Just how Strong/Powerful is Luke Cage

Well we don't get hitch for another year give or take, so I'm gonna f--k like a rabbit til then!

Didn't you and the misses just have a kid? Be careful, the last thing you need is a set of Irish twins.

LOL! oh sh-t! that would be crazy, I don't think she'd be up for it again.

Anubis said:
Yep, sex during marriage is a myth, like unicorns and rainbows with pots of gold.

Not true my friend. You just have to have the right gal.

Yeah I know, just pokin fun at those who have to wake up every morning, with the same woman. Every day. For....the....rest....of....their....lives....or at least until you cheat on her with her younger and, lets face it, better looking sister. :)

^ I got a good woman for real homey, she my lil' Megan Goode.

Colossus was upgraded years ago to the Class 100 category. His 70 ton strength rating was when he was a teenager.

Silicon Surfer said:
Colossus was upgraded years ago to the Class 100 category. His 70 ton strength rating was when he was a teenager.
Always nice when SOME heroes can get a power upgrade and no-one comments,.. but have sumbody else COUGH CageCOUGH get put on the premier Marvel Superteam and suddenly folk come outta the woodwork whining that he shouldn't be an Avenger because his max strength is only 3 tons,....

Sheeesh!

Trying tofind that thread where we typed about the Black Cat and the White Rabbit being in the same book,.... I just realized "CLAWS" was IT!!!!!

Varient said:
?
One is a mutant,
One went thru a Process that gave him his powers,

One must change forms to be super,
The other is like that 24/7,

One is made of a techno-organic steel throughout his body,
The other has extremely strong skin, with bones, muscle, internal organs made denser and more durable than normal but he can still be hurt if enough concussive force can be brought to one point,

One is shown by feats to clear the 50 ton limit,
The other by feats should be in the high 30's but is stated to be a 25 tonner,

Peter Rasputin has 4 inches, 4 or 5 hundred pounds, 25+ tons of strength, and a costume over Luke Cage.

All Cage has over Peter is A faster healing rate, regular sex,... and a daughter.

I was pretty sure that Luke Cage actually heals slower than normal due to his increased density. Piotr heals at a normal rate or better.

But yeah Collossus is probably out of Cage's league.
-He's in the 100 ton range now (he was in the 70 ton range when he was a teen but adulthood and constant rigorous excercise brought it up to 100 apparently) Cage is rated in the 25-30 ton range (but personally I see him in the 50 range)
-Collosus' armored form is an organic metal all the way through and is considered to be roughly the same strength as osmium where Cage's skin is titanium hard.
-Collossus in armored form doesnt need to eat drink or breathe and his body does not produce fatigue poisons so he pretty much doesnt tire.
Cage's does need to eat drink sleep and breathe.
-Collossus is skilled in judo and has significant combat experience and training (from danger room training and just being an x-man)
Cage is an experienced fighter but hasnt had any formal training i dont think.
-Collossus is a longstanding member of the X-men and a former member of Excalibur and the Acoloytes.
Cage is a former member of heroes for hire and (possibly former) member of the Avengers, Half of whom he's currently at war with.
-Cage has a wife and daughter.
Collossus has a girlfriend (Kitty) and a son he probably doesnt know about. (who also may or may not be dead... anyone know what happened to that little dude? In case you guys dont know what i'm talking about he knocked up a savage land native some years back... long before his death. Later he saw her again and she had a son who was obviously Piotr's but he didnt realize... As far as i know the child has never been mentioned since.

So in the relationship department Cage wins but thats it. Everywhere else he's outmatched. Cage is still a cool character though.

One thing I've been wondering since we're on the Colosus comparison to Cage thing is, just how durable is cage? Colossus is listed as above Thor, and below Hulk in durability. Is Cage at Colossus's lvl, or around Thor's, or a bit less?

I do think tho Cage is underrated. I'll admit I haven't read as much on him as I didn't even know who he was until I got in comics enough to get back issues, and even then didn't care enough to read. After new Avengers I realized he was a good char, and started reading back on him and got a few older issues of the net, so still kinda playing catch up on him.

