Jason Momoa is Aquaman! - Part 6

People care too much if actor is good or bad for such roles.

Only handful of characters needs good/great actors in comic book movies. Others is enough if they have charisma,charm,looks or whatever.

Cavill, Affleck, Gadot, Evans, Hemsworth etc. all servicable for such roles. Especially these movies aren't like TDK trilogy and more like classic comic book movies.

For a role like Joker, you need a top level talent. Wonderwoman/Aquaman not so much. Looks and charm are almost more important.

That almost seems like an insult to all of those actors...

I think so far most have given great performances as their characters why should we care if they are Oscar winners as long as they play the role they are given well?

I like Momoa as Aquaman cause he's such an unconventional choice that as soon as he was I was like that's brilliant.

Same. I think Jason will do a great job as Arthur!

Jaysus!!! He's freaking huge!
2l3wbMd.jpg

He's going to be so imposing on screen and I am so here for it!

Somthing wrong with himm... first off why he wearin swimming trunks to the gym for? :o

He's a badass Aquaman that's for sure

So word is that Aquamamoa will be a reluctant King and hero.

There's a right way to do this and a wrong way to do this.

The wrong way is Ryan Reynolds in Green Lantern. He was reluctant because he was unsure that he could conquer fear and spent the whole time running away because he was scared.

That will not work for Aquaman.

Aquaman should be reluctant hero to the surface world because he grew up on the surface world. He was considered a freak by the surface world. He understands how selfish, impulsive, and reactive the surface world is. He doesn't want the surface world to know that Atlantis exists because he wants avoid a war, because he knows that barring the intervention of surface dwelling meta-humans Atlantis will wipe out humanity. He doesn't want that because he's half human and he grew up on the surface. That's why he isn't superheroing it out in the spotlight. He's protecting both worlds in his own way.

Why doesn't he want to be King though? Maybe he is King, but he doesn't like administrative work. He wasn't raised to be a monarch, he doesn't want the responsibility, and frankly he finds it boring. Especially since he has Vulko and his brother (who is planning a coup) to rule in his stead. Maybe he wants to go on adventures, fight weird monsters, find buried treasures, protect a fishing village or two in his spare time.

Also he can't be away from the surface for too long because he gets homesick. Invert the trope that Aquaman is useless outside of water. Yeah, he loves the water, but he misses the surface because that's where he grew up. Now you've taken something about the character that people make fun of and turned it on his head.

Mera's role is too keep him tied to Atlantis. That's the wifey man. Sure you want to be out adventuring and doing your thing, but Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned. When she comes up to the surface looking for him it's because **** just got real on the home front.

It'd be cool if Wan were to combine the King Incognito and Royals Who Actually Do Something tropes for Aquaman.

Wan said he's looking to thew New52 for inspiration and I like the New52 Aquaman so i'm excited about this!

So word is that Aquamamoa will be a reluctant King and hero.

There's a right way to do this and a wrong way to do this.

The wrong way is Ryan Reynolds in Green Lantern. He was reluctant because he was unsure that he could conquer fear and spent the whole time running away because he was scared.

That will not work for Aquaman.

Aquaman should be reluctant hero to the surface world because he grew up on the surface world. He was considered a freak by the surface world. He understands how selfish, impulsive, and reactive the surface world is. He doesn't want the surface world to know that Atlantis exists because he wants avoid a war, because he knows that barring the intervention of surface dwelling meta-humans Atlantis will wipe out humanity. He doesn't want that because he's half human and he grew up on the surface. That's why he isn't superheroing it out in the spotlight. He's protecting both worlds in his own way.

Why doesn't he want to be King though? Maybe he is King, but he doesn't like administrative work. He wasn't raised to be a monarch, he doesn't want the responsibility, and frankly he finds it boring. Especially since he has Vulko and his brother (who is planning a coup) to rule in his stead. Maybe he wants to go on adventures, fight weird monsters, find buried treasures, protect a fishing village or two in his spare time.

Also he can't be away from the surface for too long because he gets homesick. Invert the trope that Aquaman is useless outside of water. Yeah, he loves the water, but he misses the surface because that's where he grew up. Now you've taken something about the character that people make fun of and turned it on his head.

Mera's role is too keep him tied to Atlantis. That's the wifey man. Sure you want to be out adventuring and doing your thing, but Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned. When she comes up to the surface looking for him it's because **** just got real on the home front.

It'd be cool if Wan were to combine the King Incognito and Royals Who Actually Do Something tropes for Aquaman.

He's as much a outsider among Atlanteans as he is among surface dwellers. Then there is that whole he's the next Kordax prophecy which makes him even more of a outsider.

Momoa's Aquaman I can't wait to see him...he's an outsider much like how Superman is an outsider in his society since Superman is an alien and Superman has been living among humans but becomes that reluctant hero much like how Momoa's Aquaman is half human half god essentially because he's the son of a human and an Atlantean queen...half man half god having these powers that he doesn't know how to deal with because he hasn't been properly trained

So as someone who knows nothing about Aquaman and Google has just made me more confused, which story are they going about him in relation to his parents and how he becomes king.

We actually have no idea but we think they'll go with the new 52 Aquaman story. Basically his dad is a human living on land and his mother is the queen of Atlantis. They've mentioned a lot about Aquaman being a reluctant king but we don't know exactly how that's going to come about. Maybe they'll follow the Throne of Atlantis.

Damn, I would kill to have a physique like that.
Dude's in amazing shape to be sure. Aquaman is going to go from least to most badass JL member in the space of probably just over 2 hours. :cool:

Dude's in amazing shape to be sure. Aquaman is going to go from least to most badass JL member in the space of probably just over 2 hours. :cool:

I can't wait until people jump on the bandwagon when they realize how awesome he is.

I just really want to see him in his own solo and if Justice League does well then people will definitely go and watch him as Aquaman

I'm so glad things are calm on the Aquaman front. Praise be!

I seriously cannot wait to see more footage of him as Aquaman.

[YT]zL7SobTAnuQ[/YT]

jason is so cool. there's a few jl bts shots in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"