO LOVED ME over again. The DVD picture quality is so improved, it's like watching different films.

ULTIMATE SCHMULTIMATE!

I just got me the box set 2, and NONE of the extras of DIE ANOTHER DAY were ported. In fact, there's no "Ministry of Propaganda" and "Mission Dossier" menus even.

Here's the Amazon complain that best describes the screw-up:

Following 19 excellent 2-disc sets, Sony lets us down badly with this one. Whereas the makers of the other Ultimate Editions have taken great care not to omit any of the previously released special features, a staggering two hours' worth of material from the previous 2-disc special edition of Die Another Day has vanished like Bond's invisible car.

Both audio commentaries (featuring director Lee Tamahori and producer Michael G Wilson, and actors Pierce Brosnan and Rosamund Pike respectively) and the "MI6 Datastream" (which cues in 19 behind-the-scenes featurettes at appropriate junctures, and displays on-screen information text throughout the film) are present and correct. So too are the documentaries Shaken and Stirred on Ice (25 minutes) and the fascinatingly in-depth From Script to Screen (50 minutes).

But where are the 75-minute documentary Inside Die Another Day; the storyboard to final shot comparisons and multi-angle views of scenes such as the hovercraft chase, car battle and innovative main title sequence; the trailers; the TV spots; Madonna's music video; the making of the music video; and the making of the 007: Nightfire PS2 game? I can't quite believe all this stuff has been missed out, but I've pinched myself, double-checked the review discs and the product information - no, there isn't a third disc that I haven't been sent.

This so-called Ultimate Edition throws us a few scraps to try and keep us happy: the "making of" featurettes Just Another Day (23 minutes), The British Touch: Bond Arrives in London (3 minutes) and On Location with Peter Lamont (14 minutes).

Finally!

DVD IGN reports that they're going to start releasing the Bond movies individually, starting with six titles. Hopefully, the rest will soon follow.

SpyderDan said:
Finally!

DVD IGN reports that they're going to start releasing the Bond movies individually, starting with six titles. Hopefully, the rest will soon follow.
Yeah, but they're only single discs, without the second disc bonus features.

Agentsands77 said:
Yeah, but they're only single discs, without the second disc bonus features.

Meh, I can live with that.

Well, what I know is that I don't buy DVDs for their covers.
People are really just overthinking this.

ULTIMATE SCHMULTIMATE!

I just got me the box set 2, and NONE of the extras of DIE ANOTHER DAY were ported. In fact, there's no "Ministry of Propaganda" and "Mission Dossier" menus even.

Here's the Amazon complain that best describes the screw-up:

Following 19 excellent 2-disc sets, Sony lets us down badly with this one. Whereas the makers of the other Ultimate Editions have taken great care not to omit any of the previously released special features, a staggering two hours' worth of material from the previous 2-disc special edition of Die Another Day has vanished like Bond's invisible car.

Both audio commentaries (featuring director Lee Tamahori and producer Michael G Wilson, and actors Pierce Brosnan and Rosamund Pike respectively) and the "MI6 Datastream" (which cues in 19 behind-the-scenes featurettes at appropriate junctures, and displays on-screen information text throughout the film) are present and correct. So too are the documentaries Shaken and Stirred on Ice (25 minutes) and the fascinatingly in-depth From Script to Screen (50 minutes).

But where are the 75-minute documentary Inside Die Another Day; the storyboard to final shot comparisons and multi-angle views of scenes such as the hovercraft chase, car battle and innovative main title sequence; the trailers; the TV spots; Madonna's music video; the making of the music video; and the making of the 007: Nightfire PS2 game? I can't quite believe all this stuff has been missed out, but I've pinched myself, double-checked the review discs and the product information - no, there isn't a third disc that I haven't been sent.

This so-called Ultimate Edition throws us a few scraps to try and keep us happy: the "making of" featurettes Just Another Day (23 minutes), The British Touch: Bond Arrives in London (3 minutes) and On Location with Peter Lamont (14 minutes).
My thoughts on this: there just wasn't enough room for everything. The UE disc 2 is pretty maxed out as is and the "Inside DAD" and multi-angle features just probably couldn't fit. Unfortunate, yes, but unlike the other films, the DAD SE is still available individually and I usually see them going for under $10. Used, it's probably around $5. So if anyone absolutely needs everything, you know where to find it. Actually, with the exception of the still galleries, NOTHING from the disc 2 of the SE is on the disc 2 of the UE. Also, as far as R1 is concerned the "From Script to Screen" and "Shaken and Stirred on Ice" documentaries are the first time they've been released in America.

The real shame is the lack of the Ministry of Propaganda section. It's listed on the back of the case, so why isn't it there? Don't know. But again, if you want everything, the old SE of DAD is going for pretty cheap these days. Pick it up, and you've got a 3 disc DAD set.

I already have the original DAD DVD, so I don't really care about the extras in the UE's

HMV is selling the 40-disc cardboard case set for £99.99 in the uk, luckily for christmas i received two £20 vouchers to bring the whole set down to £59.99!

shocking! :cwink:

My thoughts on this: there just wasn't enough room for everything. The UE disc 2 is pretty maxed out as is and the "Inside DAD" and multi-angle features just probably couldn't fit. Unfortunate, yes, but unlike the other films, the DAD SE is still available individually and I usually see them going for under $10. Used, it's probably around $5. So if anyone absolutely needs everything, you know where to find it. Actually, with the exception of the still galleries, NOTHING from the disc 2 of the SE is on the disc 2 of the UE. Also, as far as R1 is concerned the "From Script to Screen" and "Shaken and Stirred on Ice" documentaries are the first time they've been released in America.

The real shame is the lack of the Ministry of Propaganda section. It's listed on the back of the case, so why isn't it there? Don't know. But again, if you want everything, the old SE of DAD is going for pretty cheap these days. Pick it up, and you've got a 3 disc DAD set.

I don't care. It it doesn't have all, then it's not ULTIMATE. It's just Buy Another Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"