Judge Dredd Reboot!! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. It's really an unknown at this stage. On the other hand I looked up Worthington recently and I just found out that he was born in England (I honestly didn't know), perhaps he may have a soft spot for the British made Rogue Trooper enough to push it through. We can only live in hope, I guess.

Maybe he read a few of them before moving to Aus, his like of the characters had to come from somewere I guess. Hope he gets it moving soon, although Avatar 2 & 3 are shooting soon.

Just watched it & very not bad at all. I liked it. The trailers definitely could have been edited better. Then what was released

Holy crap that trailer was so awesome. Why couldnt they have had a trailer like that when it came out in theatres? The marketing really murdered this movie, man.

Man that trailer was so good, much better than what we got for the cinema release, hopefully this drums up some interest in people buying the DVD/BD.

Still dying to see this movie. Barely missed the theatrical run, I'll definitely catch it on Blu-Ray though.

Still dying to see this movie. Barely missed the theatrical run, I'll definitely catch it on Blu-Ray though.

Its worth checking out, such a shame it didnt do well at the box office when you compare to some tripe that gets enormous figures and endless sequals.:dpf:

Watched the Total Recall remake yesterday. Have to say that I enjoyed it for the most part but was rather envious of it's rather nice [and expensive looking] production design and sfx, all the time thinking what something like that would've been like in this movie.

It would be nice but I actually dug the look in Dredd, it reminded me more of Robocop in a way.

I just watched the movie. And while I loved the movie for its grittiness, it did lack in overall entertainment and character development.

I just watched the movie. And while I loved the movie for its grittiness, it did lack in overall entertainment and character development.

I thought it had enough character developement from Judge Anderson, who goes from completely confident about going into the job of being a Judge to realizing that she isn't emotionally ready to do what they have to on a daily basis, and Judge Dredd realizing that the "unanimous" law that he represents isn't the right way to fight crime, but at the same time the RIGHT people for the job can't handle it.

And I thought it was a great, fun ride from start to finish. The twists were also unexpecting, seeing how it looked from the trailers to be a straightforward action plot.

I liked it a lot but I thought it lacked a great villain.
Mama is no Judge Death.

And now sadly due to morons who couldn't understand the concept that this had **** all to do with the Stallone piece of **** we'll never get a chance to see death

Yes I'm bloody bitter:cmad:

Great movie. A solid 10/10

Never got a chance to watch it in theaters and finally saw today. TheForgotten pretty much nailed why it was so effective.

As a story it's pretty standard, not something breathtaking
I like it, it's a good movie, but slow motion frames shook my enjoyment level a bit
The story would have been better as an episode of a TV show

I like Stallone's Judge Dredd more, goofy execution, but a more interesting -if not exciting- plot, and more fun to sit through

And I agree with Brian Braddock about Total Recall setting and budget for this movie

When I watched it for a second time the slo-mo stuff felt about half as long. To the point where it wasn't that noticeable as a 'gimmick'. It just kinda fits and doesn't feel distracting at all. I suppose you're waiting for those particular scenes the first time round so you're just giving it more attention (especially in 3D).

I just saw this today and it's a average action flick the plot was pretty straightforward there were no twist. I felt like I saw elements of training day, game of death and 21 blocks. However it lacked the great dialogue and star power of training day(Denzel Washington) and 21blocks (Bruce Willis) plus uniquness of game of death. Visually it was gritty and real which works when its present day but for a story taking place some years in the future the tech doesnt seem that far ahead. I thought Urban was great though I'm kinda surprised that his reputation in the movie as Dredd was only known by the other judges.

I like the concept of Judge Dredd I believe with the right people behind it could be a real marketable movie franchise.I think basically they went to far left if the Stallone movie went too far right. This franchise if it's ever going to be great needs to find a nice medium that is both gritty and real but at the same time entertaing with a story and dialogue that is more than generic.

^I'm pretty sure you mean 16 blocks.

Finally saw it today and I liked it a lot. Urban was great as Dredd and worked well with Thirlby. Found it odd that Kay didn't realize the security measure on the Lawgiver. People in the movie would know by now using it will not work especially the criminals.

Really would like to see a sequel with the two of them returning but seems highly doubtful at this point considering its boxoffice.

When I watched it for a second time the slo-mo stuff felt about half as long. To the point where it wasn't that noticeable as a 'gimmick'. It just kinda fits and doesn't feel distracting at all. I suppose you're waiting for those particular scenes the first time round so you're just giving it more attention (especially in 3D).
Expected nothing, waited for nothing. I entered the movie knowing nothing
Maybe on second view slow mo scenes would be less disturbing

^I went to see the movie twice at the cinema and both times the slow mo scene's didnt seem that long to me, I think it was a great gimmick to add something different to the story.

Overall I just love the movie. Even though I rate TDKR and The Avengers higher, I actually have more complaints about them than I do Dredd.

I hope lots of people buy this on Blu-Ray. Combine that with the positive reviews, I'm hoping for a miracle. Dredd is a labor of love. Best comic book movie of the year for me.

Expected nothing, waited for nothing. I entered the movie knowing nothing
Maybe on second view slow mo scenes would be less disturbing
I'm not sure about less disturbing. Though I think reviewers over-exaggerated the level of gore. I didn't find it much worse than Robocop.

movie was a lot of fun and was very entertaining. i really liked it.

i also developed a major crush on olivia thirlby during the film, though i don't think she's anything special outside the film. odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"