Just how Strong/Powerful is Luke Cage

People! read the MarvelKnights HBOTMU it has him at 25ton class. sheesh!

That seems appropriate as he is supposed to be a heavy hitter, but at street level kind of involvement of supermatters. Having him be another class ten like spidey wouldnt do much for his standing as he cant fly, doesnt have much in the way of agility or fighting technique, has no energy powers or mental abilities and isnt even techno savvy. Being the resident smash man is good for him. Ironman is stronger but relies on his tech (obviously) and brains. Cap is the fighter, with Logan when he's around (always at the tower in spider-man, but never in the books in avengers...), Jessica is the all around power girl (maneuverability, strength, flight, energy discharge, mental manipulation - albeit involuntarily with her pheromones); and sentry and ronin can never return as far as I'm concerned.

Even with the full Norn power the Wrecker was never anywhere near Thor's strength. The original battle with Thor is the reason why the power can be redistributed by electricity. Thor tried to take the power away from him with the power of his hammer.

The Joker™ said:
That says Wonder Man is class 95.

I always thought he was class 100.

I mean he did this to Surfer.
He could still do that at 95 I would assume...however he is also energy, so its possible he flucuates

As has been stated before, the Marvel Directory site is mostly outdated. Their information is primarily taken from the Marvel Handbooks that came out in the 80s. Wonder Man got a boost in strength later on due to the changes in his ionic nature.

The Joker™ said:
That says Wonder Man is class 95.

I always thought he was class 100.

I mean he did this to Surfer.

Poor writing,...

Norrin has taken a beating by the Hulk and kept a convo going at the same time

GoldenAgeHero said:
he couldnt take colossus blows without being badly injured. seriously if an explosion(i you read the pulse) there was an explosion that knocked his arse and go unconscious

That blast almost leveled the building and he took a direct hit from it.

I belive that Luke Cage is a 2nd rate hero,before he got new exposure on New Avengers.I still doubt that he could really be a man of strength though.

Jourmugand said:
I belive that Luke Cage is a 2nd rate hero,before he got new exposure on New Avengers.I still doubt that he could really be a man of strength though.

What's that supposed to mean? Can you be more clear?

ShadowBoxing said:
He could still do that at 95 I would assume...however he is also energy, so its possible he flucuates

Imagine what Wonderman could do with a brick.

I bought the New Avangers one-shot book and I was pissed! They ripped me off! I thought there would be a story, not a freaking directory!!

Anyway, There was a four-armed freak in there called "barbarus" who is said to be able to lift/press 30 tons. An in the "user notes", Cage said that Barbarus is in his strength level.

He can lift up to 25 tons
Steel-Hard skin
Abnormally dense muscle and bone
Experienced Fighter
INT 2 Normal
STR 4 Superhuman up to 25 tons
SPE 2 Normal
DUR 5 Bulletproof
ENE 1 None
FIG 4 Experienced Fighter

what are the main differences between luke cage and collosus and why is collosus so much stronger if they powers are similar?

GoldenAgeHero said:
he couldnt take colossus blows without being badly injured. seriously if an explosion(i you read the pulse) there was an explosion that knocked his arse and go unconscious
SMH.

Luke cage could take what collossus could dish out because by feat,.. he was able TO FIGHT Wonderman while he was starved and weakened from freeing folk who were being forced to go thru the Powerman process without being critically injured.

In ref to the "explosion" :
It was a Energy beam of concussive force that was SUPPOSED TO KILL HIM.
It hit him and the splashback of it Broke Jessicas arm and left her beat up,.. while blowing out the side of a building.

An "Explosion" wouldn't have done more than Pissed him off.

(Chuckling @ the comic where cage smothered a Goblin Pumpkin Bomb in his hands and Spidey commenting on how fast Luke goes thru clothing.)

Jourmugand said:
Stop Hating just to stir up trouble.

Everyone has their favs and I feel folk should be adult enough to not bash others favs unless a thread is made specific for that.

This thread wasn't.

Odin's Lapdog said:
what are the main differences between luke cage and collosus and why is collosus so much stronger if they powers are similar?
?
One is a mutant,
One went thru a Process that gave him his powers,

One must change forms to be super,
The other is like that 24/7,

One is made of a techno-organic steel throughout his body,
The other has extremely strong skin, with bones, muscle, internal organs made denser and more durable than normal but he can still be hurt if enough concussive force can be brought to one point,

One is shown by feats to clear the 50 ton limit,
The other by feats should be in the high 30's but is stated to be a 25 tonner,

Peter Rasputin has 4 inches, 4 or 5 hundred pounds, 25+ tons of strength, and a costume over Luke Cage.

All Cage has over Peter is A faster healing rate, regular sex,... and a daughter.

Petes still banging Kitty.

It's not regular sex,....

For some reason i gave that a serious thought. I feel completely disturbed. You sick bastards.

Anyway the thing that bugs me is Moon knight and how he said the avenger west coast were the "B" team. I mean they had from what I remeber two power houses(iron man and wonderman) spider girl II(i believe julia carpenter) Hawkeye and others i can't remeber but, right there is a good team. I think its a much more competant team then they have now. Even though i like this team.

Yeah power man obviously has gone through a slight overhaul with the writer. Just accept that hes an avenger now. I do. I like the guy.

Luke ain't gonna be getting new ass, for awhile now that he's married.

Yep, sex during marriage is a myth, like unicorns and rainbows with pots of gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"