Judge Dredd Reboot!! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally saw the Stallone version...and It wasn't all that bad. It was a very 90's film.

It was pretty much that. lol Also I noticed when Dredd was being stripped of his title, it looks just like the scene when Thor was being stripped of his title. Branagh must be a fan. :o

As Dredd has taken around 20 million so far in total. Does anyone have an estimate to what the total box office might be and a guesstimate as to what DVD/Blu-Ray sales could be?

Obviously, I am eager for a sequel... ;)

So I finally saw the Stallone version...and It wasn't all that bad. It was a very 90's film.

...but you see, I can understand 90's comic book films like The Shadow, and The Phantom turning out the way they did. A film like Judge Dredd should've had the mood and grittiness of a 90's film like The Crow, or Desperado.

True yet it's still a 90's film, all the silly yet fun tropes are in Dredd. Sure it could've been like The Crow or films like that but it didn't and I don't really mind it.

The weekend numbers arent looking good, WOM just doesnt seem to be kicking in for this at the moment, damn shame, how can Ghost Rider: SOV make $130 million WW and yet Dredd doesnt look like it'll make $50 million, makes me sick.

SOV made $130 million? I've tried sitting through it twice but can only stomach it for 10 or 15 minutes. And I'm a Nick Cage fan who enjoyed the first film.

It almost feels like Dredd has been cursed movie-wise.

I can watch SOV when i'm not really concentrating on it, and I love Nic as well, but it wasnt even half as good as Dredd was, its a crime whats happening to Dredd at the BO.

I'm on hols in the states at the moment and the wom I've seen is really poor, outside universals city walk cinema people were mocking the poster and quoting sly. Same with a few talk show reviews only positive one I seen was because urban and trilby(sp) were guests

A real shame if something like this goes unnoticed. Hopefully DVD sales will come into affect

If Dredd was a more well known property over here it wouldn't have the Sly stigma. It's not a Batman or Spider-Man. I won't even front, the only way I found out about the comic back in the day was due to that pinball machine Williams made back in like 93.

As a comic-book adaption the Stallone movie is indeed way off&****** But I enjoy it as a movie on it's own..Although mostly cause of Sly since I was&still am a HUGE fan!

It's like with Arnold's Conan,They are way off But I love the films on their own and feel Arnold was awesome in the role!!

But with this film at least it really does the comics justice and that's f'n awesome,A true comic-book adaption!!

Yeah but even though Arnold's Conan might be off from some of the source material, it's still a fantastic movie regardless. Stallone's Dredd, on the other hand, is a terrible trash heap of a movie in general lol.

I think that even with it's faults, Dredd 3D manages to do what almost no R-rated remake manages to do in that it's a great film while still retaining the violence and brutality of the source material. Films like Conan, Total Recall, etc. (and I suspect RoboCop will fall into this) either A) get the violence right but screw up the story B) lose all the violence but kinda get the story right C) (and this is most common) dreadfully screw up both.

Dredd manages to get most (if not all) of it right IMO.

A real shame if something like this goes unnoticed. Hopefully DVD sales will come into affect

....this I don't doubt for a minute. Just as John Carter blew away dvd/ blu-ray sales charts, so will Dredd.

I guess this movie was always gonna have a very turbulent entrance in theatres, as the mainstream knows Judge Dredd mainly as a mega(pardon the pun) disastrous Stallone vehicle, and ignorant of the popular comic book that it is in the U.K., but at least Dredd was a solid flick, and in time(or instantaneously), it will become "the Judge Dredd movie" in the public consciousness.

Last edited:
^I hope thats the case, I really do, as this movie deserves to find an audience, and id deserves a sequel, but that latter seems unlikely at this point.

I cannot believe the box office numbers. It will become a cult classic, sell some DVDs,, hopefully at some point we will get another. I know Karl would come back. :huh::cmad:

....this I don't doubt for a minute. Just as John Carter blew away dvd/ blu-ray sales charts, so will Dredd.
That's another movie where marketing really screwed up its chances for strong box office numbers.

I wouldn't worry about Dredd bombing in the States. The film did 30 million in pre-sales to territories before it was shot, so it's fine in terms of making its budget back.

The upside to the BO flop is you'll have the Blu ray in your hands before Christmas.

I'd be over the moon if this came out on Blu before Christmas.

Yeah I think January will be the earliest this will come out on BD.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about Dredd bombing in the States. The film did 30 million in pre-sales to territories before it was shot, so it's fine in terms of making its budget back.

Could you elaborate? Do you have any links?

LOL, I have no clue why I crack up reading this.... What does it mean? how did it make money in pre-sales before it was shot?

It doesn't mean anything there is no such thing obviously. He's probably confused it with film funding . Either way according to mojo dredd has made $21 million ww.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"