Judge Dredd Reboot!! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a Dredd fan who is rich and is willing to fund this movie sequel? Why do all the Dredd fans have to be poor?

I'll never forgive Stallone for ruining the franchise.

Simon Pegg is a 2000AD fan I know that, but I dont think he is that rich. Other then that I couldnt tell you. Fans seem reluctant to put money into this type of stuff anyway.

We need studio thats willing to take a risk more than anything.

Isn't there a Dredd fan who is rich and is willing to fund this movie sequel? Why do all the Dredd fans have to be poor?

I'll never forgive Stallone for ruining the franchise.

Not many people have "a spare" 50million + to put up for a movie, if only:woot:

and yeah Stallone:doh:

How well did Dredd do on blu ray? I showed Dredd to my mum and she really liked it so I think the movie has mass crossover appeal.

Duncan Jones is a Dredd fan and wanted to make a Judge Dredd movie. Jones was asked to direct Dredd but turned it down because his idea for a Dredd movie was different even though he really liked the script.

^I doubt he would be willing to fund a sequel then and I dont imagine he is that rich. I would be interested in finding out the Dredd movie he wanted to make though, I have loved both of his movies so far.

Duncan Jones could always borrow some of his dads money.:oldrazz:

True, but hasnt for his movies so far and I think after a few more movies he wont need it!

Look at all the seminal sci-fi movies that Hollywood has made that have swiped stuff seen in 2000AD. The guys behind those movies arent even remotely interested in seeing these movies done right?

I've said it time and time again on these boards, if all these self-profressed 2000AD fans/actors/directors/producers got their acts together, they could make 2000AD movies formidable.

Dredd's problem is that Hollywood can't get it right and when they even come close they don't advertise it so it flops, making it a "hard to adapt" story.

^ I still cant believe how bad the marketing was for the last movie, its like they wanted it to fail. Thankfully, the movie has found an audience on the home market, though that doesnt mean we are getting a sequel unfortunately.

The 3D in most movies doesn't work well for me anyways so I ignore any 3D problems a movie has except those it directly causes like bad lighting/effects/scenes meant to capitalize on the fad.

^Yep, I enjoyed the 3D but in hindsight it was un-needed. More effort should have been put into marketing the movie and getting it out there to people.

They should try using kickstarter for a sequel. I know I'd donate some cashola.

Why couldn't a prospective production unit set up a public company with a share capital to raise finance for a movie? Members would be paid a dividend if it turned a profit, but if it didn't, they would still get to see the movie before the company was wound up.

I would happily chip in for a sequel to this, the first showed so much potential.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who chip in for a sequel, but they seem to be waiting for something. Another review of the BD/DVD sales perhaps?

They should release a DVD double set with Solomon Kane, subtitled "forgotten genre films".

^Both films are so under-rated its ridiculous. Would love to see a sequel to both as well, just watched SK today, such an awesome little film, like Dredd.

There needs to be another film with Karl Urban as Joe Dredd.

I really want another Judge Dredd movie with Karl Urban, but I don't want them to make it just for an extra bit of cash. Treat the sequel like the first and try to make it better. If they make the sequel quick and lazy, than just don't make one at all.

^I think they would treat it seriously and do it for the fans, its not like the first movie made million so they definately wouldnt be making it for an extra bit of cash, a sequel would actually be a huge risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"