Jeffrey Wright IS Commissioner Gordon

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Barbara post-Crisis was the daughter of Gordon's biological brother. So even if they went that route, wouldn't she still be black?

Easy fix: Put Gordon in an interracial marriage. Then either Barbara is the adopted daughter of his brother in law, or she takes after her mother in the looks department.
(Note: I would not be against a black Batgirl. I'm just giving a solution to the "How to make her a red-haired white girl "problem.")

And there you go. Best confirmation you could've gotten.

That works for me. And of course Twitter is ablaze with "SJW woke" comments.

Precisely this. Of course they're not gonna make a Civil Rights biopic about Gordon being discriminated against in the Department. But they can weave it into the *subtext of the movie. You can imply it without outright saying it and you can still have Gordon rejecting the corrupt

As for Harvey Bullock:

View attachment 28786

John Leguizamo

Oooh, great suggestion.

It seems we're jumping the gun on the thread title, this film takes place earlier in Batman's career, correct? Why are we assuming he's going to be Commissioner at this point? Reeves only tweeted Gordon after all, not a title before his name.

It seems we're jumping the gun on the thread title, this film takes place earlier in Batman's career, correct? Why are we assuming he's going to be Commissioner at this point? Reeves only tweeted Gordon after all, not a title before his name.
Ehh, semantics

I'd be just fine if Reeves went ahead and cast Carmen Ejogo as his wife too.

Very, very underwhelming choice for me. Jeffrey Wright is a fantastic actor, but I just don't see him as Jim Gordon. I hope I can change my mind when the movie comes out.

I actually wanted Bryan Cranston for the role. It's such a perfect choice. Too bad he doesn't seem interested in the project.

I dunno about this casting. I always pictured Gordon as an Irish descendant. This is way off cours for me. I like the actor, but he doesn't scream Gordon to me.

MV5BMjA2Nzk2ODAxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzAyODIyMDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1503,1000_AL_.jpg

"I really don't picture him as Gordon at all."

Uh. Where have I heard something similar before in regards to a certain Batman villain...

Uh. Where have I heard something similar before in regards to a certain Batman villain...
I think that's not necessarily a catch all

Last edited:
It is judging an actor before seeing his performance in the role. In that way, it is preconceived.

Reinvention is something fanboys love to push back on until it comes out and everyone loves it.

It's either that or "Uhh, would have been a better Lucius".

I can't imagine why

Ah yes, because heaven forbid we have a non-caucasian Gordon for once. :o

I can't imagine how Batman 89 would do in the internet age. "A BLACK HARVEY DENT?! RABLE RABLE RABLE!"

Ah yes, because heaven forbid we have a non-caucasian Gordon for once. :o
It's either that or "Uhh, would have been a better Lucius".

I can't imagine why
is it wrong to prefer a white character be played by a white actor?
It is judging an actor before seeing his performance in the role. In that way, it is preconceived.
Isn't it preconceived to be praising an actor choice, saying they'll do well?
Reinvention is something fanboys love to push back on until it comes out and everyone loves it.
Or it coukd end up like Letoker and people continue making fun of it years later.

Or it coukd end up like Letoker and people continue making fun of it years later.
This has to be one of the worst counter-arguments I've ever heard. :funny:

Jeffrey Wright has terrific acting chops. Letoker was a combination of a number of things that eventually resulted in a horrible interpretation of the character, even Jared Leto's acting included.

It's not unreasonable to assume that Wright might deliver a good performance rather than a bad one. The former is more likely to happen than the latter given his previous roles. You seem to be presenting your opinion as neutral, yet it's clear you're disguising it as such because you dislike this choice that much and aren't willing to give it a chance thus far.

Never change, Batman fandom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"