James Bond Ultimate Edition Dvd's....

Gammy79 said:
So you CAN'T buy them individually?

Not in the US. In the UK, not only can you get all 20 films individually, you can currently get two for the price of one! I just picked up OHMSS and FYEO which I'm watching (with Roger Moore commentary!) as I type. Amazing picture quality. Moore actually mentions that the bad guy in the pre-credits scene is Blofeld, then makes a point to call him, "the man who's not called Blofeld" from then on.

Great stuff.

Kevin Roegele said:
Not in the US. In the UK, not only can you get all 20 films individually, you can currently get two for the price of one! I just picked up OHMSS and FYEO which I'm watching (with Roger Moore commentary!) as I type. Amazing picture quality. Moore actually mentions that the bad guy in the pre-credits scene is Blofeld, then makes a point to call him, "the man who's not called Blofeld" from then on.

Great stuff.

That's crap :down

Not the movies, of course...great choices.
FYEO might be one of the only 2 Moore Bonds that I like, the other being TSWLM.

Gammy79 said:

I love Octopussy, it's like For Your Eyes Only 2, very much the same style. Live and Let Die is extremely popular for some reason, cool villains and music I guess. The Man with The Golden Gun is dull except for more great baddies. The Spy Who Loved Me is classic, and I'd argue Moonraker has two of the best action scenes in the series (the cable car and the opening no-parachute jump). A View to a Kill spends its whole time working around the fact that Moore is too old to do anything, and thus doesn't quite work. I like it though.

There is something to be said about Sir Roger Moore as James Bond 007. During the Citroen 2CV chase scene and right before the baddies knock Bond and Melina off the road and down the hillside, Moore nods his head and smiles at the villains as they catch up to him and Melina in the car and the villain driving the car has this huge smile on his face. It's hard to catch but it's a great moment IMHO.

what do people think of moores commentaries?

do you think they were more like an "old man recounting days long ago"?
which is true but he sounded more like your grandpa rambling about the war lol

but we have to give him points for being the only actor(brosnans are all recycled commentaries) to give commentaries recently( a year ago)

Gammy79 said:

I have to agree with you there.

Furious Styles said:
There is something to be said about Sir Roger Moore as James Bond 007. During the Citroen 2CV chase scene and right before the baddies knock Bond and Melina off the road and down the hillside, Moore nods his head and smiles at the villains as they catch up to him and Melina in the car and the villain driving the car has this huge smile on his face. It's hard to catch but it's a great moment IMHO.

It's not hard to catch at all, it's a medium shot with Moore in the middle. And it is great.

Gold Samurai said:
what do people think of moores commentaries?

do you think they were more like an "old man recounting days long ago"?

That's exactly what they are. Moore is a true English gent. He didn't do a lot of acting in the Bond role, he is very much that person.

Kevin Roegele said:
It's not hard to catch at all, it's a medium shot with Moore in the middle. And it is great.

No I didn't mean the Moore shot, I meant the one right after it, when they show the two villains reacting to Moore. The one man in the passenger side with the gun was unimpressed, but the driver on the other hand had a huge grin on his face. I dunno, it seemed like that to me anyways.

Furious Styles said:
No I didn't mean the Moore shot, I meant the one right after it, when they show the two villains reacting to Moore. The one man in the passenger side with the gun was unimpressed, but the driver on the other hand had a huge grin on his face. I dunno, it seemed like that to me anyways.

Oh right, sorry. I'll have to look for that. Easy as I now have the new FYEO DVD. :)

If you go to www.choicesuk.co.uk you can get them on buy one get one free , and if you type in "reward" on the voucher section the grand total comes to £113.

Bargain.

£200 for the attache is too expensive.

So I walked by the new James Bond dvd sets at Target last friday...intrigued by the look and having read about the juicy Moore commentaries, I picked up and examined the boxes...and they're out of order??!

And not only are they out of order, but there's only 5 movies per box set?!?!

If anyone's forgotten how to count, if you buy BOTH sets you'll only have 10 Bond movies!?!?!? And that includes 3...THREE Pierce Brosnan bonds, a Timothy Dalton, a George Lazenby (which I wouldn't mind)...

Do you get what i'm saying here????

Prognosticator said:
So I walked by the new James Bond dvd sets at Target last friday...intrigued by the look and having read about the juicy Moore commentaries, I picked up and examined the boxes...and they're out of order??!

And not only are they out of order, but there's only 5 movies per box set?!?!

If anyone's forgotten how to count, if you buy BOTH sets you'll only have 10 Bond movies!?!?!? And that includes 3...THREE Pierce Brosnan bonds, a Timothy Dalton, a George Lazenby (which I wouldn't mind)...

Do you get what i'm saying here????

The other 2 sets come out Dec. 12, also my thoughts on the order of the sets is probably because they wanted almost all the Bond actors in each set. Connery, Moore, Brosnan, Dalton in the first two and Lazenby in the 3rd.

I've bought so far Roger Moore's first 3 movies Live and Let Die, The Man With The Golden Gun and my favourite The Spy Who Loved Me. And I've just entered a competition to win a suitcase with all 20 official movies.
I've been loving the dvds, the picture and especially the sound quality are off the hook ! And the extras are really cool. More than anything I'm loving Roger Moore's audio commentary's, really funny and informative. He's so cool and such a nice guy.

I finally bought The Ultimate James Bond DVD Collection Vol. 2.... Seriously, who doesn't like Roger Moore. He is such a likable person. The DVD menus are simply amazing and the colour so vivid, it was a treat rewatching Dalton kick ass in LTK!

I predict Volume 3 will be the most popular. I mean you have, From Russia With Love, For Your Eyes Only, On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Goldeneye + Live and Let Die. All considered to be the greatest Bond movies ever. Which leads me to conclude that the movies were not put in randomly.

Kevin Roegele said:
B000FIKUEI.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V51608592_.jpg

B000FIKX90.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V52763239_.jpg

You can tell the person who did these covers is a Connery-hater. :cmad:

MLX said:
I predict Volume 3 will be the most popular. I mean you have, From Russia With Love, For Your Eyes Only, On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Goldeneye + Live and Let Die. All considered to be the greatest Bond movies ever. Which leads me to conclude that the movies were not put in randomly.

They were not put in randomly, but it makes no sense to put all the best movies in one box. You put them all in seperate boxes, mixed with the lesser movies, so people have to buy all the boxes to get all the good movies.

For instance, if you were selling boxes of post-1998 Marvel movies, you wouldn't have Spider-Man 2, X-Men 2 and Blade in the same box. You'd have Spider-Man 2, Elektra and The Punisher in one box, X-Men 2, Blade II and Fantastic Four in another, and so on.

Catman said:
You can tell the person who did these covers is a Connery-hater. :cmad:

I can't believe that Thunderball cover was okayed. Not that it will stop me because I love Thunderball like a man might love his religion or his wife, but still....

Kevin Roegele said:
I can't believe that Thunderball cover was okayed. Not that it will stop me because I love Thunderball like a man might love his religion or his wife, but still....

I KNOW! They really hate Connery, huh? I wouldn't be surprised since not only did Connery sue Cubby and pretty much betrayed the family by doing Never Say Never Again but he was the ONLY James Bond actor not to attend Cubby's funeral.

But, regardless, of their hatred they can't treat Connery and his fans like that. If you look at the other covers you can tell Connery got the worst pictures. Every other Bond actor got a decent picture but Connery got the really bad ones. Well...except FRWL. That was a good photo and nice cover. But, everything else was crap. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"