Jason Momoa is Aquaman! - Part 6

Wow. I didn't know Jason knew Ezra since he was 14.

Lets hope he never picked him up like a wife over the threshold if you know what I mean...??:sly:

CTbUvFg.jpg

There's something I've been meaning to say since the first JL trailer dropped way back when, but now that I've seen the Heroes Trailer...

Momoa doesn't really look like he's gonna impress me as Aquaman. I'm still relatively new to the Aquaman character, my familiarity with him stemming from DC: Rebirth. That Aquaman I like, a guy who is diplomatic, intelligent, and level-headed and...well, clean cut :p

I feel like WB were so hell-bent on breaking away from the "dumb fish talker" image of Aquaman, they deliberately chose a guy who, while a decent enough actor, looks like a barbarian. That isn't Aquaman to the best of my knowledge (though someone else feel free to correct me), and when I saw that Heroes trailer, ugh...

"MAH MAN!!!"; *lands on Batmobile (somehow, out of freaking nowhere)* "YEAH!"

I...wat? I know this all moot at this point, but I just wanted to say it out loud.

There's something I've been meaning to say since the first JL trailer dropped way back when, but now that I've seen the Heroes Trailer...

Momoa doesn't really look like he's gonna impress me as Aquaman. I'm still relatively new to the Aquaman character, my familiarity with him stemming from DC: Rebirth. That Aquaman I like, a guy who is diplomatic, intelligent, and level-headed and...well, clean cut :p

I feel like WB were so hell-bent on breaking away from the "dumb fish talker" image of Aquaman, they deliberately chose a guy who, while a decent enough actor, looks like a barbarian. That isn't Aquaman to the best of my knowledge (though someone else feel free to correct me), and when I saw that Heroes trailer, ugh...

"MAH MAN!!!"; *lands on Batmobile (somehow, out of freaking nowhere)* "YEAH!"

I...wat? I know this all moot at this point, but I just wanted to say it out loud.

Peter David's & JL/JLU's mixed with
41uve4hAM0L.jpg

Well the look is certainly there. What about his personality?

That's what the Brave & the Bold image is for when he starts coming off like a surfer bro. There's also some New 52 standoff-ish demeanor within the confines of a guy who ferociously believes he's the greatest if I recall correctly.

That's what the Brave & the Bold image is for when he starts coming off like a surfer bro. There's also some New 52 standoff-ish demeanor within the confines of a guy who ferociously believes he's the greatest if I recall correctly.

Geez. No wonder people didn't like it.

Geez. No wonder people didn't like it.

Talking about the latter or former or that combo of the two?
Heard he starts off kinda in the New 52 vein, although clearly not quite because reshoots and ends in that flamboyant surfer hero.

Talking about the latter or former or that combo of the two?
Heard he starts off kinda in the New 52 vein, although clearly not quite because reshoots and ends in that flamboyant surfer hero.

Talking about the New 52 in general. Look, if that was his character at one point in the comics, then fine. I can't argue with canon. But it wouldn't have been my first choice is all.

Definitely stole the show last night from what I saw of him in Justice League. His portrayal of Arthur was badass. It was to the point but also playing the role of half-human/reluctant king of Atlantis he actually made Arthur look human but made him look like a badass loner who doesn't play well with others but rises to the occasion when danger ensues.

Yeah, I liked him quite a bit. Mera seems promising as well. Can't believe they initially cut the Mera and Arthur scene in JL. :doh:

Yeah, I liked him quite a bit. Mera seems promising as well. Can't believe they initially cut the Mera and Arthur scene in JL. :doh:

I'm still so pissed off at how many of his moments were cut

But cutting Mera too would be unthinkable...well to reasonable people

I mean, let's be honest. They pretty much redid the whole movie when Whedon turned up so unfortunately that inevitably means a lot of cuts

have to say i was very impressed with jason's aquaman
really hyped for his solo now

attitude, cool and bad***
All that was missing was some incredible feat with the sea creatures, but that'll most likely happen next time

I thought the underwater scene looked great too

I enjoyed the JL movie, had its flaws for sure but still a very fun movie. Jason’s Aquaman was one of my favorite parts of the film. I like that Aquaman is a little rough around the edges. Superman gives us the heroic figure, Batman is the dark brooding hero, Wonder Woman is the goddess, Flash is the funny one, Cyborg is the tech savvy one ( minus Bruce of course), and here comes Aquaman as the rouge loner that’s kind of sarcastic. Essentially I felt he was the Han Solo of the JL and I liked that about him. Can’t wait for his solo outing

Jason is definitely the best Aquaman we can ask for. Loved him as the bourbon drinking surfer prince

Yeah with Arthur being rough around the edges makes him not only a badass but a badass you can't help but get behind

I was disappointed that they didn't go in depth more with Arthur's character in JL but i'm sure Aquaman will address my concerns.

I was only dissapointed that he dropped that bottle of bourbon. Aquaman shouldn't litter! Lol

22639003_709472975929969_5411046828839796736_n.jpg

23967616_516555828702567_6001507203138191360_n.jpg

My bad. the photo was already post by other fans.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"