Justice League Jason Momoa is Arthur Curry/Aquaman - Part 1

I don't care about him either. I'm just glad my boy Arthur is being liked by the GA right now.

Actually I find his reaction to be more "feral" or warrior like; like he's always ready for battle...
Ditto to this, that's how I took it as well.

Pretty much everything I liked about the trailer was due to Aquaman... though I'm still not completely sold on the movie (DCEU has burned me in the past when it comes to trailers), Aquaman remains one of my few spots of hope for the film.

No matter what happens, I know that Jason's going to kill it :)

As much as I liked his lines and tone, they did kinda make me think of..... *whisper it*... Lobo :D

giphy-16.gif

"Dressed like a bat? I dig it."

I swear until this moment, I thought he said "Just like a bat." Thanks for clearing that up. ;)

Momoa would've slayed as Lobo. Perfect fit in all aspects.

As much as I liked his lines and tone, they did kinda make me think of..... *whisper it*... Lobo :D

He's definitely more Lobo than he is Aquaman - visually speaking.

I swear until this moment, I thought he said "Just like a bat." Thanks for clearing that up. ;)
Ditto here (and I was totally confused as to why he was saying that... didn't make sense)... so, Krypton, I'll also add my thanks for clearing it up :)

Last edited:
I'm so mean because I want him to lose his hand and have to replace it with a harpoon.

Still irks me a bit that he's not golden blonde.

Well, he is Polynesian, there's no way to make him golden blond. I appreciate it that they found a way to make him blondish and give him blue eyes in a believable way.

Speaking of which, his eyes irked me in SDCC teaser, as there was that dead eye effect in scene with Bruce, but they look much better here.

Read Peter David's iconic run. And the personalilty is more or less in line with Geoff Johns run too.

Yup. Aquaman I grew up with. Still can't believe they went in this direction.

aquamansuperboy1.jpg

Jason's Aquaman is definitely in line with the warrior king version that came about in the 90's when it seemed like every character had this hardcore turn.

I'm digging Aquamomoa. But I'm concerned about Mera's depiction. Will she gel with him? Cause he seems like a rebel loner.

Do we know if they're married in this film?

I'm assuming the people who are making Lobo comparisons have...not read very many Lobo comics. Or Aquaman comics.

Or seen Lobo.

I'm digging Aquamomoa. But I'm concerned about Mera's depiction. Will she gel with him? Cause he seems like a rebel loner.

Do we know if they're married in this film?

Wan confirmed they were not married in his film. They won't like each other at first, according to Wan. I have no idea what's going on in JL.

I'm assuming the people who are making Lobo comparisons have...not read very many Lobo comics. Or Aquaman comics.

Or seen Lobo.

Definitely didn't read the ones you wrote. :o

Or seen Lobo.

Don't assume - it makes an ass out of you and, well, you.

They should give Aquaman a heavy metal theme song

Ditto here (and I was totally confused as to why he was saying that... didn't make sense)... so, Krypton, I'll also add my thanks for clearing it up :)

OMG I thought I was the only one!!! I was thinking, "do bats work together?"

:woot: an R-rated Aquaman

Still irks me a bit that he's not golden blonde.

IMO if Snyder went blonde the SJW will be on his a**.

They should give Aquaman a heavy metal theme song

He totally moved like a rock star when he took on the Parademons in the trailer (the first time he took on them)

[YT]ywmnfZTNSvw[/YT]

I reckon Momoa will move like the try scorer in this clip :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"