The Dark Knight The Wayne Penthouse

Why is Bruce's penthouse on the ground floor and not 150 floors up.

Why is the rooftop of the GPD part of a parking garage? Why does the narrows exist in a hanger in the UK while the bridge leading to it is in Chicago? Why does everyone keep referring to Batman as "Bale"?

Why is the rooftop of the GPD part of a parking garage? Why does the narrows exist in a hanger in the UK while the bridge leading to it is in Chicago? Why does everyone keep referring to Batman as "Bale"?

Why do we exist?

The bigger question is: Why travel all the way to Hong Kong to film a scene that they could probably do in a regular office building or built set?

there is no spoon

The bigger question is: Why travel all the way to Hong Kong to film a scene that they could probably do in a regular office building or built set?

That my friend is one of life's biggest mysteries.

For authenticity?

^^Very true sir.

Although sometimes my trigger fingers a bit quick on the ignore button.
Anyone here see someone on my list you think I should pardon?
I'll consider any of them except ToddisDead. That boy is pure brain diarrea.

ignoreuy1.jpg

I don't think I have ever noticed any of them. :yay:

this was just posted on the home page of Hype

probably going to be used for the penthouse shooting

Scooper 'Allen Panakal' sent in this brief bit about what The Dark Knight production is doing currently in Chicago:

They are filming at the chicago theater and i heard that they are renting a condo on Wacker.

I am intrested to see The Wayne Penthouse, since I was a fan of the 70's comic. especially, how the Batcave fits in.

Its been mentioned in the sides and at BOF that there is some sort of tie in with china or japan

I never thought i'd see the wayne foundation penthouse in any media version of batman...Nolan really wants to make this different from other batflicks

why did they build in the lobby rather than just get a proper room? whatever, looks great.
Probably b/c the lobby gives those incredible open views and they can move the set pieces around for filming reasons better than if they were in a real condo/penthouse.
that and besides the lobby looks great the way it is. :up:

Why is Bruce's penthouse on the ground floor and not 150 floors up.
thats what the green screens are for. to add the Gotham skyline in post.

http://p088.ezboard.com/fbatmanonfilm81780frm18.showMessage?topicID=2152.topic

Scarecrow360 at BOF has found the penthouse, it's at 111 E.Wacker. Green screens so probably not ground floor afterall. Link in my sig.

capture2pj4.jpg

Should have caught it earlier, same place as this

54166475259f088a351el7.jpg

so thats the view of the opposite street? yup they really will need that green screen uh-huh ;)

no, the penthouse. Is that it? I thought penthouses were meant to be high up.

no, the penthouse. Is that it? I thought penthouses were meant to be high up.

no thats the view FROM the building they're using as the Penthouse.

the green screen will be used to add the Gotham Skyline in post production, making that ground floor lobby look like its 100 stories up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"