The Dark Knight Rises Johnny Depp wants the Riddler role

Depp was the Riddler is easily one of the best casting idea's i've heard in a while.

Honestly if Cillian Murphy wasn't Scarecrow already I think he would be perfect as the Riddler. Everytime i read Lee Bermejo's Joker and the Riddler scene comes up, i immediately think of Murphy.

but yea Depp would be great as Riddler. hell, make him Joker for all i care he's a damn good actor so why not

I don't know about Depp as the Riddler. It could work, but I just don't see Nolan casting him. We'll just have to wait and see what happens, though. I for one, hope that Nolan goes for something a little bit unorthodox when it comes to the casting. Depp is an obvious choice for the role by fan popularity, but look at how an unpopular choice (at first) for The Joker turned out with Heath Ledger.

I like Depp but I think by now he's the least likely to be chosen by Nolan for the role because he's the most obvious/talked about. I think Nolan would want to give something unexpected and unmarred by preconceived ideas.

I know, but people don't seem to grasp that. I bet there are dozens of actors who share the same talent as Depp who would be interested in the role, but they just haven't spoken out about it. People seem to get the impression that because Depp expressed his interest through an interview, that he should get the part. I am willing to bet there are countless other great actors who feel the same way, but are holding back on saying anything in order to prevent any kind of hype. Because that's the last thing you'd want. It'd be embarrassing to say how much you'd like to play a part, but in the end not get it because you weren't right for it.

The Adam West series, though admittedly funny, sucked so horribly. I can not believe that anyone could take it seriously, its a JOKE! A mere parody of the shadow that Batman leaves behind. Never do I want to hear an actor going into a batman project reference that show... Please say it ain't so.

I've always wanted an older riddler...like robin williams or kevin spacey.
However if Johnny Depp wants it bad I'm sure he would give a great performance and I wouldn't mind since he is a great actor.

I like Depp but I think by now he's the least likely to be chosen by Nolan for the role because he's the most obvious/talked about. I think Nolan would want to give something unexpected and unmarred by preconceived ideas.
But can anyone really say they KNOW what Depp would do with the role? He's one of the most unconventional actors in Hollywood today.

I don't think Depp "wants it bad." He just expressed interest in it. Like I said before, I'm sure there are plenty of equally talented actors who are just as interested in it.

But can anyone really say they KNOW what Depp would do with the role? He's one of the most unconventional actors in Hollywood today.

:bow:

You always raise good points. Fair play.

Id love to see how Depp would be as riddler.

:hehe: You're so right! *high five*

The Adam West series, though admittedly funny, sucked so horribly. I can not believe that anyone could take it seriously, its a JOKE! A mere parody of the shadow that Batman leaves behind. Never do I want to hear an actor going into a batman project reference that show... Please say it ain't so.

Did you actually make this assessment based on the merit of the episodes and character portrayals, or are you like every other batfan who sees camp and colors and makes snap ignorant judgements?

I'm a big fan of depp, but i'm not sure i want him in a bat movie.

I was kinda hopin paul bettany would be in it. *shrugs*

I honestly love the Riddler, but I'm so tired of hearing Johnny Depps name tied to it, that I'm already sick of him.

Is it just me, or does Depp have a nack for being in bad movies? The guy's a great actor, but aside from the 1st Pirates movie and Public Enemies, I've found myself unimpressed with all of the films he's in.

It doesn't seem like he wants it, just that if approached he would be game.

Deep is a great actor and should be given the chance to play Riddler. He could make the character even better then what it was and more mainstream.

I love the idea of Depp and I'm pretty fond of Guy Pearce as well. Either or will do it for me.

Deep would be a genius for Riddler. Make him more of a cocky, arrogant, crazed man.

JohnWaters1.jpeg

14sld5.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"