Jesus Married

TheSumOfGod said:
I figure God would need a girl with experience. :o

His mother was a virgin, and his wife was a ****e. Oh the irony. ;) :D

Mary was not a prostitute. She was just a woman who Jesus cast seven demons out of and who then followed him.

I don't know where the whole prostitute thing started from.

The Squirrel said:
Mary was not a prostitute. She was just a woman who Jesus cast seven demons out of and who then followed him.

I don't know where the whole prostitute thing started from.

People used to think that Mary Magdalena was the prostitute he saved from being stoned.

Son Of Logan said:
It's an abstract, esoteric thought. He's not literally saying he is god, he is stating that God is within us all. Don't believe me? Try this:

Psalms 82:6-7 I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

I've don't take that as he's speaking to us, it doesn't sound like he's talking to us at all. I've just read the whole Psalm and it seems to me like he's speaking to the demons, or satan or whatever. Basically they are God's who work wrongly. Thy are Gods but will be judged like men and fall just the same, which makes sense with the final judgements of them as spoken in Revelation. I could be wrong, but a quick read made me think of that.

JewishHobbit said:
I've don't take that as he's speaking to us, it doesn't sound like he's talking to us at all. I've just read the whole Psalm and it seems to me like he's speaking to the demons, or satan or whatever. Basically they are God's who work wrongly. Thy are Gods but will be judged like men and fall just the same, which makes sense with the final judgements of them as spoken in Revelation. I could be wrong, but a quick read made me think of that.

There are more than a few references in the Bible to specific people or mankind as a whole being referred to as gods. And if you look at many gnostic texts there are even more.

I don't consider the gnostic texts as anything other than some random writings, so so much for that. And as I said, that was after just reading that Psalm. There may be more, but I've not read them. It makes me think of when Jesus said that we can do all he does with Faith, but seldom do we because we dont have the faith. I think it's probably moreso just a play on words and terms though.

Man-Thing said:
I'm on the same side as you. I was just posing a question to Bison. I believe Jesus was/is God in the flesh.

oops.... sorry dude. :eek:

JewishHobbit said:
I hear that "Breaking the Da'Vinci Code" and "The Da'Vinci Deception" explain enough of the book to where you can read the rebuttals without reading the Da'Vinci Code and still know what it said. I plan on getting these eventually.

And I have something to ask real quick... what's wrong with the boards the past two days? I've never been on a religious topic where I wasn't being piled on by non-christians and feeling overwhelmed. It's kinda nice to see all the christians together. (and I'll even say it's been nice of Bison to remain cordial the whole time as well,though of a differant faith. Very respectful)

I wish the mods would start a religious section, where we could talk about our faith and how we came to it, and I think if someone came into the boards solely to heckle those that have belief then it would be up to the mod of that forum to ban him for his actions, because I don't know about everyone else but I do not like the way non-christians team up against people, but I do have an opinon on why I think they do, I think it comes down to fear, if we christians are right and there is a god and a heaven and a hell, where will they been for eternity for doubting, what we know to be real. Lets face it noone actively wants to go to Hell.

JewishHobbit said:
I am so sick of this excuse. Let's just disregard all writings older than, say 50 years. As you stated, things can change quickly or be misquoted or whatever, so let's just throw the Illyad in the trash. Let's assume the Constitution is garbage and trash it. Gallillayo and Da'Vinci didn't know anything, all their stuff's been messed up over the years, this just in, they were actually hippies lesbians living in China, I heard it from some guy who read it on the internet, so it must be more true than their actual writings!!!! And I've just heard that Da'Vinci was actually married to Cher, she was in one of his paintings! Let's throw out the book of Judas, it was misinterpreted back in the 20's by a guy named Doug. Let's throw out everything, the past is fake!! We're in the Matrix!

Good lord people. If you want to go against the Bible and go against God that's your right, but stop using this crack excuse and actually do some research or have some meaning. If you're against religion, fine, but know that it's a very important decision that shouldn't be just thrown aside. Check to see how accurate the curent Bible is to the oldest manuscripts. Find people who's done the work and can tell you what it says. Check to see what God's done for people in the here and now, the miracles or the signs. Check those people (like me) who's had first hand encounters with SPIRITUAL warfare, and then tell me that it's all fake and stuff that's just been documented wrong. Check or research those people who know the histories (and not Dan Brown because he's been shown to have failed horribly at getting his historical facts straight). If you decide to claim the bible's crap, do research and learn the facts before just throwing out the claim.
i would ask you if you knew what crack is but obviously...you do ;)

Jesus only got married after his ressurection,he returned to the earth realm and lowered his vibration just enough to exist as a physical being (which is how he appeared to his desciples). Joseph of Arimethea arranged a decoy to send to France, which promted the famous rumors that she lived there. Jesus and Mary moved to Kashmir where their identities were relatively unknown. There they had seven children and Jesus stayed with them until Mary died of old age. She is now known as the Ascended master Magda.

Or so say the people who claim to be able to commune with Jesus and other ascended masters. Of course most Christians will consider this New Age B.S. and skeptics will just call me crazy (which in all honesty, is quite possible).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"