The Dark Knight Keyser Sushi Gets A Cookie

StorminNorman

Avenger
Reaction score
I believe Mr. Sushi was the first to bring up the fact that Bruce once lived in a penthouse in some earlier Batman comics - an idea he suggested may lead Nolan to use as inspiration for a home away from manner for our playboy billionaire.

According to Jett - Keyser got it right:

Bruce lives as a downtown Gotham penthouse because Wayne Manor is being rebuilt.

http://batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

That also gives us some indication of time range between BB and TDK

Unsurprising, as this was the case during Denny O'Neil's run, which seems to be a major influence on Batman Begins as far as tone and characterization are concerned (and, of course, O'Neil consulted on the script).

thats pretty cool. maybe the third film will end with the house being completed and all being well in gotham.

I'm not liking this, can't they just show that WM is built.

Good move on Nolans part. Having one of the men responsible for the reboot of the comic after the horendous 60's as a script consultant is a stroke of genius.

Perhaps the apartment is in Wayne Tower, that way Bruce wont have far to go to see what Lucius has cooked up for him.

I like it. It adds an interesting element to the film. We've never seen a film where he didn't live in Wayne Manor, yet it's something that's been done in the comics. It'll be fun!

I like it. It adds an interesting element to the film. We've never seen a film where he didn't live in Wayne Manor, yet it's something that's been done in the comics. It'll be fun!

I agree, its nice to change it up. Plus I'm sure the element will add to the storyline in some way beyond just being there b/c WM is being rebuilt.

So does this mean he won't be in the cave much, or that he'll have to drive there, or what? And does this mean we have to wait for the Grandfather Clock?

Hmm I can live it but I don't like the idea.

The only things I would ask are:

Are we going to see The Batcave? Is it a lock?
How does this effect Bruce when he sees the Bat signal?

Will he have to drive to Wayne Manor in order to get changed? Will he get changed in the back of Alfreds car ect?

Maybe thats how the Bat cylcle becomes handy?

Well, in the comics, he had a "cave" under the Penthouse (which was kinda cool, but a little hard to swallow).

Not really liking the idea that much. No Grandfather clock? No direct access to the cave?

Maybe it's just temporary for the first half of the movie or something.

So is there going to be another Batcave under the penthouse?

So does this mean he won't be in the cave much, or that he'll have to drive there, or what? And does this mean we have to wait for the Grandfather Clock?

Accoring to Wiki:

"When he lived in the penthouse of the Wayne Foundation building, Batman had a secret basement there equipped as a Batcave as well."

Some how Bruce will get to the batcave.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batcave

That would be a lame cop out. Almost as lame as pretending Viki Vale didn't exist in BATMAN RETURNS or how Nicole Kidman's character vanished in BATMAN & ROBIN. But we needn't go into that.

This is the only way it could have gone really, unless Bruce lives in a caravan above the batcave. I was kind of hoping he'd go slightly insane cooped up in the cave without Alfred.

This could mean Bruce has more involvement in Wayne Enterprises if he's in the same building. I really want more independence from Fox in the Batman related stuff this time though.

I can live with the penthouse. considering the movie picks up shortly after BB, I'd imagine the house is still in the building stages. but I'm sure Bruce will still spend his share of time doing his detective work in the cave.

Not really liking the idea that much. No Grandfather clock? No direct access to the cave?

I'm kinda thinking this movie will take place over a long period of time. It's based a lot around The Long Halloween, and that took place over 13 months.

I think the movie would work better that way, since you'd give time for Batman and Joker to grow to hate eachother, as well as giving time for Batman, Gordon, and Dent to become friends. Afterall, it'd be kinda silly if Batman got all upset over the scarring of the guy he knew for a couple weeks.

maybe the tech department of wayne enterprises will act as his batcave.

That would be a lame cop out. Almost as lame as pretending Viki Vale didn't exist in BATMAN RETURNS or how Nicole Kidman's character vanished in BATMAN & ROBIN. But we needn't go into that.
I do remember Bruce mentioning something about how he loved "Viki" in BR, but he mentioned she left for some reason.

And I'm interested to see how this whole penthouse thing will play out. I think it's a great idea.

I'm kinda thinking this movie will take place over a long period of time. It's based a lot around The Long Halloween, and that took place over 13 months.

I think the movie would work better that way, since you'd give time for Batman and Joker to grow to hate eachother, as well as giving time for Batman, Gordon, and Dent to become friends. Afterall, it'd be kinda silly if Batman got all upset over the scarring of the guy he knew for a couple weeks.
How do you know that the movie is based alot around The Long Halloween?

Aye, I expect Wayne Manor to be finished during 3, so it has to be over a longer period. And the Joker is going to be one tough nut to crack.

That's what I hope.

How do you know that the movie is based alot around The Long Halloween?

It's been mentioned many times. Nolan and Goyer even wrote the introduction for the Absolute edition of The Long Halloween, where they mentioned how much of a basis it was for BB, and how much they were going to use it for TDK.

Also, I Believe in Harvey Dent is a quote straight out of TLH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"