The Dark Knight Keyser Sushi Gets A Cookie

I agree with the people saying it takes place over a long period of time. Its the only way to build up with the relationship between the characters and it could explain how he would be living in a penthouse for a portion of the film and then be back at Wayne manor/batcave at a different point in the film. Look at the Prestige, that movie's story took place over a number of years. I have a very strong feeling TDK will be even more non-linear than BB and closer to the Prestige in terms of pacing.

I don't want it to take place over too long a time. Movies that do that are often very disjointed in a kind of 'oh, has it been that long?!' way in between scenes. Often character interactions suffer as a result as relationships change over time and if we only see the odd scene from each period years apart, we never really get to know the characters. There are movies that take place over literally hours that have fantastically drawn characters and relationships (Die Hard for example), wheras stuff like Brokeback Mountain and Zodiac (as much as I love Fincher) tend to drag on.

I was expecting the movie to cover about the same amount of time as BB (from when he gets back to Gotham).

I don't want it to take place over too long a time. Movies that do that are often very disjointed in a kind of 'oh, has it been that long?!' way in between scenes. Often character interactions suffer as a result as relationships change over time and if we only see the odd scene from each period years apart, we never really get to know the characters. There are movies that take place over literally hours that have fantastically drawn characters and relationships (Die Hard for example), wheras stuff like Brokeback Mountain and Zodiac (as much as I love Fincher) tend to drag on.

I was expecting the movie to cover about the same amount of time as BB (from when he gets back to Gotham).

I agree, too long is no good. I think TDK will run over the course of 6 months storywise.

Jett just got confirmation from the same guy that told us the Joker will in fact be mean to Batman and the people of Gotham...

The events of TDK will run over the course of more than 3 hours.

www.batman-on-film.com/batmanmovienews.html

I also heard this rumor that, despite what we may all expect, Spider-Man will NOT be making a cameo. Who knows if it's true though...

Katsy, baby, you ditched one of the best sigs on the Hype - when did this happen?!

Katsy, baby, you ditched one of the best sigs on the Hype - when did this happen?!

The covered in bees one? A while back actually. There was one in between that old one and this new one.

I think it might change it back though.

The covered in bees one? A while back actually. There was one in between that old one and this new one.

I think it might change it back though.

We don't hang out enough on the Hype anymore :(

What happen to the days of smoking a nice cuban, sipping on a alcoholic beverage I can't pronounce correctly unless I have a head cold, just watching greyhounds run around and around as fools place money on dogs they have no control of?

I miss those days buddy, I miss those days :(

We don't hang out enough on the Hype anymore :(

What happen to the days of smoking a nice cuban, sipping on a alcoholic beverage I can't pronounce correctly unless I have a head cold, just watching greyhounds run around and around as fools place money on dogs they have no control of?

I miss those days buddy, I miss those days :(

You know what I miss? The GrammarBatman and GrammarRobin stuff. Protecting the boards from mispelling and bad grammar. But I guess when Spider-Freddie disappeared, there wasn't as much of a need.

You know what I miss? The GrammarBatman and GrammarRobin stuff. Protecting the boards from mispelling and bad grammar. But I guess when Spider-Freddie disappeared, there wasn't as much of a need.

Those were good times, old chum, good times :(

How I miss Ronny Shade's White Fake Asian Ass during times like this :(

I guess one good element of the Penthouse is that it places Bruce Wayne IN Gotham City, where he can't ignore what's going on. If he's going to become more obsessed, it's going to be there, where he isn't miles from the city. Which I take to be a good sign in terms of characterization.

I guess one good element of the Penthouse is that it places Bruce Wayne IN Gotham City, where he can't ignore what's going on. If he's going to become more obsessed, it's going to be there, where he isn't miles from the city. Which I take to be a good sign in terms of characterization.

True. It also forces Bruce Wayne to have real screen time, which is great considering how well Christian Bale plays the pompous playboy.

I'm guessing that's going to be Bruce's character arc in 2 and 3. Losing himself, and then not. Retreating to the solitude of Wayne Manor and The Cave when city life almost destroys him as a person.

There's nothing stopping him losing it this time, especially since he won't have Alfred to bring him tea and biscuits while in the cave

A batcycle also makes more sense for a penthouse. Smaller and quieter it would be easier to keep a bike on location than a Tumbler and people would notice if the car kept suddenly appearing around the base of the building.

I think they'll definitly have to show the cave to help preserve continuity. You can't just have the cave suddenly show up again in movie three if people have totally missed it in TDK. Also they need to deliver on Alfreds line in BB. I'm guessing they'll show a new cave in the last scenes of the film after Bruce has moved back to the mansion.

A batcycle also makes more sense for a penthouse. Smaller and quieter it would be easier to keep a bike on location than a Tumbler and people would notice if the car kept suddenly appearing around the base of the building.

I think they'll definitly have to show the cave to help preserve continuity. You can't just have the cave suddenly show up again in movie three if people have totally missed it in TDK. Also they need to deliver on Alfreds line in BB. I'm guessing they'll show a new cave in the last scenes of the film after Bruce has moved back to the mansion.
That would be really dumb

I wish I had some of those Batman penthouse issues(sounds weird), they seem like they'd be a good read.

I wish I had some of those Batman penthouse issues(sounds weird), they seem like they'd be a good read.

The newest issue of Grant Morrison's Batman featured the penthouse.

Thats cool. I'm at least 3 issues behind with that book.

I'm all for the Penthouse idea. They should also showcase how difficult it now is to not live in a place with straight access to the batcave.

Having the movie take place over a long period of time is awesome in my opinion. The Clown Prince of Crime and the greatest enemy of Batman should not be taken down in a matter of days. He needs to be a LEGEND, dammit.

You know, i happened to have mentioned that bruce would probably be in a penthouse like in the comics quite awhile ago in the Batcave thread, but no one listened or responded to me. Well, gee whiz...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"