• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Just venting (this is a girl thread)....

ShadowBoxing

Avenger
Reaction score
It's not really a problem...but it's just weird. Anyways I hung out with this chick a few times, she and I really seemed to hit it off...but she's Hindu and arranged to be married to someone she's never met, and I guess that's going down soon.

Anyways it's not really an advice thread, since I already know what I am going to do....absolutely nothing. I mean what can you do? Nothing right...that choice was made long before I was even born. Just kind of stinks. My friends are setting me up with this other girl anyways...but damn, I mean I guess I feel like the only person this happens to, although I am sure that's not true.

It's just one of those weird cultural things, I mean she definitely seems to wants to marry this guy (despite knowing about as much about him as I do). But then to me it's totally crazy, and I have said as much (in a much nicer way).

:cmad: Mad smiley.

**** her.

From her knave to her CHOPS!:cmad:

JLBats said:
**** her.

From her knave to her CHOPS!:cmad:
I am not really mad at her. It's more of an anger/confusion at the whole Indian culture of arranged marriage and stuff. It just seems so stupid...and of course I get a first hand view of it.

ShadowBoxing said:
anger/confusion at the whole Indian culture of arranged marriage and stuff. It just seems so stupid

RACIST :cmad:

..only joking. This is the 21st century, give it a year and she'l probably be divorced.

mightiest_mortal said:
RACIST :cmad:

..only joking. This is the 21st century, give it a year and she'l probably be divorced.
Maybe....but I doubt it, nor am I waiting that long. She seems to believe in it pretty strongly and has convinced herself it's what's best.

I mean she was pretty excited about it when she told me. I've never had a problem making impressions with people, this is just a new experience for me...

It's also confusing because I consider myself fairly tolerant...yet for some reason I cannot see the good in this. It was easy to brush it off as a cultural thing when I never had to deal with it.

Don't frown, put it in the brown... and then she's all yours.

A Public Service Announcement...

start an extacy induced rave at the wedding,those people are so uptight,after they pogo all over the flowers and food they insist on cooking(they wont let people cook for them at things like this,at the resort they used a loading dock to cook for a wedding of a couple hundred people while the banquet kitchen hung out with a party of 50,they wouldent except any help,whats even more odd,the resort odred all the food and cl,eaned and preped it....it was bs,anyways) themselve that they will be spending to much time praying to bother with the wedding,in that time,go hang with that girl and mabey the shock(and the remaining x) will help you situation,and itll help you get some closer seeing all those head beads in strobes.Its not as hard as you tihnk,strobes can be plugged in easy,just pose as one of the guys setting up the place,get some speakers or jack the ones there,insert some scooter("behind the cow",just to drive it home and watch,itll be great and whats the worst that could happen,a couple elders who are for forced marrige die of dehydration? who gives a f***,itll be fun and beyond that they will keep it quite because there familys and people will denounce them and then guess what? she wont have to worry about forced marrige and youll already have your song.Im not jokeing,you outta try somthing like this atleast,dsgrace is a powerful thing with those people,mabey just play "behind the cow" and kis the girl really well in front of her husband,those people arent fighters.

no offfense shadowboxing you are a pansy, your whining about some indian ***** who you can't get with. I mean dude, get the hell over it. its sad to see a supposedly grown man, who has many options, cry over a girl he had a few drinks with.

Throw beer bottles at her.

Works everytime.

Eros said:
no offfense shadowboxing you are a pansy, your whining about some indian ***** who you can't get with. I mean dude, get the hell over it. its sad to see a supposedly grown man, who has many options, cry over a girl he had a few drinks with.
Go f*** yourself. One, we've had more than "a few drinks". Two, I honestly year would've preferred something different...and I will get over this, read my posts, I have no intention of doing anything about this.

Then why make the thread?

1057194_discovery_f.jpg

OOH OOH OOH.... Ive got a great idea :woot: if shes never actually met him before then she doesnt know what he looks like!
If you could find some way to.. i dont know.. "dispose" of him and maybe his family too, then you can take over his life and pretend to be him. Then it would be you marrying her! You could tell her you were only pretending to be somebody else so that you could get to know her before you married her. She'l think its really romantic :)

problem solved :woot:

when im good im good

ShadowBoxing said:
Now there a solution...that or the esctasy induced rave at the wedding.
Slipping her drugs is always a posibility, too.

ShadowBoxing said:
Go f*** yourself. One, we've had more than "a few drinks". Two, I honestly year would've preferred something different...and I will get over this, read my posts, I have no intention of doing anything about this.

dude you made a entire thread about how you couldn't hook up with an indian chick:o LOL

You gotta make your move man. Let her know you like her and make her second guess her marriage. Don't waste your time talking to us about it. Go Do You.

BRUTAL said:
Then why make the thread?
I just wanted to talk about it more or less...I have nothing else to do at the moment, and then I met my cousin's Hindu boyfriend over the weekend who wasn't arranged to marry anyone....so it was all just kind of in the back of my brain.

Then get her alone and heed my first post, otherwise quit b*tching about it and be a man.

mightiest_mortal said:
OOH OOH OOH.... Ive got a great idea :woot: if shes never actually met him before then she doesnt know what he looks like!
If you could find some way to.. i dont know.. "dispose" of him and maybe his family too, then you can take over his life and pretend to be him. Then it would be you marrying her! You could tell her you were only pretending to be somebody else so that you could get to know her before you married her. She'l think its really romantic :)

problem solved :woot:

when im good im good
I actually went to this Hindu party...yeah I did not stick out in that crowd.

ShadowBoxing said:
I just wanted to talk about it more or less...I have nothing else to do at the moment, and then I met my cousin's Hindu boyfriend over the weekend who wasn't arranged to marry anyone....so it was all just kind of in the back of my brain.

So your family has a thing for hindu people then?:huh:

BRUTAL said:
Then get her alone and heed my first post, otherwise quit b*tching about it and be a man.
I'll be fine tomorrow after I get drunk on New Year's Eve, meet whatever chicks this guy has at his house party tomorrow and then smoke my cigar....

ShadowBoxing said:
I actually went to this Hindu party...yeah I did not stick out in that crowd.
Well OBVIOUSLY youd need make up and a turban maybe... yeah and a beat box with a bit of Bangra playing for extra effect, thatd work :woot:

Eros said:
So your family has a thing for hindu people then?:huh:
I had no idea he was Hindu until I met him...but yeah I kind of have a thing for foreign chicks.

ShadowBoxing said:
I'll be fine tomorrow after I get drunk on New Year's Eve, meet whatever chicks this guy has at his house party tomorrow and then smoke my cigar....

dun get to attached to any of them, because you seem like a guy that falls in love easy lol:o

mightiest_mortal said:
Well OBVIOUSLY youd need make up and a turban maybe... yeah and a beat box with a bit of Bangra playing for extra effect, thatd work :woot:
I sounded like such an outsider asking the Hindu guy about the gods.

"So who's this guy with the six arms here"

"What about elephant face..baby...thing over there"

"What about that dude in the middle"

"Oh it's a chick...they all look alike"

"....I mean they don't, but ya know...ah forget it".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"