Eh,.. the last three stat listings say that he heals from injury in a third of the time for an average human,... so,.. if it takes you a month to heal from an injury,.. cage does it in ten days.

A carry over from the supersoldier portions of his testing that gave him his powers no doubt.

It also says that he used to be the same level as Spidey, but subsequent appearances have him greatly augmented. Kinda sucks that super strength keeps on going up and up leaving spidey behind. But I guess if you're only abilities are to punch and take hits, then you kinda need high levels.

yeah, spiderman never pulls new powers out of his ass.../sarc

Depends on whether Bendis has an erection at the time.

According to the most RECENT Civil War handbook, and the Avengers handbook (that came out a year ago), Luke Cage is listed as a Level 5 character and can bench press approximately 25 tons. I think during his stint during the Marvel Knights period he was updated to Class 75, but his skin was referred to as 'Diamond' hard which he isn't. IMO, he’s hardly what you call a 'Powerhouse', and i seriously think his membership on the current Avengers team needs to be revaluated. Being the 'Black Badass' of the team shouldn't really justify his membership . Colossus is listed as a level 6 character, and was stated in the House of M hand book to be able to lift 85 tons (Of course its arguable about whether or not the House of M handbook, is an official source). The same handbook stated Namor to be able to lift 100 tons, and the most recent C.W., stated the same about She Hulk. Marvel seemed to have nearly completely abandoned the traditional 'Class' system, preferring a less precise Level system. The level 6, which was traditionally associated with below 100 ton characters, now includes characters who have officially lifted WAY over a 100 tons. For, example Ultimate Colossus was stated as Level 6, while it was noted that he could lift thousands of tons with extreme effort. Other characters associated with the New Level 6 :

The Thing, Wonderman, Hyperion (Squadron Sinister), Drax the Destroyer (New Incarnation), Iron man, Colossus e.t.c

In other words, most of the characters who where believed to be UNABLE to lift 100 tons, probably can.

I read somewhere that batman doesn't even have super powers! Who cares if he's repetedly risked his life to save innocents, the b**** is light weight!

This is how strong Luke Cage is:cwink:

Poor Petey...so this is how Quesada will f-up their marriage.

I wish Joe Q would want Jessica Jones dead.

ShadowBoxing said:

damn,.... u ain't rite,............

ShadowBoxing said:
damn,.... u ain't rite,............double post,.. sorry
attachment.php

Attachments

• lmjt.JPG
    lmjt.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 38
Luke Cage is "accepted" at ti three tons by those who didn't read marvel team up where he tore the ladder off a fire engine and beat down a three strory brick building to keep a fire from spreading.

Luke Cage is accepted at three tons by those who didn't read the original title where he used his chain belt to pull a derailed e-train back up onto its track - it would simply be impossible to move three sections of train at 3 ton strength.

Luke Cage is accepted to be in the three ton range by those who didn't read classic Spiderman where Cage was hired by JJJ to capture Spiderman. Spiderman webbed him down ,.. a move that had held the scorpion,.. someone in Marvel Canon who was stronger than Spiderman. After Cage heard Spideys side of the story,.. he simply got up. 3 ton strength doesn't treat spideys web like tissue-paper.

Luke cage is accepted as being in the three ton range by those who rarely picked up a copy of H4H. In it cage shoved his hands through the hood of a big moving car that was trying to run him down and yanked the entire engine out. Only in a fantasy could one believe that someone had a max strength of three tons could rip out an 8 cyclinder ingine out of a movint 2 ton car, shearing the bolts that held it in place and snapping it off at the transmission like a stick of celery.

My point of course is throughout his career Cage has been doing stuff way outside of the "three ton range" but some die-hard __________________ need to believe that he is much weaker than displayed. You can't name any other hero that SO MANY people get wrong so casually as far as powers and abilities.

tsk.
i like dat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"