The Avengers Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

I actually like the idea the idea of having Hawkeye not say anything until the film premieres. It would go well with reports of him being a scene stealer and the fact that this will be his legit debut on screen. We've seen what everyone else can do but him...so as a big Clint fan I love the idea of him being a dark horse and shine in whatever scene he's in.

Renner, make me proud.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, so I'm not sweating it about his lack of vocals. But, due to the fact Renner is quite the ham when it comes to interviews, I suspect we'll be seeing alot of him when it comes time to promote the movie on The Today's Show, David Letterman and so forth.

We better! lol. I'm surprised he wasnt mentioned in the ET preview

I'm just happy none of the trailers have him wearing those sunglasses we've seen in other marketing materials. They look too cheesy and remind me of Green Arrow from Smallville.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, so I'm not sweating it about his lack of vocals. But, due to the fact Renner is quite the ham when it comes to interviews, I suspect we'll be seeing alot of him when it comes time to promote the movie on The Today's Show, David Letterman and so forth.

Exactly, it could be accuracy over brute force that is required to bring the Leviathan down.

I'm just happy none of the trailers have him wearing those sunglasses we've seen in other marketing materials. They look too cheesy and remind me of Green Arrow from Smallville.

I second that. I feel like they'll be in the scene where he gets introduced...to amp up his badassery.

Well, Mission Impossible 4 should be coming out on DVD in the middle of April. People who skipped it in the theaters will more than likely catch it on the disc, so Jeremy Renner's star meter rating should be rising again, just in time for The Avengers. This is when Marvel/Disney should start sending him out to the talk show wolves. We might get War Horse too around that time, so perhaps they could send out Tom Hiddleston as well (his role in the movie was brief, but very unforgettable.

iykkuw.png

Bio: S.H.I.E.L.D.’s top sharpshooter, Clint Barton, has no interest in firearms. The agent code-named Hawkeye prefers to show off his skills with a compound bow, firing a complement of augmented arrows with perfect precision. And with a potential global catastrophe on the horizon, Hawkeye will need every arrow in his mechanized quiver to help keep Nick Fury’s Avengers on target.

http://colantotte.com/heroes/

Also, we see him smirk in one of those new promos. So he does have a personality!!

Lot of talk about Thor or Hulk being the one to stop the Leviathan but I wonder if maybe it has a small weak point that only a world class marksman can it.....

I want that to happen because it'd show how awesome Hawkeye is, but I'm not up for defending Hawkeye from the haters. :/

iykkuw.png

Bio: S.H.I.E.L.D.’s top sharpshooter, Clint Barton, has no interest in firearms. The agent code-named Hawkeye prefers to show off his skills with a compound bow, firing a complement of augmented arrows with perfect precision. And with a potential global catastrophe on the horizon, Hawkeye will need every arrow in his mechanized quiver to help keep Nick Fury’s Avengers on target.

http://colantotte.com/heroes/

Mechanized quiver? I had a theory about that a little while ago:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=20623579&postcount=693

I wonder what they mean by it. Maybe they mean quiver full of mechanized arrows.

Last edited:
Mechanized quiver? I had a theory about that a little while ago:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=20623579&postcount=693

I wonder what they mean by it. Maybe they mean quiver full of mechanized arrows.

Nah, they already specifically reference "AUGMENTED arrows" earlier in the paragraph, so they're already indicating that he'll have his trademark array of trick arrows. The mechanized quiver indicates something different....probably can quickly rotate arrows to give Hawkeye the proper trick arrow he needs; probably locks the arrows in place so they don't spill out every time Clint is knocked down; might even contain a sheaf of spare arrows below the main set to give him instant reload....things of that nature.

Honestly with Sam Jackson, Clark Gregg, Scarlett, Jeremy, Colbie. There is enough star power to carry a Shield movie. No reason why it wouldn't work with the right script/director.

Nah, they already specifically reference "AUGMENTED arrows" earlier in the paragraph, so they're already indicating that he'll have his trademark array of trick arrows. The mechanized quiver indicates something different....probably can quickly rotate arrows to give Hawkeye the proper trick arrow he needs; probably locks the arrows in place so they don't spill out every time Clint is knocked down; might even contain a sheaf of spare arrows below the main set to give him instant reload....things of that nature.

All of that makes sense to me. I hope that's the case. All of it.

The thing that always bothered me about Hawkeye (and Green Arrow) is this; ok, you have all of your trick arrows in the quiver ON YOUR BACK, yet, when you need a tranquilizer, tazer or a friggin punch glove arrow, you just take your hand to the back of your head and you know EXACTLY which arrow to pick??

I mean, sorry, I think Clint and Ollie are awesome; but am I the only one...??

Polux

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"