Kevin Feige: New movie announcement between IM and Hulk

Never understood what Captain America was all about, but it looks disgustingly patriotic. That costume would only work faithfully if it's set in the 40's and had a Watchmen-like approach.

Captain America's not disgustingly patriotic. He's always represented what the general feeling towards patriotism in the country was at the current time. Hence him punching Hitler in the face in his first appearance, and hence him being dead right now. He's always stood for the United States' ideals, not whoever was in power, in fact, he usually goes against them. And Ultimates Vol. 1 and 2 had the best take on the costume, from the 40's era to the present time, and they both worked great.

Punisher: War Zone isn't a Marvel Studios independent production, it's Columbia/Lions Gate.

Exactly. You can tell it's not a Marvel studios production due to the fact that it looks like ane enormous piece of crap that spits all over the comics.

Captain America's not disgustingly patriotic. He's always represented what the general feeling towards patriotism in the country was at the current time. Hence him punching Hitler in the face in his first appearance, and hence him being dead right now. He's always stood for the United States' ideals, not whoever was in power, in fact, he usually goes against them. And Ultimates Vol. 1 and 2 had the best take on the costume, from the 40's era to the present time, and they both worked great.

Still, alotta non-american cinema-goers who are not familiar with the character will be repelled by the stars and stripes and the potential patriotism.

I don't doubt the characters potential, but maybe if they labelled it a sci-fi action-spy thriller instead of a superhero-movie and played down his appearance a bit he would be more appealing to non-americans.
But of course, that would be an entirely new character then.

I dunno...

But compared to THOR and Ant Man he still sounds like a less than exciting character.

Exactly. You can tell it's not a Marvel studios production due to the fact that it looks like ane enormous piece of crap that spits all over the comics.

And what exactly are you basing this off? Three photos that have been released? Anyone with a strong opinion on the Punisher film at this early stage is destined for Bellevue.

As for what's next, I think Thor would work well, but if Ant-Man is at the level of production that it's supposedly at, they might as well run with it and try to slot it into the arse end of 09. I can see Thor, Cap and Iron Man 2 in 2010, then Avengers and Spider-Man 4 in 2011.

As for Captain America's overseas potential...I'm worried about it. I'm Australian and I just can't see the disdain for America in general put aside to gross well at all here. I can't speak for other countries, but unless they do something very subversive and play up the propaganda angle I can't see it selling.

My Cap concept would involve him in the 40's and the way he's treated as an idol, showing parallels to Nazi and Soviet propaganda. Then have him thawed out and plonked into modern society where he's been just another forgotten part of the history books with no genuine belief of his existence. I think there's a lot of potential for a run-in with protest groups and the like since he'd have missed the Social upheaval of the 60's...there could be some very interesting story within that if it's played right.

Well, the big announcement has been made, and they're not foolin' around, announcing their two releases for both summer 2010 and summer 2011. I called it right for summer 2010: Iron Man 2 and Thor. The First Avenger: Captain America and The Avengers will follow in summer 2011 - huge news that they announced those two.

I know. It's amazing. Iron Man 2 has already been greenlit. Aw, everything I wanted is coming true!

Well, the big announcement has been made, and they're not foolin' around, announcing their two releases for both summer 2010 and summer 2011. I called it right for summer 2010: Iron Man 2 and Thor. The First Avenger: Captain America and The Avengers will follow in summer 2011 - huge news that they announced those two.

I hope they squeeze Ant-Man in there, someplace. :woot:

I think they didn't give Ant-Man a release date yet because Edgar Wright is not exactly sure what he does next. Or has he decided to do the Scott Pilgrim movie next?

And what exactly are you basing this off? Three photos that have been released? Anyone with a strong opinion on the Punisher film at this early stage is destined for Bellevue.

The script leak. It's one of the worst scripts I've ever seen.

I hope they squeeze Ant-Man in there, someplace. :woot:

I for one don't want Marvel to clog up their already tight schedule for Ant-Man. To me, Ant-Man is just a very minor character, and it'd be better if he is introduced in The Avengers. Have Marvel focus their resource elsewhere, like Spider-man 4.

I for one don't want Marvel to clog up their already tight schedule for Ant-Man. To me, Ant-Man is just a very minor character, and it'd be better if he is introduced in The Avengers. Have Marvel focus their resource elsewhere, like Spider-man 4.

Marvel has very little to do with the Spider-Man movies.

A while back didn't Marvel say because of the writers strike, one film from Marvel Films would be released? Since Thor is coming out June 4,2010, would Ant-Man be the logical one to release in 2009? Basically the only film scheduled is X-Men Origins: Wolverine which is a Marvel character, but not under Marvel Films , but 20th Century Fox.

A while back didn't Marvel say because of the writers strike, one film from Marvel Films would be released? Since Thor is coming out June 4,2010, would Ant-Man be the logical one to release in 2009? Basically the only film scheduled is X-Men Origins: Wolverine which is a Marvel character, but not under Marvel Films , but 20th Century Fox.

well.. it depends on the directors schedule.. but ant-man would be the quickest to make i'd assume.

They WERE going to do one film, but they waited too long and now they aren't doing any. Not only that but it couldn't be Ant0Man anyway since Wright is busy with Scott Pilgrim.

Thanks guys. I thought that Wright was going to do another film, but wasn't sure. Maybe Ant-Man should wait till after Avengers.

Thanks guys. I thought that Wright was going to do another film, but wasn't sure. Maybe Ant-Man should wait till after Avengers.

psh... ant man has to come before dude or not at all

psh... ant man has to come before dude or not at all

Let me rephrase me words. I'd like to see it made before Avengers , but Ant-Man needs to be carefully done and not rushed just to have him before the Avengers. I know Wright has worked on the script and film for a few years, but still Ant-man needs to be done right and not throw out just so there is another Marvel movie that could hurt the franchise instead of building it.

I'd like to see the film before the second Iron Man, but a fat chance that will happen.

They WERE going to do one film, but they waited too long and now they aren't doing any. Not only that but it couldn't be Ant0Man anyway since Wright is busy with Scott Pilgrim.

Wright isn't directing though, just writing--and his script is done, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"